• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: HOLY FFFFFAAAAAA!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    @beaty. proletariat:

Okay, first thing I'm going to say to this thing is, stop the crap about more perks. Who mentioned more perks?

I know the people this rant is going to, and if you think putting a price on spamming is going to do anything to it: you are bloody wrong. Money flows continuously. Just because you don't have the Mod+ status, or the money (what, 10 dollars?) or the post count to blog and have fun blogging, doesn't mean we cant. Kura can blog. :/

You know that you can bookmark pages, blog entries, you can subscribe to blogs for gods sakes! Three hours later you dont have to go down 9001 pages to see a bloody entry, at most it'll take one page: exaggerating the situation is a dumb thing to do, especially when the people that hang out at the 'blogging corner' actually know the situation. Not being a snake or anything lol but Kura, if you actually hang out there, you will see that the situation is far different to what you are describing. Was it 3 hours ago last week? Oh. Now it all makes sense. D:
    We only have so much space for bookmarks, and I don't want a lot of links to PC's blogs.

Also, what right do you have to call us obnoxious for posting what happens in our daily lives? Let me look up the definition of a blog:
    Because you (not necessarily you yourself, but you know who I'm referring to) blog so much of things no one wants to look at.

Definitions of blog on the Web:

• read, write, or edit a shared on-line journal
    That's a rather poor definition. It can be a journal, yes. But, random MSN conversations aren't much of a "I did ___ today."

Yeah, It's a journal. So if you dont like our journals, just stop reading it, place us on ignore list, and look at the posts that 'matter.'
    I might as well ignore PC, then. Since, we won't like everything every member says.

Blogging has become more of a usergroup with 192 people in it in PC. Just like when you have massive MSN group convos, a small portion of it will be actively talking, the rest will be looking at it, ignoring it, or etcetera.
    Why are you posting it just so we can ignore it?

And if it is your 'good friends' that you are complaining for spamming, that says a lot about being 'friends' with you.
    Who said his/her "friends" were complaining? It seems Kura thinks that it's a problem, not his/her friends. Also, you shouldn't insult someone for their friends.

Dont you dare try to split a community just because of one or two inconveniences you feel for not being able to find a specific post. In blogs we talk about stuff that we like, find amusing, or affect our daily lives. The 'spammers,' in case you have not noticed, often get more than a page of comments per blog post.
    Splitting a community? Well, we're not segregating anyone. If simple flood control is too much for you, then I suggest you learn to deal with it if it's enforced, or just leave.

Why are you trying to put a limit in how often we blog. That is ridiculous. Why should we be wary of what we are posting and be like sheep being prodded into a fence.
    We find it ridiculous that some members blog so much. Once again, the idea is flood control, not saying you can only post this or that. >_>

If you dont want to know about our spelunking in MSN group convos, just ignore us. Put us on that list, end.
    If you don't want us to know about your MSN conversations, keep them to yourself.

protip: You don't have to read blogs, end.
    You needn't remind us of common sense.

Yes, welcome to the internetz.
    And if you can't deal with it, leave.

PROTIPS: saying **** to one mod and then sucking upto an admin doesnt work, snake. Well, technically, if a moderator annoys you, you should report to a higher-up.

Yes, join us and become the very thing you want to prevent. You need to learn what sarcasm is.

Seth that is just contradictory to your statement. Also, I'm sorry that we don't all like to rant our emotional instabilities over a pokemon forum on the pokemon forum blogs. Just saying. We're not all little kids. We're a forum, pokemon or not. And if I want to rant meaningfully, I will.

we have blog subscriptions for the people that care about person x and tags do help. They do, but what if we don't care about your every little blog?

Yes, Ignore it. And let all of your problems go unsolved.

Actually, it does. If I buy a computer, I have the right to fill it with junk or pictures of lulcatz. I can put whatever the hell I feel like in it, as long as it doesn't break any law. Its not breaking any law. You forget your computer isn't public, like blogs are.

