• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holy Type Pokemon

Which of these new types would be the best?

• Holy

Votes: 48 55.8%
  • Wood

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Wind

Votes: 23 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The S

The Reverend
Years
Three types that I added to my old fangames, Holy, Crystal, and Mysterious.

Anyway, if I remember right (and I probably don't), "Dark" type was "Aku" in Japan (which means Evil), so it could be referred to as Holy in Japan and Light or something in other countries.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
Years
Hey, holy, crystal, and mysterious aren't too bad - better than a lot of the other types that have been brought up. but then again, crystal might still be too narrow. mystery could work, though, but it would be hard to fit into the type matchup list.

The S

The Reverend
Years
Well, in these fangames, Crystal was designated to Pokemon with glass or crystalline bodies/parts (mostly fanmade Pokemon). Mysterious was assigned to Pokemon like Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Chansey, Togepi, and some fanmade like Yo-So, a Pokemon that looked like a bird but was supposedly a child's imaginary friend.

And I just realized... isn't one of Ho-Oh's attacks Holy Flame or something?

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2005
Crystal wouldn't be too narrow...might start off narrow like steel did, but it would pick up quickly because it enters the area they haven't allowed ice to--inanimate. And while I don't know how it's set up in that fangame, I'd assume crystal to have an advantage over steel since diamond cuts metal.

Light would work as well in a game...finally Flash could be categorized where it belongs, and pokemon of this type would have an advantage against dark and ghost types. Not so sure what this one would be weak to though unless I'm allowed to plug crystal here.

Virtual is another great one. All of Porygon's conversion type moves could be classified as virtual. I'd figure those of this type would be weak to electric though and they'd have an advantage against other virtual types as well as steel. Best part? Immunity to normal type attacks.

Sound? Dunno about that one. Out of existent moves, I think Hyper Voice is the only one capable of doing direct damage. If such a type could exist, I'd think it would have an advantage against crystal, ice, and rock. Steel types would be resistant though.

As for my own idea...well, I'll have to get back to you on that.

Oh, and the attack is Sacred Fire I believe.

Mithos

Good luck...o.o
Years
Well, if the new type are added, the Hidden Power is screwed.
They have to re-new the HP system, which I doubt they will do.
Keep the same type, it's balanced.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
Years
Kurisutaru said:
Crystal wouldn't be too narrow...might start off narrow like steel did, but it would pick up quickly because it enters the area they haven't allowed ice to--inanimate. And while I don't know how it's set up in that fangame, I'd assume crystal to have an advantage over steel since diamond cuts metal.

Light would work as well in a game...finally Flash could be categorized where it belongs, and pokemon of this type would have an advantage against dark and ghost types. Not so sure what this one would be weak to though unless I'm allowed to plug crystal here.

Virtual is another great one. All of Porygon's conversion type moves could be classified as virtual. I'd figure those of this type would be weak to electric though and they'd have an advantage against other virtual types as well as steel. Best part? Immunity to normal type attacks.

Sound? Dunno about that one. Out of existent moves, I think Hyper Voice is the only one capable of doing direct damage. If such a type could exist, I'd think it would have an advantage against crystal, ice, and rock. Steel types would be resistant though.

As for my own idea...well, I'll have to get back to you on that.

Oh, and the attack is Sacred Fire I believe.
Yeah, you could be right about crystal, though, then might lead to the making of more "synthetic" pokemon, and they just wouldn't seem as real. It could work, though. And flash has always seemed to me like an electric attack, after were not talking about the electricity kind of light, were talking about the holy type of light. Flash wouldn't be a holy attack. I say add light, and nothing else.

HazerDrago0n

Hazed~
Years
Well, lemme put in my two cents...

Holy Type - I really like the idea of there being something like, pure. So, something light/holy might be good. I mean, one more type won't hurt... me anyway.

Wind Type - Ummm, even though it seems similar to flying, I'm not sure about this one... It's kinda a nice idea but I wouldn't want it in the games. We have flying don't we?

Wood Type - Well, this is original. I think this one isn't so bad... but Sudowoodo which I believe would fall in this category already has Rock.. which they might use as the "wood" thing. So, don't think this one would do good.

That's what I think...

Nicks

Chromeosome
Years
I think that the virus type would be very bad, because the only thype that would be good against it would be a Newtypw, vaccine, or ice type.......*cough* metroid *cough*

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
None of the poll-listed types would be good -.-;;

Wood=grass
Wind=flying
Holy=don't even TOUCH religion -.-;;

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
You know, I find it kind of funny that a "Holy" type was suggested when Pokemon's been the center of religious controversy for years (mainly because some people have found a lot of "Satanic symbolism" in it). I'd like to know what the anti-Pokemon crowd would think of such a devilish game having that in it. XD

Seriously, though, I voted for Holy, but only with the thought that it could be called the "Light" type. (After all, we've basically got our bases covered with Flying and Grass in regards to Wind and Wood, respectively. Perhaps those types could be better off renamed, but they're still there.)

Besides the thought that having a Holy type (as opposed to a Light type) would tick off a lot of people, Light really does sound fairly general. After all, not all Dark-type Pokemon are evil or give some sort of allusion to demons or beasts. (Case and point: Umbreon.) Likewise, I really don't think Pokemon that could possibly be reclassed as Light-type Pokemon (maybe the Cleffa line, for example) would all be angelic or cute and fluffy.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
I totally agree. And, light is a better type name. But even if it focused on more light-based things, like rainbows, light beams, etc it would be better.

And some moves could be re-classified, like Aura Beam, Solar Beam, etc.

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 11, 2007
New type yes, holy type no.

Religion and Pokemon = no.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2006
Dark Penguin said:
were talking about the holy type of light.
No, i'm rather sure we mean light as in illumination, such as attacks flash, solarbeam, sunny day, morning sun, moon light, luster purge, LIGHT screen, possibly reflect, and other things regarding light. This needn't bring up religious heat and such, as it isn't holy or sacred, its light, or luminous. Such combo types could include light/grass(Sunflora, anybody?), light/fire(an animated torch, prehaps?), light/dark(the new medicham!), light/rock(phospheresent material in creative shapes) , ect. It could be strong offensifly against dark and ghost and perhaps so far as fighting, defensivly weak to dark(like a ghost verses a ghost, you dish out, they dish out.)and say... Ground(blocks light)... or maybe ground would resist... But you get the point.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
I totally agree ^^

You had some really good ideas! Psychic should someone play into that too though...>>;

Black Lotus

AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!
Years

I voted for 'Holy' as it was the sanest option from the three. It'd be the opposite type of Dark, immune to it and Holy would be SE against Dark. Then they could whipe out the Darkness weakness to bugs or fighting, because it just sounds so absurb o.O

Plus, wind exists as Flying and wood exists as grass, we don't need sub-typeish types.

Mattokun

Haruka ga daisuki desu
Years
~ Mudkip ~ said:
I don think they would bring repligeon into pokemon and wind is the sames flying i like woo cos sudawodo would be in dat one

Actually, Sudowoodo is a rock type PRETENDING to be a tree. Therefore, it would not be wood type if that were to be a new type in D/P, which it probably won't be because like many have said,it's too much like grass. Light makes so much sense because it goes against dark. That'd be my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back