• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM Feb. 2011] Pokémon Grey [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
Years
  • Looking at your over world, I have noticed that it is and heavily edited version of: Pokemon Sienna's hero.
    I have informed Manipulation about this, and you should remove the screenshots, fairly sharpish.
    I'm doing this as Manipulation has a broken his finger.
    Thanks.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years
  • Looking at your over world, I have noticed that it is and heavily edited version of: Pokemon Sienna's hero.
    I have informed Manipulation about this, and you should remove the screenshots, fairly sharpish.
    Thanks.

If there is one thing I hate above all things in the Rom Hacking universe it is people that claim something that is an absolute LIE!

If you actually have eyes, which I doubt you do, you would blatently see it look's nothing like Sienna's Overworld!
    Also if you looked closer you may even notice it is actually a heavy edit of the Original FIRERED Overworld. (Which comes with the Rom).
    My Overworld is the Firered Hero with a different hairstyle and a different Palette. The last time I checked that's what most hero Overworlds are based on.

prooflew.png

Well fancy that? Doesn't it look like an edit of Firered Hero upon closer inspection!

You should actually make sure you have proof before you try to mini-mod for Manipulation!
    You should also not slander my work off to other people and claim it was stolen. E.G. Kid nino!

The screenshots look AMAZING. Very nicely done, I can't wait to get home and download this.

I'm a sucker for story lines that go past the basic story of trying to be the champion and go into the person's back story. Like I believe you've done with the flash backs. :D (Gray screenshot)

And Ben, isn't it that if it's heavily edited then it wouldn't look that similar. If it does, couldn't it be that he just came up with a similar design? o.o;

I'm afraid your going to have to wait a bit for a download.
    It's coming soon, I promise.
    I think a Pokémon Hack works with almost any story, so you shouldn't be worried to try something new. :)

Last edited:

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • Hey [it me cross]
    I just notice your overworld was an edit.
    I can't wait to test this soon, I promise you a bug free hack.
    Well every ten of are.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years
  • Hey [it me cross]
    I just notice your overworld was an edit.
    I can't wait to test this soon, I promise you a bug free hack.
    Well every ten of are.

Yep it's a very good edit of the FireRed Hero too. :)
    I looked at the D/P/Pt rich boy overworld's hair to help me sprite the style.

There has been some delays with the hack, as I'm letting Ray Maverick edit my maps!
    He's done a fantastic job if I say so myself. :)

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • Yep it's a very good edit of the FireRed Hero too. :)

There has been some delays with the hack, as I'm letting Ray Maverick edit my maps!
    So you have decide to let him map huh,Then the quality of your hack has just increased yet again,plus with his natural mapping style,this gonna look awesome..
    off-topic: Ray,if you're reading this,im gonna surpassed you in mapping one of these days,grab that..hahax

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Looking at your over world, I have noticed that it is and heavily edited version of: Pokemon Sienna's hero.
    Thanks.

Ben, you mindless puppet.

If there is one thing I hate above all things in the Rom Hacking universe it is people that claim something that is an absolute LIE!

If you actually have eyes, which I doubt you do, you would blatently see it look's nothing like Sienna's Overworld!
    Also if you looked closer you may even notice it is actually a heavy edit of the Original FIRERED Overworld. (Which comes with the Rom).
    My Overworld is the Firered Hero with a different hairstyle and a different Palette. The last time I checked that's what most hero Overworlds are based on.

prooflew.png

Well fancy that? Doesn't it look like an edit of Firered Hero upon closer inspection!

You should actually make sure you have proof before you try to mini-mod for Manipulation!
    You should also not slander my work off to other people and claim it was stolen. E.G. Kid nino!

I'm afraid your going to have to wait a bit for a download.
    It's coming soon, I promise.
    I think a Pokémon Hack works with almost any story, so you shouldn't be worried to try something new. :)

Well as both of the o/ws seem like eachother, it seems like both were edits of the FR one (at least the pants/shoes), so they are kinda the same, but you can't blame him for that.

Yep it's a very good edit of the FireRed Hero too. :)

Thanks mate ;)
    Just say mapping is done. I mapped that thing in one hour.
    (Also fixed some palettes and tiles, added some new tiles and made thousands of new blocks XD)

They kinda seem like DPPl sprite recolours imo..

So you have decide to let him map huh,Then the quality of your hack has just increased yet again,plus with his natural mapping style,this gonna look awesome..
    off-topic: Ray,if you're reading this,im gonna surpassed you in mapping one of these days,grab that..hahax

Yeah, too right for the quality thing. I hope owner agrees :D

And we'll see that! (I can help you with a thing or two)

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years
  • Wow, Astar, that is the best boot screen I've ever seen in a hack.
    Great work :)

Thank you, I'd just let to say that that is all my own work too!

News:

As some of you may know, I've been accused by Ben. as stealing and heavily editing the Pokémon Sienna Overworld.

I am here to show my defence and prove that his accusation is an absolute lie.