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN. You want easily editable screenshots? Alright.
    Yeah, blogs form a 'community.' Communities like to have social events. Blogs form a portion of a community. A blog isn't a social event.

So do I. A journal. Freedom. End. Fine with me, but your random MSN conversations aren't "What I did today...".

I'll go over the definition again. It's a journal. Not an essay or a structured piece of English writing. Get over yourself. 50 or 100 characters isn't a structured piece of English writing.

If no one cared about it, it wouldn't be there in the first place. And that's why you shouldn't post random crap.

Often things happen in conversations that belong to a group. If some members of that group are not online, they can read it. Also, there are other people that read those conversations and find it amusing. Misheard Whisper <3 Then keep it private with your friends on Twitter.

To you it doesn't. To others, the little things are entertaining. And for most of the members who aren't in the conversation, they don't. And, that's only around 180,000 more people.

Last edited:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Looking in this thread, there's maybe about one or two people 'going around yelling at people' about this. This is hardly 'everyone who can post a blog'. A decent amount of people in the thread have posted a meaningless blog, however, they aren't criticizing anyone for it. Which even if they were, I don't think they need to be yelled at and called a hypocrite.
    Yelled at? You've got me all wrong, dear. I merely said that everyone has, at some stage, posted a meaningless blog and to be honest, a lot of people here *are* being a hypocrite.

Everyone has different views and opinions on what a 'meaningless blog' is. Some people might find it funny, others might not. A lot of blogs are directed at certain people. You might not be one of those people. It doesn't make it meaningless. If someone blogs about anything, then that must mean something to them. It's not meaningless in their eyes, is it?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Everyone has different views and opinions on what a 'meaningless blog' is. Some people might find it funny, others might not. A lot of blogs are directed at certain people. You might not be one of those people. It doesn't make it meaningless. If someone blogs about anything, then that must mean something to them. It's not meaningless in their eyes, is it?
    This is ftw. xD;

Still, I think that there ain't any necessity for entries that consists of one or two words. And there's no necessity to make 10-15 entries just consisting of 'whatever they are doing at that specific period of time' in a single day! D:

I'm all in for some limitations.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Juicy Fruit.. like.. no offense or anything but yeah! I agree that it can totally be meaningful in their eyes or to someone who understand what they're referring to.. but like I still think that going over 3 or 4 blog posts in the matter of like a few hours seems a little bit overboard to me, regardless of it's super meaningful and like a book.. or not..

:/ I suggested 3 per day cause I thought it would be a good balance.. soo.. I dunno why people are going super drama about it.. I thought it was really fair..
    The flooding was bugging me a bit.. and sometimes people have more to say than other people.. so I don't wanna put a word limit on a blog, you know? But going overboard with multiple posts seemed a bit unnecessary to me :/

I'm not trying to deny people saying stuff in their blog.. I just think that separating it into many posts is getting kinda bothersome to me :/

Last edited:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Juicy Fruit.. like.. no offense or anything but yeah! I agree that it can totally be meaningful in their eyes or to someone who understand what they're referring to.. but like I still think that going over 3 or 4 blog posts in the matter of like a few hours seems a little bit overboard to me, regardless of it's super meaningful and like a book.. or not..

:/ I suggested 3 per day cause I thought it would be a good balance.. soo.. I dunno why people are going super drama about it.. I thought it was really fair..
    No, I understand completely. I do agree with a limit, because a lot of blogs are just getting weird. Like a recent one that states it's nearly Christmas. Everyone knows it's nearly Christmas. And to be honest, four blogs in a few hours is over the top, yeah.

Let's not forget that if someone wishes to state something else, they can merely edit it into a previous blog they just posted.

Years
    @SETH:

Okay, first thing I'm going to say to this thing is, stop the crap about more perks. Who mentioned more perks?

If you read the thread, you'd see that they are mentioning blogging being restricted as "perks" per group of supporter/

I know the people this rant is going to, and if you think putting a price on spamming is going to do anything to it: you are bloody wrong. Money flows continuously. Just because you don't have the Mod+ status, or the money (what, 10 dollars?) or the post count to blog and have fun blogging, doesn't mean we cant. Kura can blog. :/

Oh. You got me there.

