• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: HOLY FFFFFAAAAAA!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
  • To all the people saying 'You don't have to read them?'
    Well what if we feel like reading something slightly meaningfull about a person?
    But instead we just get bombarded by crap that nobody cares about.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    It's their blog, their account. Why is it your problem? Ya don't have to read every blog post. I paid for two things: to support, and to have a blog. I'll post as many pointless posts as I want.

^ 0 blogs are about meaningful stuff. Go somewhere else if you want to read meaningful stuff.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • How do you know that nobody cares about it? It may be just you.

Besides the people that where in that conversation? Who just experienced that exact thing?

I'm not quite sure, besides, not saying stop blogging msn conversations all together, but why not have a blog once or twice saying the stuff that would've usually have gone into about 5 different blogs?

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    The internet consists of boundless space. Why do we have to condense blogs so some people don't have to click multiple buttons?

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Can't we 'lol' a little less about the same stuff though?
    Having to post every little thing that happens in group convos just doesn't make sence.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Um, you do realise that most of the people who spam the blogs are Tier 5 CSs, anyway... don't you? So it wouldn't help much.
    Then maybe Tiers 1-5 have the restrictions but Staff members, ex-staff, and Tier 6 Supporters don't?​

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I think everyone in here (that can) has posted a meaningless blog at least once. Stop being hypocrites.

It's funny, because it's always the pointless blogs that get more comments, and yet here we all are wanting to restrict them. It's really not that hard going back a few pages, or, even like Naoi said, go to said persons profiles. And it's not an excuse to say, "when you're old like me you forget peoples names" because that's not a valid reason to want it restricted for everyone else.

Of course, this is just my opinion. I can't speak for anyone else.

Last edited:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Go ahead and back up that claim. It doesn't have very much relevance to this anyhow, as this is about multiple entries. It's hardly being a hypocrite
    It's hard to back up a claim when a lot of people delete their blogs after a few days, yeah? And you shouldn't turn around and tell people to stop posting pointless entries when you've done it yourself.

I'm all for a restriction, because I hardly ever blog anyway.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Man I didn't expect this thread to like.. throw up on itself.. I offered a suggestion cause I personally felt like it was going crazy out of hand..

And... I honestly don't wanna ignore people who multiple blog post because not ALL of what they post is random stuff.. like.. I have respect for them too and I really enjoy when they post about something genuinely funny or something I can understand or relate to..
    So like.. I dunno.. ignoring them just kinda wouldn't be fair.. cause then a lot of people who get annoyed by this would ignore them too and I just think it would be bias..

As for the "Don't read this"

It's honestly like.. "*scroll scroll ... eyes glance down*
    It says.. 'Dead puppies.' ... (and that's it) ..

uh.. what?"

.. OH SHHHH-!! I ALREADY READ YOUR BLOG. FFFF!!!!!!!!"

It's kinda an exaggeration.. but yeah.. it's like.. OH MAN. I DIDN'T -MEAN- TO READ YOUR BLOG BUT MY EYES GLANCED OVER IT FOR TWO SECONDS AND I DID.

.. Yeah I dunno.. Obviously I'm just joking but yeah.. like.. a lot of this sorta blog post stuff is super twittery or whatever.. I don't really go on twitter (HAHA I WONDER WHY..) but that's what it seems like to me.

Man.. I failed at an attempt to make this post into a funny lighthearted one so people can stop barking about what's right or not..

Cause like.. I dunno.. this thread is mostly opinion based.. hence.. why it's a SUGGESTION!! WOOOO!!! <3

Yeah.

Edit: Regardless, Jake, you rock hard for helping out and checking out that ignore list thing for us anyways! I didn't really want to ignore anyone, like I said before.. but like.. for those people who do want to.. I'm glad that they have that option now at least.

Is it a separate ignore thingy for blogs and the rest of PC? or are they combined into your ignore list thingy?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Whether someone has posted a meaningless entry or not, we're against multiple entries. A restriction on meaningless entries would be a different restriction.

And thus, by your logic, with 'everyone has posted a meaningless entry', you're a hypocrite. :\

I concur with Kura on the ignoring factor. Wouldn't it also filter their posts in threads and such?
    I have posted meaningless entries, yeah. But I'm not going around yelling at people because they do. Therefore, no, I'm not.

