• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: HOLY FFFFFAAAAAA!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Okay I hope this gets taken seriously despite the attention-grabbing title..

Anyways.. there has been like crazy crazy amounts of like.. multiple blog posts lately.. like I mean.. the same people will post a pointless blog like 3, 4, 5, 6 times a day... it's kinda ridiculous cause like.. hey.. maybe I wanna actually check back and see what people said on some other blogs that I just read maybe like 3 hours ago, but the thing is all flooded now.

And I don't wanna put those other people on my ignore list cause they're cool, and they have some good stuff to say sometimes.

But seriously..
    Can like maybe there be like a 3-blog per 24 hour limit or something? Or 2-blog per 24 hour limit? Cause like.. seriously.. it's just getting just ridiculous.. like.. I know people can't spam on the boards.. but really? Really.

Yeah feedback maybe? What do you guys think? Am I crazy for getting frustrated at all the attentiongrubbers?

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I totally agree. We don't need to know every funny little aspect of your WLM conversation or what your hair's been doing throughout the day with a minute-by-minute update.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    protip: You don't have to read blogs

Take the tip and you'll be happy d('-'d)

Protip: Mods in my day weren't douches who're just around to try and look cool.

Take the tip and be worth a damn as a mod d('-'d)

Anthony: They can put restrictions on Tiers so people have to donate more, methinks!

Or I can allout like.. crazy mega flood the blogs like every minute of every day and technically I'm not breaking any rules so I can kinda in a way annoy the heck out of people and not get into trouble for it.
    Technically.

Technically.

Cause I'm not popular, people are gonna like.. crazy complain about it.. cause their blogs will go to like the 5th page like 10 minutes after they post it.

Zet

Years
    Actually in your day lots of people were douches, you know, Anthony La knows it, we all know.

But I don't think anyone would care if you spammed their blog entries, it would just be another comment to them, another reason to blog more

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Actually in your day lots of people were douches, you know, Anthony La knows it, we all know.

But I don't think anyone would care if you spammed their blog entries, it would just be another comment to them, another reason to blog more

I didn't say anything about spamming their blog entries, I'm talking about spamming the general blogging page with countless blogs with details entailing very amazing things such as the word "Ninja Turtles" and nothing else, to innovative sentences involving the way my fork is placed ever so gently upon the side of my plate. And then after every blog I write, I shall write another blog with a very detailed WORD of how I got to the previous blog.

GITRDUN.

Or something.

Either way, I'm just bringing it up. Hence the word "Suggestion" in the title.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    I agree. I'm rather sick of nothing but random WLM conversations. I've posted a few myself, but not one every other day. At least Mario The World Champion's blogs have some point, and tell of his life, instead of just a record of who said this, i lol'd, and other random things.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm one of the people that don't see the point in posting a blog every 5 minutes, but some people chose to do that on regular blog sites, so they should be allowed to do the same on PC.

If I'm in a mood where I find someone's constant blogging annoying, then I don't read them.. >_>; My only real complaint is sometmes people make important blogs that they want people to read, and then they kicked off the home in 3 minutes by a blog post about someone's MSN convo, but that's life PC. xD

So yeah.. Supporters pay for blogs, and they should be able to post in them whenever they want, to be fair. :/

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    I'm going to have to agree here, the amount of blogging done by some has gotten completely out of hand, I'm all for a restriction.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    Like Drew said, supporters paid for blogs. Not for "limited restriction blogs". Blogs. If you don't like it, ignore it. No big deal. Blogs don't make up PC.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    People who post multiple blog posts a day are obnoxious. They know it. Everyone else knows it. Putting a limit won't stop them. Random WLM conversations are very stupid...seeing they're aimed at the people who were already IN the conversation to begin with....

But limiting them doesn't really stop them from happening. Hey, some of them paid to have a blog. They can post when they want what they want. Just subscribe to the people you'll read or something. Some people just blog for count because they just want to be in the top/recent lists...like people who just post for postcount. I'm not bothered by it at all really; THEY PAID FOR IT. Let them eat cake.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    [S-HIGHLIGHT][/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    Like Drew said, supporters paid for blogs. Not for "limited restriction blogs". Blogs. If you don't like it, ignore it. No big deal. Blogs don't make up PC.

While they may have paid money for something, that doesn't give them the right to post useless things. Also, nothing changes for the better if we just ignore all of our problems.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years

While they may have paid money for something, that doesn't give them the right to post useless things. Also, nothing changes for the better if we just ignore all of our problems.

