• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Homestuck Club

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I thought Hiveswap was still supposed to be Homestuck 2, lol.

I bought my Comic Con tickets though so if you want me to ask What Pumpkin (who iirc should have a booth there this year!) in October let me know. :p

Cid

Years
Will edit this post for the join thingies later! Thanks for sharing more Homestuck music
Rika I will listen to it and the stuff you sent at #random yesterday <3

Hi Fairy!

Edit:
https://imgur.com/a/se47T8i

Username: Cid
Derse / Prospit: Prospit
Sign: Lerist
Class & Aspect: Rogue of Time

I get Light, Heart, and Time in the Aspect quiz. Which makes sense; I find a lot of things in common with Rose, Dirk, and Dave, personality-wise, especially irl. My favorite of the ones I got is Time though, so Dave it is. 🕜🕰️⏰⌚⏳

I definitely resonate with my Prospit result. And I pick Rogue because Roxy is best character.

Lerist is interesting. I like being born into the Olive sign. I was expecting, being born into the cusp between Cancer and Leo, to have like a mix of the two. Like a Lecer or something. So Lerist is a nice surprise. Guess that means July 23 births being Cancer-Leo hybrids is bogus haha

Edit2:

I thought Hiveswap was still supposed to be Homestuck 2, lol.

I bought my Comic Con tickets though so if you want me to ask What Pumpkin (who iirc should have a booth there this year!) in October let me know. :p

Homestuck 2 is going to be about
Spoiler:
So no, not Hiveswap haha.

And do ask What Pumpkin if you can! I'd love to know when it'll come out as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Welcome to the club! I'll add all your information in a hot minute. :)
Lerist is interesting. I like being born into the Olive sign. I was expecting, being born into the cusp between Cancer and Leo, to have like a mix of the two. Like a Lecer or something. So Lerist is a nice surprise. Guess that means July 23 births being Cancer-Leo hybrids is bogus haha
I felt very similarly about myself! I'm cusp-y with Libra and Scorpio so I assumed I'd test as a hybrid too, haha.

Cid

Years
Welcome to the club! I'll add all your information in a hot minute. :)

I felt very similarly about myself! I'm cusp-y with Libra and Scorpio so I assumed I'd test as a hybrid too, haha.

Thanks!

On that note, I guess we can extrapolate what the kids' signs are in the extended zodiac.
John (April 13) = Arus - (Prospit + Breath)
Rose (December 4) = Sagipia - (Derse + Light)
Jade (December 1) = Sagigo - (Prospit + Space)
Dave (December 3) = Sagiries - (Derse + Time)

Jane (April 13) = Arsci - (Prospit + Life)
Roxy (December 4) = Sagittarius - (Derse + Void)
Jake (December 1) = Saginius - (Prospit + Hope)
Dirk (December 3) = Sagio - (Derse + Heart)

I find it funny that Roxy is straight-up Sagittarius like Equius. I didn't expect that. Their personalities are nothing alike. :'D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
just goes to show that astrology is bs :D

I forgot that I was a Maid of Breath here. But that sounds awesome tbh.

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Well I definitely should get my ass in here, though for reasons I'll detail in a moment (after the sign up) I need help cause I'm MEGA behind.

Username: Circuit
Sign: Aquanius
Class & Aspect: Rogue of Hope

And now on to my question. So basically, after Homestuck ended I kinda fell out of touch with what was going on, and now after re-reading it again, I've found there's suddenly a BUNCH of new stuff around and I'm kinda lost on where I should begin, or what even I should be looking for to engage with. Like, I know of things like Hiveswap, but I also heard there was like a short novel released and stuff too. I wanna read/play it all, so can someone like, point where I'm going? Lmao this sounds super dumb but seriously, I'm at a loss here ^^"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well I definitely should get my ass in here, though for reasons I'll detail in a moment (after the sign up) I need help cause I'm MEGA behind.

Username: Circuit
Sign: Aquanius
Class & Aspect: Rogue of Hope

And now on to my question. So basically, after Homestuck ended I kinda fell out of touch with what was going on, and now after re-reading it again, I've found there's suddenly a BUNCH of new stuff around and I'm kinda lost on where I should begin, or what even I should be looking for to engage with. Like, I know of things like Hiveswap, but I also heard there was like a short novel released and stuff too. I wanna read/play it all, so can someone like, point where I'm going? Lmao this sounds super dumb but seriously, I'm at a loss here ^^"
AIDEEEEEEN i knew you were not gone forever!!

Hiveswap is totally extra and not necessary for the Homestuck experience. It's a pretty cute point and click game though, and there's an additional game called Friendsim related to that which I haven't even tried yet.

However, I thoroughly recommend you go and read the not at all short novel that was quite recently published online - it's huuuuuge really. We call it "Meat & Candy" but its official name is The Homestuck Epilogues. It's holy fucking shit epic and much more gritty than Homestuck ever was, and includes all of the old characters and some new. go GO GO read it, let it take hours or days or a week, however much time you need, and then come back and vent here :>

Basically the epilogue starts off a certain way, and then it splits into two paths and you have to choose which one to read first, but eventually you will read both. I went with Meat first, but I kind of feel like maybe the effect would have been more profound if I had gone with Candy first! Up to you.

https://www.homestuck.com/epilogues (click > Start first, meat and candy are the second part)

Circuit

Years
AIDEEEEEEN i knew you were not gone forever!!

