• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Honey, or using your head?

What way did you prefer to use to get Pokemon via trees?

• Honey!

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Headbutting!

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • YOU'RE KILLING THE TREESSSS

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Basically - what method of getting Pokemon from trees in these games did you prefer? Did you like slathering honey upon a tree and coming back a day later to find a Pokemon eating away at it, or did you rather make your Pokemon slam their head against a tree to make a Pokemon fall out if you were lucky, provided they knew a certain move?

Personally - headbutting trees was the way for me. I disliked the waiting a entire day for another boring Combee, provided I remembered to check it again in time. =(

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I tend to use Headbutt way more than I use Honey. Honey annoys me, it takes too long to come into effect, whereas with headbutting it's pretty much instant. Plus, headbutting doesn't cost anything, you have to buy Honey.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Using Headbutt was a lot better than using Honey. \; At least with Headbutt you could find a Pokemon instantly, with Honey you had to wait 12 hours (Or was it 24? ;-;) I'm pretty sure you couldn't even manipulate the clock either.

Years
  • I liked Honey a lot more, I never seemed to find anything of worth via headbutt, at least I managed to get all of the Honey Tree exclusive Pokemon, barr Munchlax via the Honey Method, even if it took longer, it was always more successful than Headbutting Trees.

Years
  • I prefer to use headbutt because is easier to find the pokemon that you want and you don't have to wait 12 hours to had a chance to capture it, but the pokemons in the honey trees are exclusives and can only be captured this way.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • As much as I hate DPPt, I'm going to have to go with honey on this one. If we were talking about Generation II's headbutt mechanics, then headbutt would win easily, but HGSS headbutt mechanics really suck. I don't like having to to headbutt like 30 trees just to find one Pokémon. I'd rather be able to put some honey on and then come back 12 hours later to try my luck. It actually saves more time to use honey than headbutting.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • As much as I hate DPPt, I'm going to have to go with honey on this one. If we were talking about Generation II's headbutt mechanics, then headbutt would win easily, but HGSS headbutt mechanics really suck. I don't like having to to headbutt like 30 trees just to find one Pokémon. I'd rather be able to put some honey on and then come back 12 hours later to try my luck. It actually saves more time to use honey than headbutting.
    yeh i do agree about the 2nd gen one being alot better, but i really liked how there were specific trees in hgss that had a i think 3rd gen pokemon. honey isn't too bad, but yeh headbutting for me, as much how cruel it may seem...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I always forget where and when I actually put honey on trees, so like um yeah, headbutting is the way to go for me. :c

Juzey

I love Shaymin!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    Like loads of people have said, headbutting, because it's instant, so you can't forget that you put honey on that tree

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Tough call, but headbutting for me by a slim margin. Mainly because it's immediate. However, with the honey, you're guaranteed results after waiting the required 12 hours (as opposed to headbutting 20 trees and not coming up with anything), and you can soft reset once you find a species you want in order to get a preferable gender, nature, and/or IV's (again, not an option with headbutting).

The problem with Honey for me is, I often forget about going back to check the tree and it ends up just going to waste. I think that alone makes headbutting the (slightly) preferable choice for me.

Years
  • I always forget to go back and look at where I put the honey on a tree, so I prefer headbutting. Even then, I don't use it that much, but I'd rather find something right way then wait a day for it.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • I like using my head- or rather my pokemon's head. its just so annoying to slather honey -or buy honey and then put it on a tree, what a waste of honey- and then forget about it the next day. At least with headbutting it happens instantly.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Headbutting, because at least then you don't have to wait several hours for the Pokemon to show up! Sweet Honey was so bad in comparison that I hardly ever bothered with it.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    Headbutting, no contest. I have very little patience, so waiting for a day just to get one pokemon seems like a dumb idea to me. In the time it takes to get 1 pokemon from a honey tree I could get several interesting pokemon from headbutting.

Back