Donnie

the popstar that never was
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    Okay, Kura isn't asking to abolish pointless blogs completely, it's just that some days blogs just get out of control with 5 or so blogs a day about something 'funny' that happened in MSN.

I mean, I've done it myself, I know that. And nothing is wrong with a useless blog entry, people paid for those blogs so they should be able to use it, but that's kind of like saying "People signed up for this forum so they should post as much as they want./Post visitor messages as much as they want." There has to be some sort of restriction. Don't take my quote the wrong way, I know that there isn't a limit to the amount of posts someone can make, I'm saying that they can't make 10 posts/VM's in 1 minute. Sorta like what Kura is asking. Supporters/Other people that meet the requirement can post as many blogs as they want, just not all at once, the 3 per day restriction seems totally reasonable. I'm all for it.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • It's only a select few people that actually do post more than three blogs a day. Like I said, I'm for it.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Well, this topic is gettin really interesting. xD;

Lemme take all the points into consideration:

There have been many meaningless blog entries lately and, according to Kura, its totally meaningless to post multiple meaningless blog entries in a single day. Well, I agree with Kura here. That is meaningless. These blog entries apparently are causing a lot of trouble to the regular blog visitors(or rather, readers). They find it totally irrelevant and irritating. Well, I'm not a regular blog reader and so I can't say much here. Still, I think that this thing can be stupid. D:

And now, let me take the other points into consideration. Well, the members have donated to become a supporter. They get blogs as a bonus. Right, I agree with this point too. Still, it seems to me that it will be kinda unfair to put a lot of restrictions on these people. Even though Blogs are a bonus, many may have paid just for their sake. D:

Thus, taking all of these points into consideration, I feel that there can be some restrictions. Like restrictions that limit the number of blogs they can make in a specific time period(as already suggested by some members like SL, I agree with ya guys! xD).

Well, that's my input.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • You're telling me this. :|

This would be more suitable to those who only paid to have a blog. Call it donation if you wish, but not everyone's intentions are as pure as most of us make it out to be.
    This.

Some people donated to PC because they wanted to give back to the community, but I can almost assure you that 99% of people that say that are lying to some degree. A lot of supporters didn't even donate themselves, either. If it weren't for the perks, PC wouldn't even have half the supporters it does now.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Okay, Kura isn't asking to abolish pointless blogs completely, it's just that some days blogs just get out of control with 5 or so blogs a day about something 'funny' that happened in MSN.

I mean, I've done it myself, I know that. And nothing is wrong with a useless blog entry, people paid for those blogs so they should be able to use it, but that's kind of like saying "People signed up for this forum so they should post as much as they want./Post visitor messages as much as they want." There has to be some sort of restriction. Don't take my quote the wrong way, I know that there isn't a limit to the amount of posts someone can make, I'm saying that they can't make 10 posts/VM's in 1 minute. Sorta like what Kura is asking. Supporters/Other people that meet the requirement can post as many blogs as they want, just not all at once, the 3 per day restriction seems totally reasonable. I'm all for it.

Thanks man!
    Yeah I thought 3 was pretty reasonable. Personally I'd like 2 per day/ 24 hours but I think that might be a bit unfair..

I always thought that if it was like.. they wanted to say it.. they could just wait a couple hours or simply edit their last blog entry if they end up going over the 3-day limit thingy..

Meh.. I dunno.. just like.. what I thought anyways..

EDIT: MAN THIS THREAD ISN'T HERE TO POINT FINGERS AT WHO HAS POSTED WHAT :/ IT'S ABOUT A SUGGESTION FOR THE COMMUNITY. SO LIKE.. YEAH. :/ If someone who posts like 30 blogs a day comes in here and says "No freaking way. I love me my blogs" well then that's their opinion, and this thread is here for a suggestion :/ so like.. yeah.. not to minimod or whatever but like.. seriously whether someone did that pointless blogging or not has nothing really to do with the suggestion given here to stop it or to keep it..

Edit2: I can be so crazy redundant sometimes..

Years
  • This blogging rule affects me.

Okay, first thing I'm going to say to this thing is, stop the crap about more perks.

I know the people this rant is going to, and if you think putting a price on spamming is going to do anything to it: you are bloody wrong. Money flows continuously. Just because you don't have the Mod+ status, or the money (what, 10 dollars?) or the post count to blog and have fun blogging, doesn't mean we cant.