You know that you can bookmark pages, blog entries, you can subscribe to blogs for gods sakes! Three hours later you dont have to go down 9001 pages to see a bloody entry, at most it'll take one page: exaggerating the situation is a dumb thing to do, especially when the people that hang out at the 'blogging corner' actually know the situation. Not being a snake or anything lol but Kura, if you actually hang out there, you will see that the situation is far different to what you are describing. Was it 3 hours ago last week? Oh. Now it all makes sense. D:
    We only have so much space for bookmarks, and I don't want a lot of links to PC's blogs.

Subscription, also in bookmarks you can create folders. Get to know technology people.

Also, what right do you have to call us obnoxious for posting what happens in our daily lives? Let me look up the definition of a blog:
    Because you (not necessarily you yourself, but you know who I'm referring to) blog so much of things no one wants to look at.

I want to look at them. So shut the crap about no one wanting to look at it. So do other people, again, shut the crap.

Definitions of blog on the Web:

• read, write, or edit a shared on-line journal
    That's a rather poor definition. It can be a journal, yes. But, random MSN conversations aren't much of a "I did ___ today."

You put whatever you want in your journal. leme say something to you, you have no bloody right in deciding what 'shapes' a personal writing. Writing is without form, you attach form as a means of pertaining to conventions.
    Yeah, It's a journal. So if you dont like our journals, just stop reading it, place us on ignore list, and look at the posts that 'matter.'
    I might as well ignore PC, then. Since, we won't like everything every member says.

Do that. If you are going to pussy-foot with definitions and such, go ahead, though I doubt you, (yes, you in particular) will be able to leave for more than two days after making a useless blog about you leaving. Just saying.

Blogging has become more of a usergroup with 192 people in it in PC. Just like when you have massive MSN group convos, a small portion of it will be actively talking, the rest will be looking at it, ignoring it, or etcetera.
    Why are you posting it just so we can ignore it?

As I said, there is a specific group that will read it, others that will ignore it.

And if it is your 'good friends' that you are complaining for spamming, that says a lot about being 'friends' with you.
    Who said his/her "friends" were complaining? It seems Kura thinks that it's a problem, not his/her friends. Also, you shouldn't insult someone for their friends.

He/she complained about his/her friends also doing that. I'm not insulting his/her friends, I'm insulting his/her hypocrisy.

Dont you dare try to split a community just because of one or two inconveniences you feel for not being able to find a specific post. In blogs we talk about stuff that we like, find amusing, or affect our daily lives. The 'spammers,' in case you have not noticed, often get more than a page of comments per blog post.
    Splitting a community? Well, we're not segregating anyone. If simple flood control is too much for you, then I suggest you learn to deal with it if it's enforced, or just leave.

Yeah you are splitting the community. Flood control has to be reasonable, not "Two blog entries a day. gtfo."

Why are you trying to put a limit in how often we blog. That is ridiculous. Why should we be wary of what we are posting and be like sheep being prodded into a fence.
    We find it ridiculous that some members blog so much. Once again, the idea is flood control, not saying you can only post this or that. >_>

You find it ridiculous that people have stuff to blog that people will look at and find interesting and amusing? Get a life, you'll enjoy what we enjoy too :D

If you dont want to know about our spelunking in MSN group convos, just ignore us. Put us on that list, end.
    If you don't want us to know about your MSN conversations, keep them to yourself.

No, if you dont want to know about it, then ignore it. I'm more than glad for other people to hear about my MSN conversations.

protip: You don't have to read blogs, end.
    You needn't remind us of common sense.

You needn't remind me to use common sense then, oh wise seth.

Yes, welcome to the internetz.
    And if you can't deal with it, leave.

I think that statement is better focused on you.

PROTIPS: saying **** to one mod and then sucking upto an admin doesnt work, snake. Well, technically, if a moderator annoys you, you should report to a higher-up.