You are not obliged to read these pointless things.
    Just like you don't have to read or agree with everyone's posts on PC.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, this is an alright idea, but couldn't you always just go to that person's profile, go to their blog tab, and then view the blog you were looking for? D;

I mean, it's not that hard.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Well, this is an alright idea, but couldn't you always just go to that person's profile, go to their blog tab, and then view the blog you were looking for? D;

I mean, it's not that hard.

When you're old like me, you start forgetting peoples usernames you've only seen like 3-4 times.

Thing is.. I don't read them.. :/ It's like.. you know when you're like "Oh snap, where was that blog again" and it's been like.. one day.. so you click that little "find more" link at the bottom.. and you're not reading through the crap.. but you're just like.. scrolling down.. and down.. and next page.. and next page..

I dunno it's just kinda ridiculous.. can't you guys make it so that if someone's blog is like.. more than once on one page, it becomes like a merged post thing? And then when you go to their profile it recollapses onto their regular page.. that way like.. also when their other blog gets knocked back from the main page, you still see the new update.. but like.. otherwise it's like a merged post.

I dunno.. A lot of people seem to be agreeing too and I just thought it'd be a good idea. I just think it's weird that a place that has such strict rules is like.. .. people are going buckwild and topless over this blog thing cause they're like having almost no restrictions.

PARTY OVER AT BLOG STATION!

Edit: ALSO. People don't PAY to have a blog. It's called a DONATION. Just because it happened to come with perks really honestly doesn't mean anything. :/ People should pay their $20 for an actual site if they want all the editing uncensored blogging power that they desire.

Zet

Years

You're one to talk, you blog your convos with Shiro

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I completely agree. Blogs..should be blogs. They should not be just one sentence, or one sentence and a video. D:

And if you're going to type 5 mini-blogs a day, go to Twitter/Facebook/Myspace/Who cares. Don't do it here. Have some context. Don't just post to say, "OH PRETTY VIDEO!"

This is why I don't read the blogs. Limit = good

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    People who post multiple blog posts a day are obnoxious. They know it. Everyone else knows it. Putting a limit won't stop them. Random WLM conversations are very stupid...seeing they're aimed at the people who were already IN the conversation to begin with....

But limiting them doesn't really stop them from happening. Hey, some of them paid to have a blog. They can post when they want what they want. Just subscribe to the people you'll read or something. Some people just blog for count because they just want to be in the top/recent lists...like people who just post for postcount. I'm not bothered by it at all really; THEY PAID FOR IT. Let them eat cake.

You took the words right outta my mouth. Especially with the first paragraph. ><

However, I do think that people who continuously post blgs are really, really annoying. Especially when someone posts something important and then gets kicked off. But instead of a limit of 3 per day, why not 5?

Of course, like I said, I agree that people donated for blogs and not a restricted number either. . I'm kinda on the fence about this, really.

Perhaps Tier 1 and 2 Supporters have a limited amount of blogs and the rest don't? =/ Or something. . XD​

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    If not a limit based on time or amount of blog posts, may I suggest that a limit is imposed on the overall quality?

Much like the limits to posts that require a certain number of words or characters. There can also be other rules that say a blog has to be more than a copy/pasted article or conversation. Require that a blog have at least one paragraph of material typed by the user or something similar.

And for the "people paid for the blog, they should be able to do anything they want" argument... People pay for cars (and pay quite a bit), yet there are plenty of restrictions in how they can use them. To be honest, people shouldn't be paying just to get the blog. They are donating to PC and getting the blog as a bonus (like a free tote bag). Some people even have blogs without paying (and honestly, they're also likely to have the spammy blogs thanks to their post counts).

Years
    Of course, like I said, I agree that people donated for blogs and not a restricted number either. . I'm kinda on the fence about this, really.

Perhaps Tier 1 and 2 Supporters have a limited amount of blogs and the rest don't? =/ Or something. . XD​
    Um, you do realise that most of the people who spam the blogs are Tier 5 CSs, anyway... don't you? So it wouldn't help much.

Maybe multiple "first-page blogs" by the same person should be bundled together, so they take up minimal space. Or only the most recent blog entry by each person has its own notification. That could work, without throwing around stupid restrictions and taking away what people already have; it fixes the core problem - people are bumped off the front page by multiple spam micro-blogs by the same user. So just make sure they don't get knocked off as easily.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back