• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holidays at the PokéCommunity - Event Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Maybe something for the Pokemon Anime section, there could be a Pokemon Anime Quiz? I have a couple of ideas for the Anime section for the events though like for the pop quiz, we could have questions but also post icons of the episodes for the members to guess which episode they came from.

Also I think we should have another AMV contest for the event.

Years
    I would like to see a wi-fi tournament in which the winner recieves a holiday type badge or whatever is given to display in our sig or profile.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Many of the events we had in previous holiday/celebrations are quite versatile in a way that I think can easily be adjusted to fit the christmas theme. I enjoyed iSketch (which would obviously be a christmas theme now if it were to go ahead) and the graphic competitions. (maker christmas related icons, tags etc.)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    New Year/Christmas Egg Swap (Kip would want me to mention this)
    New Year Photography

And!
    [16:24:11] <~Toujours> there should be a new year contest that's like
    [16:24:20] <~Toujours> make a collage or a graphic that describes your PC year this year

All the ideas I have, well, not really original but yeah. :)

Plus that other off-side event that has no relevance starting soon!

Years
    Many of the events we had in previous holiday/celebrations are quite versatile in a way that I think can easily be adjusted to fit the christmas theme. I enjoyed iSketch (which would obviously be a christmas theme now if it were to go ahead) and the graphic competitions. (maker christmas related icons, tags etc.)

To incorporate our ideas, the winning graphic competitor could be designing something holiday themed for the winner of a Battle competition.

I would certainly find it exciting to know I was battling for something someone made.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Man I would die to host for iSketch again! iSketch and Skype is the one thing I live for in these events!

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    A Holiday Map-Off again perhaps? Last year's was pretty successful.

But yeah I'm all for iSketch. <3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    iSketch! iSketch! iSketch!

But yeah. How about a hunt? Like the Easter one but holiday-themed and have supporter packs as prizes?

I really liked this at Easter c:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm not sure whether a return of the Pokédex 3D photo competition would work. I have been spending a lot of time thinking what I can do to make sure more people are around. Maybe making the photos have to be holiday-themed or something and making it so that there are no categories, as well as a more flexible rule set should do.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Already sent over my suggestions. The suggestions so far sounds exciting! <3

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Secret Santa signatures, so somebody might enter a graphic tag, someone might do a small sketch, someone might code something using CSS, someone might make a set of icons.

Basically a secret santa incorporating all facets of PC, the only rule being, that it must fit within the signature space limits.

totally because graphics and photography doesn't have the activity to pull off a Secret Santa of its own...

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    • Christmas/New Year's Movie Nights, I've hosted these a couple times, could probably do it again.
    • Mapping Contests, fairly obvious.
    • Christmas/New Years Photography, Christmas/New Years themed Photography.
    • Christmas/New Years Graphic Competitions, obvious again.
    Anyway, just a couple.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    iSketch again please.
    A singing competition
    Christmas anime snap competition
    Photography
    Pokemon Humanification? Christmas style...

And I like the cap, so many events get ignored towards the end, I don't even know if I win song *cough*GT8singing*cough* or what happened with them etc Dx

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
    Well, although I wasn't around for GT8, I think a gijinka contest and iSketch would be awesome.
    Also, why don't we have an Egg Swap, I'm pretty sure someone suggested it already, but you can throw in some rule like only Ice Types, or Pokemon of a certain color

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    All of the ones I were thinking of suggesting, have already been suggested. Such as, Graphics and Egg swap, but I think a Christmas Fan art or general Christmas based art contest could be fun or even having a Signature contest (where the enterants have to make up a signature that could include CSS, Icons etc. based on a selected theme) like the one at the PC's Get together would be great too.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Photography (Pretty much a staple in any GT or GT-like event imo)
    Egg swap just screams Christmas event.

I like Yugioh, so im puting in my mandatory vote for that. I'm sure that someone else from TTG can figure out someway to make it Christmas related, but im drawing blanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back