Not when they are both enforcing the same point. Look at Homeworld'sa.

Yes, join us and become the very thing you want to prevent. You need to learn what sarcasm is.

No, you need to learn what sarcasm is. Sarcasm, like beauty, language, and opinion, relies on personal viewpoint. Its when two viewpoints work together that it works. Seems you don't know it.

Seth that is just contradictory to your statement. Also, I'm sorry that we don't all like to rant our emotional instabilities over a pokemon forum on the pokemon forum blogs. Just saying. We're not all little kids. We're a forum, pokemon or not. And if I want to rant meaningfully, I will.

Rant meaningfully? Pffsh. Threatening the people that dont really care, but feel sorry for you that you are leaving PC does nothing but prove you are a huge cry baby. Also, you cant rant meaningfully. I've read your blogs, even tried to help you.

we have blog subscriptions for the people that care about person x and tags do help. They do, but what if we don't care about your every little blog?

Then don't read it :D

Yeah, some things are better left alone. You learn that after you've been through enough crap in your life to see things black and white; or at least black, grey and white.

Actually, it does. If I buy a computer, I have the right to fill it with junk or pictures of lulcatz. I can put whatever the hell I feel like in it, as long as it doesn't break any law. Its not breaking any law. You forget your computer isn't public, like blogs are.

Ok then, if I pay to make a website. I do whatever crap I want on it.

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN. You want easily editable screenshots? Alright.

No, pictures of people naked on PC. Read the quote before you comment. Alright.

Yeah, blogs form a 'community.' Communities like to have social events. Blogs form a portion of a community. A blog isn't a social event.

Its not a social event, it forms a community. That community has its own ways of dealing with stuff. Posting MSN convos like a social event to us.

So do I. A journal. Freedom. End. Fine with me, but your random MSN conversations aren't "What I did today...".

No, its how I felt today. What happened today. How "adam" or "john" felt today. Dont look at things from a selfish, materialistic view.

I'll go over the definition again. It's a journal. Not an essay or a structured piece of English writing. Get over yourself. 50 or 100 characters isn't a structured piece of English writing.

Thanks for reinforcing it :D

If no one cared about it, it wouldn't be there in the first place. And that's why you shouldn't post random crap.

Again, people care about it, so its there. Its random crap, but its worthwhile. Just like talking to you, for some people like me. Your opinion is random crap, but making it worthless to other people is worthwhile as I like blogging. kthnx.

Often things happen in conversations that belong to a group. If some members of that group are not online, they can read it. Also, there are other people that read those conversations and find it amusing. Misheard Whisper <3 Then keep it private with your friends on Twitter.

We dont like twitter. We like posting it where other people can also see it, we like posting stuff to the community, not only our friends.

To you it doesn't. To others, the little things are entertaining. And for most of the members who aren't in the conversation, they don't. And, that's only around 180,000 more people.

Dude, look at yourself. SAAAAD. 180 000 people? Pffsh. If PC had that many people viewing it blogs could be completely free and advertisements would pay for everything.

So like.. I don't mean for you to be all taking offense or something..
    Yeah, I take offence when my friends are being dissed. Look at the first page where you are all calling them attention seeking and such. Its offensive :/

We blog for fun. End.

Also, I have said stuff that are contradictory, offensive, and also somewhat off topic. I apologise if it offends anyone and to the staff for being off topic XD.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Wooaah.. I didn't mention anything about my friends posting blogs anywhere so I dunno where you got that from, like I said before..

Also.. I really doubt I said that anyone was attention seeking or anything

:/ Thirdly.. I kinda.. really don't like that language you're using with the "bloody" being taken as a swearword there..

and all this like "Shut the crap"

:/ I really don't know if anyone is personally attacking you here because I really don't feel like they are.. but for you calling me a snake was really borderline for me.. but now that I feel that you're kinda going over the edge by saying this stuff to another member.. and.. I'm honestly sorry but I just feel I need to report this..

