• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holy Type Pokemon

Which of these new types would be the best?

• Holy

Votes: 48 55.8%
  • Wood

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Wind

Votes: 23 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
Years
RubyMowz2 said:
I think holy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

That's spam, you know. Try to provide insight or at least some kind of thought when you submit a response, okay?

Murpheos said:
Ancient, or Fossil. Have all the fossil ressurectees in there, plus some more.

Murpheos said:
Treecko: The Wood Gecko Pokemon? It seems as though there already is a wood type, but it could happen.

I always thought of those concepts as the Pokemon's class rather than its type. I look at it this way: A Pokemon's type determines which attacks give it a STAB (same type attack bonus) and which ones it is weak or immune to. A pokemon's class is more or less a flavor text or short description of that pokemon's niche in the wild. Consider this: Treecko is a grass type, so it benefits from STAB on grass moves. It is resistant to water, electricity, etc. and is weak against fire, ice, etc. But it is of class wood gecko, so that tells us a little bit about what its habitat might be, and what role it plays in that habitat. Anyway, that's how I look at it. I hope I'm making sense. ^_^;

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Eire
  • Seen Apr 4, 2011
I say light not holy. light would be very affect against dark and ghost, but if there is a new type such as light, it should have less pokemon then the other groups ans these pokemon would be strong.

tamayo

Battle Frontier Master
Years
I believe that there already is a new type: ???.

Has anyone ever wondered why they would call Curse that? I mean, other than it's a wierd attack.
IDK... if that was a type there would be alot of pokemon in it such as:
Ditto, Unown, Eevee (That's always been a big question), Gulpin (Why not?), and Togepi (In my opinion, it's creepy enough...).
Well that about covers what I think (Not that I think...) :bandit:

mizu-dragon

Head of the Strategist League
Years
Well, in a new game it would have more. Everyone knows that the attack Bite went from Normal to Dark, right? Well, why couldn't a Pok?mon change/add type(s)?
Virtual Pok?mon would be a very interesting group, probably able to hack into computers etc. It's good potential.

QFred

Behold...
Years
Virtual: Conersion, Conversion 2, Sharpen, *Hack, Spyware*

Sound is also very suitable, but only for wording dual with Normal.
Candidates: Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud
Attacks: Growl, Screech, Sonicboom, Sing, Grasswhistle (even if the name..), Hyper Voice, Perish Song, Roar, Supersonic, etc..

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
Years
i don't like sound because its WAY to narrow and then what would cross breeds like voltorb be - half electric half sound, or half electric half normal (sound=sonicboom and screech, and normal=tackle, selfdestruct, explode)

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
Years
Light instead of Holy, definately. Ive thought wood should be a type though. Shiftry could fit, not Sudowoodo bcoz he is a rock pretending to be a tree. Pineco could possibly fit it aswell. More when I think of them.

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 5, 2008
I'll go for holy. XD But yeah, they'd probably have light rather than holy >< Although holy sounds more powerful XD
Also, wouldn't wind be the same as flying? O.o And Wood be similar to grass?

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
Wood=grass
Wind=flying

Holy? I think Light is better too... make it too religious and parents will start bashng Pokemon like when Dark came out. I think Sound type is quite good.

tamayo

Battle Frontier Master
Years
another thing that they could do is create a BABY type... wait, that just sounds funny... well, id go for light and maybe have them create ??? type. just remember, NINTENDO, GAMEFREAK, and CREATURES never listen to suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back