The image below is the first image I made when making my overworld. (So it's a Prototype).

customtrainer.png

This image clearly shows all the components I used to make my overworld.
    The Palette is from my fusion Trainer Sprite.
    The hairstyle is from the Rich Boy Overworld.
    And the base is based of the FIRERED Overworld.

As you can see, there is NO Pokémon Sienna Overworld in there.
    If you still don't believe me after this proof then please will you NEVER post in my thread, play my Hack, or talk to me.

Job done, Trainer Grey is staying! :D

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • Thank you, I'd just let to say that that is all my own work too!

News:

As some of you may know, I've been accused by Ben. as stealing and heavily editing the Pokémon Sienna Overworld.

I am here to show my defence and prove that his accusation is an absolute lie.

The image below is the first image I made when making my overworld. (So it's a Prototype).

customtrainer.png

This image clearly shows all the components I used to make my overworld.
    The Palette is from my fusion Trainer Sprite.
    The hairstyle is from the Rich Boy Overworld.
    And the base is based of the FIRERED Overworld.

As you can see, there is NO Pokémon Sienna Overworld in there.
    If you still don't believe me after this proof then please will you NEVER post in my thread, play my Hack, or talk to me.

Job done, Trainer Grey is staying! :D
    hahax,a great defence there,good alibi to boot your o/w..lol
    Trainer grey will be staying,hahax,
    What if i put is name ace,then it will be trainer ace will be staying rite?..lol,a stupid joke.
    anyway,can't wait to see more screenshots and updates,and can't wait to beta test it..

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Holy crap. This is one of the best progressing hacks I've ever seen!
    I really can't wait to play it, it looks so promising. :D

If you ever need any help (Which I'll doubt you'll do), send me a PM or VM and I'll try to help you out. :)

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years
  • Holy crap. This is one of the best progressing hacks I've ever seen!
    I really can't wait to play it, it looks so promising. :D

If you ever need any help (Which I'll doubt you'll do), send me a PM or VM and I'll try to help you out. :)

Currently I have no need for any more help, but thank you for offering.

Update:

I bring you the newly mapped Thornhill Cove:

Spoiler:

I know there are some palette and tile errors which are going to be fixed.
    I'm just waiting for the patch off Ray Maverick. :)

The map is a big improvement from what it use to be:

Spoiler:

I apologise for the grid...

Anyway in other news, I haven proven that my Overworld is my own, so the matter shall be laid to rest.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • Currently I have no need for any more help, but thank you for offering.

Update:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Anyway in other news, I haven proven that my Overworld is my own, so the matter shall be laid to rest.
    I told ya,ray is one good mapper isn't he..he can turn a normal map into a nice looking map.hahax

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
    Years
  • Wow, there is really nothing that can be done to make this map even better! Love the little cove with the cave. Maybe, A rocksmash Pokemon on the beach?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Currently I have no need for any more help, but thank you for offering.
    Update:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And dude, this is the old version of the map, I'm afraid. When you were away, after I sent the mapshot to you, I took the liberty of making some other tiles/pals: the shading between the trees, FR style. Mapping will be a little more difficult, and you need to get used to my blocks, but it's definitely worth it.

(also, add yourself on the team, people would think you're doing nothing for the hack XD)

Wow, there is really nothing that can be done to make this map even better! Love the little cove with the cave. Maybe, A rocksmash Pokemon on the beach?

Nope, I disagree. Check this thread later to see the improved version of the map I made. ;)

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years
  • After a very slow Rom Hacking weekend, I bring you updates!
    I have some screenshots of the begining script where the Player is introduced to Professor Cedar.
    I've also have a random screenshot of Grey admiring the view...

Spoiler:

As some of you may have noticed the maps & palettes have been changed due to Ray Maverick joining the team.
    I'm personally a hugh fan of his work so I hope you like it too.

Things to do:

- I currently waiting for some requests to be completed by certain members.
    - I'm in the middle of spriting a new evil team! They are a Mafia styled team...

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • After a very slow Rom Hacking weekend, I bring you updates!
    I have some screenshots of the begining script where the Player is introduced to Professor Cedar.

Spoiler:

As some of you may have noticed the maps & palettes have been changed due to Ray Maverick joining the team.

Things to do:

- I'm in the middle of spriting a new evil team! They are a Mafia styled team...
    Finally an update..hahax..after a long while without this kind of update.I love the palletes and the maps.So scripting done huh,can't wait to see the new evil team..hahax

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    After a very slow Rom Hacking weekend, I bring you updates!

Spoiler:

Things to do:

Nice stuff man. I like your scripting. But what about the new maps and blocks I made? It's kinda dangerous to transfer them.

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
    Years

• Nice stuff man. I like your scripting. But what about the new maps and blocks I made? It's kinda dangerous to transfer them.

I wouldn't worry about it.
    I have plenty of back ups and if an error does happen I can just re-add all the stuff to a new rom.
    The 3rd house is Thornhill cove belongs to a mysterious character named Ray. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back