:/ I don't want this thread to be a crazy flamewar.. and people DO have different opinions on matters.. but I personally do not appreciate the language that you are using things so I'm really just gonna report this cause I want this to be resolved yet I don't wanna be the one dictating stuff or honestly telling you what to do :/

I just am saying I really don't appreciate the way you are saying stuff to me and to a couple other people here.

If you wanna talk about it over PM or something that you feel that you didn't mean to come across that way, I'll be happy to.. but I will not appreciate a PM that is full of harsh undertone..

:/ I also do not want to go offtopic but I feel it needs to be said because I think that everyone's opinions are valued.. but I just don't want the opinions said in a hurtful way..

Yep~

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    @beauty. proletariat:

If you read the thread, you'd see that they are mentioning blogging being restricted as "perks" per group of supporter/ I see.

Subscription, also in bookmarks you can create folders. Get to know technology people. What if I don't want to go through a folder to look for one thing I'll read one time and forget about. I don't want over a thousand bookmarks in that folder, just for the worthwhile blogs.

I want to look at them. So shut the crap about no one wanting to look at it. So do other people, again, shut the crap.

I never said nobody wanted to look at it. I said other people don't. You're not someone else.

You put whatever you want in your journal. leme say something to you, you have no bloody right in deciding what 'shapes' a personal writing. Writing is without form, you attach form as a means of pertaining to conventions. I don't write my "journal" as "Person1: Hey. Person2: Hello, what's new? Person1: Nothing much, just _____."

Do that. If you are going to pussy-foot with definitions and such, go ahead, though I doubt you, (yes, you in particular) will be able to leave for more than two days after making a useless blog about you leaving. Just saying.
    No need to resort to vulgar language. As you've said, you think it pointless, I don't; people have different opinions on what they think is useless. It means nothing to you, but it means something to me.

As I said, there is a specific group that will read it, others that will ignore it.

Hardly anyone's in that "group". 10 or 15 out of how many? 6 billion. That's a whole lot. In public, everyone can view and judge it. One more reason to tell your friends over MSN what other people on MSN said. Easy enough.

Yeah you are splitting the community. Flood control has to be reasonable, not "Two blog entries a day. gtfo."

I never said it was two; you're exaggerating. I think 5 is reasonable. Flood control is reasonable. Do you want to post one post after another on the forums too? We may be two opposing sides, but we're a part of the same whole.

You find it ridiculous that people have stuff to blog that people will look at and find interesting and amusing? Get a life, you'll enjoy what we enjoy too.
    No, if it's about something interesting, it's not ridiculous. But, you can't change what registers in my mind as ridiculous, so you can't call something meaningful to me useless. You don't have my perspective.

No, if you dont want to know about it, then ignore it. I'm more than glad for other people to hear about my MSN conversations.

It's staring at me in the face on the blog page, how am I supposed to ignore it? I like reading meaningful blogs, by the way. And that's great if you want people to know; tell the ones you know will find it interesting, not everyone.

I needed to remind you to use it because you weren't using it.

It goes for everyone, not just the one you like to pick on.

No, you need to learn what sarcasm is. Sarcasm, like beauty, language, and opinion, relies on personal viewpoint. Its when two viewpoints work together that it works. Seems you don't know it.

Quite incorrect you are. Sarcasm doesn't necessarily depend on viewpoints. It's when you use irony and exaggeration to prove a point.

Rant meaningfully? Pffsh. Threatening the people that dont really care, but feel sorry for you that you are leaving PC does nothing but prove you are a huge cry baby. Also, you cant rant meaningfully. I've read your blogs, even tried to help you.
    Once again, it's meaningful to me, not you. You should know that fairly well after shoving that fact down our throats.

Oh, because I totally~ couldn't guess that. I hope you read my point on sarcasm.

Yeah, some things are better left alone. You learn that after you've been through enough crap in your life to see things black and white; or at least black, grey and white.

Some things yes. But, you still won't solve anything if you ignore everything.

Go make your own blog, then. There's no rules other than content-appropriate. You can put your conversations there, if they matter to you that much.

PC's not a pornsite.