Hiveswap is totally extra and not necessary for the Homestuck experience. It's a pretty cute point and click game though, and there's an additional game called Friendsim related to that which I haven't even tried yet.

However, I thoroughly recommend you go and read the not at all short novel that was quite recently published online - it's huuuuuge really. We call it "Meat & Candy" but its official name is The Homestuck Epilogues. It's holy fucking shit epic and much more gritty than Homestuck ever was, and includes all of the old characters and some new. go GO GO read it, let it take hours or days or a week, however much time you need, and then come back and vent here :>

Basically the epilogue starts off a certain way, and then it splits into two paths and you have to choose which one to read first, but eventually you will read both. I went with Meat first, but I kind of feel like maybe the effect would have been more profound if I had gone with Candy first! Up to you.

https://www.homestuck.com/epilogues (click > Start first, meat and candy are the second part)

Haha, no I just needed a break I think. I realised after saying some stuff I really regret that I needed to peace for a while, and see how things turned out ^^" Safe to say, I'm in a better place now and wanna make amends for some previous behaviour :P

And thanks for the pointer! I shall go read that asap. I get a bunch of free time at work so I can hopefully read through it pretty quick :3 (Don't tell my boss pls, I need this job) What would you recommend to me for the best experience tho, meat or candy first?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Haha, no I just needed a break I think. I realised after saying some stuff I really regret that I needed to peace for a while, and see how things turned out ^^" Safe to say, I'm in a better place now and wanna make amends for some previous behaviour :P

And thanks for the pointer! I shall go read that asap. I get a bunch of free time at work so I can hopefully read through it pretty quick :3 (Don't tell my boss pls, I need this job) What would you recommend to me for the best experience tho, meat or candy first?
Well like I said, I kinda wish in a way I'd gone with Candy first so I think I'd recommend that BUT read the first part of the prologue yourself and see what you think :3

Circuit

Years
Well like I said, I kinda wish in a way I'd gone with Candy first so I think I'd recommend that BUT read the first part of the prologue yourself and see what you think :3

Aight I'll do that, thankee kindly ma'am :3

Cid

Years
Hey there, Aidan! Come back here when you're done! I'd love to hear what you think about the epilogues, haha. I definitely regretted reading Meat first. What I did was read Meat up until a character in Meat
Spoiler:
so after reading all of Candy I came back to where I left off in Meat. If I find the time to read it all over again I'll read Candy first.

In any case, the epilogues gave us more of the characters we grew to love than we ever thought we needed. And the things that happened to them were certainly not what I expected to happen to them after Homestuck ended. It gets very twisty.

Cid

Years
Speaking of Hussie, what's he been up to? I honestly don't know the future of Homestuck at the moment.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
First and foremost, I bet he's trying to live as a normal human being and part-time business man for What Pumpkin. Art and writing have most likely taken a back seat over the last year since he seemed to be less and less involved in HiveSwap with his fantastic new crew of devs. We know the Epilogue and Hauntswitch are going to be a thing, but I'd imagine he'll take his time with that.

Personally, I hope he's just recharging his creative batteries, making some money from his projects, and low key planning for the future. :')

Cid

Years
First and foremost, I bet he's trying to live as a normal human being and part-time business man for What Pumpkin. Art and writing have most likely taken a back seat over the last year since he seemed to be less and less involved in HiveSwap with his fantastic new crew of devs. We know the Epilogue and Hauntswitch are going to be a thing, but I'd imagine he'll take his time with that.

Personally, I hope he's just recharging his creative batteries, making some money from his projects, and low key planning for the future. :')

The Epilogue? :o

But yeah, I suppose so. It makes me sad to say this but I wouldn't be surprised if Hussie's done with Homestuck creatively for the most part. I feel like his co-author(s?) would write the Homestuck sequel about
Spoiler:
if such a sequel ever comes to fruition.

I still am looking forward to whatever comes next, though! For now I am content with other non-Homestuck things in life.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I FINALLY read the epilogue! Cranked it out over the past four days or so. It's no *original* Homestuck, but it was an entertaining read nonetheless. :)

That candy timeline was a fuckin trip tho.

Cid

Years
I FINALLY read the epilogue! Cranked it out over the past four days or so. It's no *original* Homestuck, but it was an entertaining read nonetheless. :)

That candy timeline was a fuckin trip tho.

Congrats! Aa, now I wish my friends irl had the time to read it in full, too. I read it Meat -> Candy -> Meat but going Candy -> Meat is a lot better, I think. I loved how Candy showed so much time passing; it felt like we were getting the main characters' entire lives played out, despite how warped everything was.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ah, I did the Meat > Candy timeline too, but I've get to go back and reread Meat. Planning on it though since Candy brought a lot into the narrative!

Spoilers:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Passive Bard sounds about right. She can just be pretty bad at conforming to her role, the role she's "meant to have", and end up being a villain instead.

Back