• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Holy crap, Furfrou is a beast!

Iskandar

The Seeker Of Light
Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2014
    :OOO WOW i knew nothing about that pokemon then xD Thanks for the information though :D because I wouldnt have ever searched him or his abilities.

Pinta77

Fufrou.. I mean I don't think it's that good. I traded mine away to my friend, but I got it back because I found out they're kinda hard to find and you can groom it. So I figured meh ill hang onto it.

I don't think it's a beast though. Meowstic is a beast.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    A Luvdisc could hold its own against this games elite four, that statement doesn't say as much as you think it does.

Luvdisc can hold its own against any E4 if you know how to use it, so even your statement loses a lot of merit. I mean there are Challenges that specifically say you have to use low powered Pokemon like Luvdisc and all are 100% doable.

Furfrou has really average stats, which actually isn't as bad as it sounds. Add its natural ability to only take half damage from physical attacks leaves it pretty decent physical tank. It's second best stat is Special Defense I believe with 90 points so even that is fairly good.

For a single stage Pokemon with average stats it really is a beast. As a competitive Pokemon, its time may come. It may not come. Though it really isn't something that can easily be lumped with Luvdisc.

Priority Attack lowering move with an ability to halve damage taken from Physical Attacks (pretty much a permanent Reflect) can make it fairly good when you need to just weaken an opponent.

Its definitely not a horrible Pokemon and it has fairly good potential.

Fufrou.. I mean I don't think it's that good. I traded mine away to my friend, but I got it back because I found out they're kinda hard to find and you can groom it. So I figured meh ill hang onto it.

I don't think it's a beast though. Meowstic is a beast.

Meh...Meowstic's overall Base Stat Total is lower than Furfrou's but not by much. Furfrou surpasses it in special defense and Physical attack. With its ability, its better for defense as well. Meowstic has it only in Special Attack and Speed (former is kinda duh due to its type while the latter is just by a measly 2 points)

Male I wouldn't say is a beast. He's got a good support build and the Female sorta just piles on the attacks though she has pretty average coverage. Based on experience against them...they are paper thin and easily plowed through...so I really don't want to make a comment on them until I've used some myself. Though I've still not used a Furfrou yet either....I just know they were a pain in the ass when I fought them.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Ok, I love mu Furfrou, but she doesn't seem to do any good at the Battle Maison or the battle tests in Lumiouse City. Either the pokemon you face area all munchkins (EV/IV), or I have the wrong movesets for triple battling.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    A lot of fans don't like the look of furfrou, but I concur. I believe that furfrou is not only beast, but looks nice as well. I don't think Furfrou will make OU, but it ill be a strong NU or UU pokemon, that's for sure.

Monte Blanc

The White Rabbit
    Years
  • I have a competitive Furfrou set-up that I have yet to test...It may be a little unorthodox, but let me know what you guys think?

The set-up is basically this:

Furfrou w/Assault Vest
    Impish (Def+/Sp.Atk-)
    EVs: 252 Def/252 Spd/4 HP
    Moves:
    -Sucker Punch
    -Return
    -U-Turn
    -Wild Charge

This Furfrou is meant to distribute as much damage as possible before fainting. Full EV-investment in Defense because, while Fur Coat halves Physical Damage, its Base Defense is only 60. The full EV-investment in Speed is a personal choice because I'd rather have a faster Pokemon that will last longer compared to a slower Pokemon that will be KO'd before it gets to attack.

The moveset is to accommodate the Assault Vest, which now makes Furfrou a dual-wall, but prevents it from using Status-moves. Furfrou's Attack Stat is only 80, which isn't anything outstanding, but it's usable (Especially if you can Baton Pass a Swords Dance or Dragon Dance). Its Physical movepool isn't particularly great either, but it does gain access to Sucker Punch and U-Turn. Alongside those moves, Furfrou's best bets are Wild Charge and Return (Coverage + Obligatory STAB-move).

Thoughts?

I personally think it's a cool Pokemon and I'm curious about its competitive capabilities.

Dude492

Hoenn Champion
    Years
  • My First Impression of Furfrou was: 'Oh cool, A Customisable Pre-Evolution of Absol' which i thought was cool but it doesn't evolve sadly, It'd be cooler with an Evolution or if the Haircuts changed it's type too{:3}

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    The double battle with two of them low level is painful if you neither have special moves or super-effective moves.

.Scream

Professor
    Years
  • Strangely enough I've just bred a decent Furfrou ready to EV train after I looked up Bulbapedia for it's stats. It's attack, speed and Sp. Def stats looked pretty good, the ability really intrigued me too with halving damage from physical attacks. Only problem is it's moveset but I guess sucker punch could be used well and it'd be a good companion as it has only one weakness to fighting types. :)

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • Furfrou is my favorite pokemon in XY. I swear that thing is a tank. Whenever I battled my friends it would always be my hero and retaliate the crap out of there team. Plus, with it's ability fur coat, fighting types had a harder time taking it out since most fighting moves are physical. :D

Back