Its not a social event, it forms a community. That community has its own ways of dealing with stuff. Posting MSN convos like a social event to us.

It forms part of the community. The forums are the largest part. To you, they are social events. But, social means public, so they're just events.

No, its how I felt today. What happened today. How "adam" or "john" felt today. Dont look at things from a selfish, materialistic view.
    It's your diary, not yours and your friends'. I wasn't.

Again, people care about it, so its there. Its random crap, but its worthwhile. Just like talking to you, for some people like me. Your opinion is random crap, but making it worthless to other people is worthwhile as I like blogging. kthnx.
    Worthwhile to whom? 1 person? Your opinion isn't crap to me. Have some respect.

We dont like twitter. We like posting it where other people can also see it, we like posting stuff to the community, not only our friends.
    Go make your own website then and invite your friends. I can understand if you want people to see it, but if nobody but you and your friends are going to see it, keep it in its own place, such as MSN. They'll see it as they did it.

Dude, look at yourself. SAAAAD. 180 000 people? Pffsh. If PC had that many people viewing it blogs could be completely free and advertisements would pay for everything.
    I go by member's list count. Not by how many people view the blogs. They don't care about it either, whether they view the blogs or not.

Last edited:
    Years
    Oh I do love waking up to meaningless pile of debates every single morning. But it does take a lot of gall for Kura to post what she had to post because I am quite sure that a lot of us are actually tired of seeing people use blogs for what they call "fun" and didn't really want trouble by expressing their opinion. I'm sure they've kept quiet all this time and some still are, because I assure you, I don't think a lot of us even find any of this crap funny.

I've seen Kura bashed in the past for expressing her own opinion and I just think that's pathetic. PC members have the right to state their opinion on something that they feel is out of place and it's immature to be calling them out for something you can't understand. Yes, Miraj, I'm talking about you. Enough with the cracks and insults, it doesn't suit you to be talking like that even if you are protecting our friends.

Kura, thank you for posting this thread, I admire you on so many levels for the way you speak your mind and this is one of them.

Here are my thoughts.

I understand that people are allowed to use their blog however way they wish, there is no exact restriction on how many blogs a day they may post, what kind of content they are allowed to add, all sorts. But I can state that it would be nice for people to have some kind of tact with this sort of thing.

A point of view of mine is that it is nothing but tedious to see so many blogs on "WTF LOL XDDDDD" kind of conversations since...to me they're hardly worth reading, to the dismay of the person who makes the blog entry in the first place.

Personally I love coherent blog entries that do have quite a bit of substance to it. Yeah, doesn't have to be anybody blogging about their day everyday to the finest detail, but perhaps a nice little entry that involves some normality and something more members can contribute to.

But unfortunately some of these entries, I've seen, have been overshadowed by more stupid ones that seem to get more responses by the regulars and friends than these entries. And even though it's the sort of capitalizing aspect you see in many other factors of life that can't actually be stopped, I do believe on PC it would be great if something were done so that more "innocent" blog entries aren't pushed behind. Perhaps...there could be less of the more ...ahem, comical entries? Perhaps a blog limit would be nice? Posting one entry a day maybe? That would be nice as well. Just something to even the entire thing out so there is a proper mixture of blog entry substances rather than overloading more of one.

Years
    @seth:

Subscription, also in bookmarks you can create folders. Get to know technology people. What if I don't want to go through a folder to look for one thing I'll read one time and forget about. I don't want over a thousand bookmarks in that folder, just for the worthwhile blogs.
    What if I dont like my rights revoked because of idiots like you. Yeah, I said it. Idiots like you. Its opinion k? Things may be worthwhile to me, but not to you.

I never said nobody wanted to look at it. I said other people don't. You're not someone else.
    I find the pointless blogs other people make interesting. Unless I dont count as "others," in which case, you dont either. Your opinion doesnt matter. Nice message to pass on.