You know that you can bookmark pages, blog entries, you can subscribe to blogs for gods sakes! Three hours later you dont have to go down 9001 pages to see a bloody entry, at most it'll take one page: exaggerating the situation is a dumb thing to do, especially when the people that hang out at the 'blogging corner' actually know the situation. Not being a snake or anything lol but Kura, if you actually hang out there, you will see that the situation is far different to what you are describing. Was it 3 hours ago last week? Oh. Now it all makes sense. D:

Also, what right do you have to call us obnoxious for posting what happens in our daily lives? Let me look up the definition of a blog:

Definitions of blog on the Web:

• read, write, or edit a shared on-line journal
    Yeah, It's a journal. So if you dont like our journals, just stop reading it, place us on ignore list, and look at the posts that 'matter.'

Blogging has become more of a usergroup with 192 people in it in PC. Just like when you have massive MSN group convos, a small portion of it will be actively talking, the rest will be looking at it, ignoring it, or etcetera.

And if it is your 'good friends' that you are complaining for spamming, that says a lot about being 'friends' with you.

Dont you dare try to split a community just because of one or two inconveniences you feel for not being able to find a specific post. In blogs we talk about stuff that we like, find amusing, or affect our daily lives. The 'spammers,' in case you have not noticed, often get more than a page of comments per blog post.

Now I'm going to slowly respond to each "point" as I re-read this thread.

Why are you trying to put a limit in how often we blog. That is ridiculous. Why should we be wary of what we are posting and be like sheep being prodded into a fence.

If you dont want to know about our spelunking in MSN group convos, just ignore us. Put us on that list, end.

protip: You don't have to read blogs, end.

Yes, welcome to the internetz.

Anthony: They can put restrictions on Tiers so people have to donate more, methinks! PROTIPS: saying **** to one mod and then sucking upto an admin doesnt work, snake.

And then after every blog I write, I shall write another blog with a very detailed WORD of how I got to the previous blog. Yes, join us and become the very thing you want to prevent.

Seth that is just contradictory to your statement. Also, I'm sorry that we don't all like to rant our emotional instabilities over a pokemon forum on the pokemon forum blogs. Just saying.

My only real complaint is sometmes people make important blogs that they want people to read, and then they kicked off the home in 3 minutes by a blog post about someone's MSN convo, but that's life PC. xD we have blog subscriptions for the people that care about person x and tags do help.

So yeah.. Supporters pay for blogs, and they should be able to post in them whenever they want, to be fair. :/ yay

Like Drew said, supporters paid for blogs. Not for "limited restriction blogs". Blogs. If you don't like it, ignore it. No big deal. Blogs don't make up PC. Yes, Ignore it.

People who post multiple blog posts a day are obnoxious. They know it. Everyone else knows it. Putting a limit won't stop them. Random WLM conversations are very stupid...seeing they're aimed at the people who were already IN the conversation to begin with....

But limiting them doesn't really stop them from happening. Hey, some of them paid to have a blog. They can post when they want what they want. Just subscribe to the people you'll read or something. Some people just blog for count because they just want to be in the top/recent lists...like people who just post for postcount. I'm not bothered by it at all really; THEY PAID FOR IT. Let them eat cake. omg caek <333

While they may have paid money for something, that doesn't give them the right to post useless things. Also, nothing changes for the better if we just ignore all of our problems. Actually, it does. If I buy a computer, I have the right to fill it with junk or pictures of lulcatz. I can put whatever the hell I feel like in it, as long as it doesn't break any law. Its not breaking any law.

I dunno.. A lot of people seem to be agreeing too and I just thought it'd be a good idea. I just think it's weird that a place that has such strict rules is like.. .. people are going buckwild and topless over this blog thing cause they're like having almost no restrictions. PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN.

PARTY OVER AT BLOG STATION! Yeah, blogs form a 'community.' Communities like to have social events.

ALSO. People don't PAY to have a blog. It's called a DONATION. Just because it happened to come with perks really honestly doesn't mean anything. :/ People should pay their $20 for an actual site if they want all the editing uncensored blogging power that they desire. Though I donated for supporting servers, some people donated because they wanted the perks. Others were paid for by their friends and such. Its human nature. Don't blame us.

I completely agree. Blogs..should be blogs. So do I. A journal. Freedom. End.

