• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holy Type Pokemon

Which of these new types would be the best?

• Holy

Votes: 48 55.8%
  • Wood

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Wind

Votes: 23 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
Years
Oh how many topics have been made for the new type discussion. I should know, I started one. But I agree with Mudkip Madness, religion and Pokemon wouldnt really go well. A lot of people want to see Light to counter dark, but the same reason applies. Wood and Wind are baically Grass and Flying, so the four basic elements are covered. If anything, its harder now to come up with new types, but if I had to create one, I would say Space/Cosmic, with Deoxys brining with it a new breed of Pokemon thanks to the space virus that created it, or something like that.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
datriot said:
Hey, that's a way good type!
What do you think of Virus?
Is it a good type?

Lol! I just imagined a virus type pokemon that, like Chansey/Blissey, distributed stuff to the other members of your team. But rather than HP, it was Pokerus! Lol! Imagine how great a Pokerus-inducing Softboiled would be!

Or how about a virus Porygon type? It would scramble PC's around the world!

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
Yami_Zidane said:
How about a Dinosaur type, could be good? what dya think?

I kinda doubt that would fly... unless it was Pterodactyl o'course...
*Insert rimshot*

Seriously, though, I think with the Dragon type, dinosaurs are already covered. Look at Aerodactyl. :( Not to mention that the Japanese word for dinosaur is "Gyoryuu," which means "Giant Dragon."

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
Years
isn't wind the same as flying? anyways, i like holy because that would be a good combat ot dark (like fire to grass). heh heh heh - so much killing of Umbreons.

Tvan

Boiler Up!
Years
Mudkip Madness said:
I don think they would bring repligeon into pokemon and wind is the sames flying i like woo cos sudawodo would be in dat one
have we discovered a new language?

I don't see a reason for more types, 15 should be enough to cover all the pokemon.

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
Years
True, they are a lot of types already, but I'm starting to find the old ones boring, if Nntendo expect to create a lot more Pokemon games then they're gonna need more than just new pokemon to keep the fans happy, new features like the pokemon contests on R/S.

Emerald Queen

Dragon Training Apprentice
Years
Hi, Folks!
Sorry for the absence: Real Life called and can't be ignored. As stated above, Wood and Wind are nicely covered by Grass and Flying (Wood = grass+rock in my eyes: can't recall any pokemon with that duel combo!) Rather than say Holy, call the other type Spiritual or Light: couldn't Psychic come under that heading??? :\
Having a Cosmic type would certainly classify Deoxys, Solrock and Lunatone better: perhaps Chimecho could be included. I never was really convinced by it's Psychic classification anyway ( one for a Wind type pokemon!) A Virus type also sounds good: why not make it a Plague type with moves like Infect, Contagion, Vaccine, Bitter Pill and Black Death? Bleack Death could be like Perish Song: fainting of both battling pokemon after so many turns, but with a twist: switch the affected pokemon back out, and all it's allies get infected, to faint in three turns on switch in. Switch out wouldn't reset it, either: the countdown stops at switch out and resumes with switch in... :bandit:

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2022
well good point but theirs some egyption theme coming up jarachi looks egytion and look at manuyla...that sorta counts as religion

Phoenix Riley

Going 1000 Posts!
Years
Tvan said:
have we discovered a new language?

I don't see a reason for more types, 15 should be enough to cover all the pokemon.

There are 16 Types:

Fire
Water
Grass
Poison
Dark
Phsycic (sp?)
Electric
Ice
Dragon
Flying
Ground
Rock
Fighting
Steel
Normal
Bug

See 16

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
you see there are 16 ..... jk

anyway wind would be good that way it wouldnt be affected by electricty :P not that birds would be wind type though, theyed have wind moves ....

razor

summer's sun
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 20, 2006
I'd go with a Light type instead of a Holy type. We do have Dark type Pokemon after all. And Wood type Pokemon would just be demented.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
Years
Mudkip Madness said:
There are 16 Types

Actually there are 17:
Normal
Fire
Water
Grass
Electric
Ice
Fighting
Poison
Ground
Flying
Psychic
Bug
Rock
Ghost
Dragon
Steel
Dark

Emerald Queen said:
Hi, Folks!
Grass+rock in my eyes: can't recall any pokemon with that duel combo!

What about Lileep and Cradily? They could start a new type on their own: Ancient, or Fossil. Have all the fossil ressurectees in there, plus some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back