You put whatever you want in your journal. leme say something to you, you have no bloody right in deciding what 'shapes' a personal writing. Writing is without form, you attach form as a means of pertaining to conventions. I don't write my "journal" as "Person1: Hey. Person2: Hello, what's new? Person1: Nothing much, just _____."
    Actually, our convos are much more eventful than that. Also, we were talking about structure. And I write in my journal like that, OK? pffsh.

No need to resort to vulgar language. As you've said, you think it pointless, I don't; people have different opinions on what they think is useless. It means nothing to you, but it means something to me.
    Your opinion doesnt count :D It's only you that it means something to~

Hardly anyone's in that "group". 10 or 15 out of how many? 6 billion. That's a whole lot. In public, everyone can view and judge it. One more reason to tell your friends over MSN what other people on MSN said. Easy enough.
    6 billion? God. mate.

Half the world cant even use a computer :| nuff said.

I never said it was two; you're exaggerating. I think 5 is reasonable. Flood control is reasonable. Do you want to post one post after another on the forums too? We may be two opposing sides, but we're a part of the same whole.
    No, we are not a part of the same whole. You are a part of a minority that is jealous of the love we feel in our community. A "whole" works together. You and I; we dont.

You find it ridiculous that people have stuff to blog that people will look at and find interesting and amusing? Get a life, you'll enjoy what we enjoy too.
    No, if it's about something interesting, it's not ridiculous. But, you can't change what registers in my mind as ridiculous, so you can't call something meaningful to me useless. You don't have my perspective.
    Your perspective and opinion doesnt count~

It's staring at me in the face on the blog page, how am I supposed to ignore it? I like reading meaningful blogs, by the way. And that's great if you want people to know; tell the ones you know will find it interesting, not everyone.
    We want everyone to see and know about it. We like sharing the good stuff~ Not the emo crap you feel.

I needed to remind you to use it because you weren't using it.
    Coming from someone who doesn't read before posting.

It goes for everyone, not just the one you like to pick on.
    No, you are the one who cant accept that the internetz is how it is. Careless, we dont care about you, gtfo.

Quite incorrect you are. Sarcasm doesn't necessarily depend on viewpoints. It's when you use irony and exaggeration to prove a point.
    To understand it, it does.

Once again, it's meaningful to me, not you. You should know that fairly well after shoving that fact down our throats.
    Your opinion doesn't count, like you graciously explained to me.

Oh, because I totally~ couldn't guess that. I hope you read my point on sarcasm.
    If that's the case, then stop reading it :D

You repeated this :| look below.

Some things yes. But, you still won't solve anything if you ignore everything.
    Try it out. It works~ You dont need to dominate every aspect of everyone's lives to solve crap.

Go make your own blog, then. There's no rules other than content-appropriate. You can put your conversations there, if they matter to you that much.
    :/ I paid for a blog here. I'm not moving, or paying more.

PC's not a pornsite.
    urgh.

learn the context k?

It forms part of the community. The forums are the largest part. To you, they are social events. But, social means public, so they're just events.
    Social event / Event, meh. still an event. A community is a bunch of people with similarities. PC is not the only community here.
    There are romhackers, graphics artists, Trivia posters, fanclubs, etc. They are all individual communities within this huge community called PC.
    Look at earth. It is a community, with different nations, different ideals, etc.

It's your diary, not yours and your friends'. I wasn't.
    Context.

Worthwhile to whom? 1 person? Your opinion isn't crap to me. Have some respect.
    Well your opinion is crap to me, and It affects me, thus I must deal with it.

Go make your own website then and invite your friends. I can understand if you want people to see it, but if nobody but you and your friends are going to see it, keep it in its own place, such as MSN. They'll see it as they did it.
    I've already paid for a blog in PC, get out.

I go by member's list count. Not by how many people view the blogs. They don't care about it either, whether they view the blogs or not.
    Member list count, ok. So many of those accounts are never looked at again, others are just alternative accounts. I estimate approximately 1000 people that actually care about PC.

And christina I've already apologised and explained to kura, yet she still feels the need to be a smart-ass and post it here :/

Also, we are all up for "management", aslong as the bloggers arent forced to a flood limit.