Perhaps Tier 1 and 2 Supporters have a limited amount of blogs and the rest don't? =/ Or something. . XD No what that's just oppression and more admin-suck up-ing

Much like the limits to posts that require a certain number of words or characters. There can also be other rules that say a blog has to be more than a copy/pasted article or conversation. Require that a blog have at least one paragraph of material typed by the user or something similar. I'll go over the definition again. It's a journal. Not an essay or a structured piece of English writing. Get over yourself.

And for the "people paid for the blog, they should be able to do anything they want" argument... People pay for cars (and pay quite a bit), yet there are plenty of restrictions in how they can use them. To be honest, people shouldn't be paying just to get the blog. They are donating to PC and getting the blog as a bonus (like a free tote bag). Some people even have blogs without paying (and honestly, they're also likely to have the spammy blogs thanks to their post counts). Scroll up a little and see my response to paid / donated crap.

Maybe multiple "first-page blogs" by the same person should be bundled together, so they take up minimal space. This can be implemented, it doesn't affect the bloggers.

To all the people saying 'You don't have to read them?' Well what if we feel like reading something slightly meaningfull about a person? But instead we just get bombarded by crap that nobody cares about. If no one cared about it, it wouldn't be there in the first place. If you feel like reading something meaningful, ask the person or go to a Teen Help forum. They have plenty of sad cases there.

Besides the people that where in that conversation? Who just experienced that exact thing? Often things happen in conversations that belong to a group. If some members of that group are not online, they can read it. Also, there are other people that read those conversations and find it amusing. Misheard Whisper <3

Having to post every little thing that happens in group convos just doesn't make sence. To you it doesn't. To others, the little things are entertaining.

Yay Willy <3

Go ahead and back up that claim. It doesn't have very much relevance to this anyhow, as this is about multiple entries. It's hardly being a hypocrite. I would, with Danica's blog posts, but often she deletes her blog posts, including the meaningful ones after being pressured both by her friends and other people to delete her blog entries. So, yeah, just be a part of the community, you will see.

You aren't supposed to be paying for a blog; you're supporting PC. Blogs are a privilege, not a right. The administration have the right to add a restriction or remove them entirely if they want. Some of us did. Also, scroll up a bit.

Thats it, now I'm going to go back to my screaming parents who are pissed that I donated so much time for you, snake. :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    [jq]Actually, it does. If I buy a computer, I have the right to fill it with junk or pictures of lulcatz. I can put whatever the hell I feel like in it, as long as it doesn't break any law. Its not breaking any law.[/jq]

There you have it. Our blogs are our blogs. Don't tell us how to use them.
    /thread.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Okay, first thing I'm going to say to this thing is, stop the crap about more perks.

[...]

Thats it, now I'm going to go back to my screaming parents who are pissed that I donated so much time for you, snake. :D

Woooaahh woah woah there man.. calm down

Yeah.. Zet and I are friends.. like.. :/ I dunno why you're saying like sucking up and stuff cause like.. Jake and I go back yeeeaarrss.. so like.. woah..

You don't have to go on calling me a snake and stuff.. :/ Seriously.. and like.. my suggestion wasn't pointing fingers at anyone specific.. just what I have noticed. And hey! Maybe I'm not on PC every minute of every day or something but I'd still like to know what happened to that person who was having a problem and I'd have liked to know if any of my suggestions helped them out, you know?

:/ Like.. I guess I'm speaking as a casual user of this forum.. so I don't actually KNOW a lot of new members here and stuff so yeah.. I do get confused on who says what.. and to be honest.. I don't see why I would need to bookmark like 5 blogs every time I come here and want to make a comment :/

And no.. they aren't "good friends" and they aren't really even "friends" of mine the people who post a lot. I'm just saying that they're pretty cool people but like.. oh man there are times where I just don't know what is going on there in those entries.

So like.. I don't mean for you to be all taking offense or something.. I can see why you wouldn't like change because maybe you like to post a crazy amount, too..

:/ But at the same time.. don't like.. try to shove a knife down my throat just because I'm offering a suggestion to the community that I find is a problem.

And yeah, some people don't think it's a problem.. and some people do..

It's a suggestion for that very reason :/

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Uh guys.. just to let you all know this whole like.. restrictions thing isn't probably gonna go through..

Wanna know why?

STAFF IS LAZY.

Yeah.. I know. I used to be one of them.. I know how it rolls.

*Winks at all those red-namers*
    Haha no, I'm just kidding :3 I love you guys.

(Yeah but Christmastime IS here.. sooooo.. if it does happen it wont be for a while anyways.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back