Every day is different to another. Somedays there may be 1 post, others none, others there may be 8. :/

Years
    Alright, I understand you've apologised and it's great that you did, but it's better to try and understand where Kura is actually coming from rather than getting angry as it's just two sides not willing to commute with each other. I can see where she's coming from because it's the kind of jadedness I've known many people to talk to me about in the past. Kura's just the only person I've seen to have actually stepped up and talked about an aspect that makes PC...in actuality, more of a place not worth coming to rather than one that's worth a read for a few minutes or more. I know I've personally shied away from PC because the people on this site are, in my opinion, so overbearing and don't seem to know any limits on their attitudes, and that includes this entire blogging issue, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who actually has this sort of opinion. What Kura is trying to say is that there shouldn't be too much of one kind of substance in blog entries, and that just so happens to be the stupid blog entries our friends actually post.

Last edited:

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    @beauty. proletariat:
    Well, since my opinion has no matter on you, there is no point in me trying to even communicate my expressions. And apparently, I'm nothing more than a piece of crap to you. I hope you enjoy being a prick, because it may seem fun now, but it won't get you anywhere in life.

Years
    @beauty. proletariat:
    Well, since my opinion has no matter on you, there is no point in me trying to even communicate my expressions. And apparently, I'm nothing more than a piece of crap to you. I hope you enjoy being a prick, because it may seem fun now, but it won't get you anywhere in life.

Thank you for understanding :D

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Why are so many people complaining about blogs, yet at the same time trying to get 5,000 posts so they can have one?

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    There not complaining about the blog system Will, they're explaining about the content being posted.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    In all honesty, do any of you care more about what people did today than you do about the MSN conversations they had? Blogs will only be pointless; there is no fixing it.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I say have these msn blogs merged into one for the 24 period they were created in. A daily msn blog. Because after the 24 hours they were created in will there be another comment made on it?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I want to cry.

Guys, there is no need to turn a peaceful discussion into a tl;dr flamewar (>_>). And the sad thing is that this isn't the first time this happens and chances are it won't be the last one.

Anyway, I'd happily agree with a blog limit, because not many people post more than 3 blogs per day, if at all. In fact, these days I barely see a new page of blogs when I wake up. So, my point is, that system wouldn't really solve the problem. People can use these three/four/x blogs to post "spam", and there is nothing we can do about it.

About a character limit, well, you can make an interesting blog entry without using more than 20 words, if you point to an interesting text from another website for other people to look at, or maybe you want to post pictures, or something. Not sure it would really work D:

The only way to solve that, in my opinion, would be creating a special ignore list for blogs, separate from the main forum. But, the other solutions... they aren't guaranteed to work 100% and I'm sure some "spammers" would find a way to avoid them, anyway. We have quite smart members.

PD: I just read the blogs from last night and yeah, I can understand how you feel, Kura.

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I've just gotta say, personally, I don't really mind when people put random content that makes no sense into their blogs. Not minding doesn't mean I still don't find the content stupid though. There's a lot of things that people do that are stupid but the thing is, you don't have to take notice all the time.

To those people saying that WLM conversations are pointless, I just have to say that not all of them make for a pointless read. Msnnomi, Signomi's msn blog, is a good example. I love reading it because it has some great conversations where the content isn't just stupid crap but actual conversations that are interesting and funny.

I think it's up to the bloggers and people posting stupid things to stop, look at their post and ask themselves if it's really worth posting. If it's a 5 second copy and paste then that isn't real content. Also, I just have to say, some conversations' jokes really need to be looked at before they're posted because they tend to offed people sometimes. Then again, this is all my opinion and you can do whatever you want with it.

Oh, and Anthony, thanks for letting us know that you can ignore some blogs. I'm going to start utlizing this feature because there are just some stupid blogs that I can't ignore, which is a real shame.

Edit: Oh the Irony - Latest Group: We post blogs about WLM conversations group!, In Category: PokéCommunity, Owned by: Sakari

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back