• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2020
    You could use a shovel to get under the rock , or you could use the dead marowaks bone to whack the rock along .

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • Wait a minute, that's when I have a new idea.

Maybe you can use Sound Waves to push the Boulders aside?
    I don't know what will that item will be though. Maybe it's just
    a new invention which Team Rocket invented which is a Sound Wave
    Megaphone which allows you to push boulders aside using the power of Sound Waves.
    (That would be 2 Key items. First one will be the Headphones so you won't hear the Sound
    Waves and the other will be the one I mentioned above.)

Or an Item that only attracts Boulders so it's a Rock Type "Magnet"?
    Maybe it's just another Team Rocket invention.

That's all I can think of. I hope they are better than Westrmistr's.
    Well, it wouldn't really work to have 2 key items, where one doesn't even do anything. If anything, they could be combined into one item, but at that it wouldn't work. Although sound waves can be powerful, they probably wouldn't be powerful enough to move a 1000 lbs. boulder.

Also, ckret already mentioned that magnets won't work. She listed the only types of minerals with metallic/magnetic properties, and we're presuming the boulders in Pokemon aren't one of them.

Good suggestions, though.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • Has anyone suggested a lever...?

It's a bit on the low-tech side but its small and can do the job.

EDIT: Or a crowbar.
    We considered a crowbar, but you'd need a pretty hefty souped-up crowbar, and we can't really think of a way to pimp it out.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    for rock smash, some kind of pick ax maybe? an upgrade for the machete? or maybe the boulder could just be a bunch of geodudes or something that you have to beat lol

for strength maybe have some sticks or bars or something u know like the egyptians used to move rocks and stuff for the pyramids, to put under? if nobody gets what im saying, its something round to put under the boulder so you can push it real easy

Last edited:

DaVici

DeEmpo
    Years
  • @agel: You're meaning rock smash right? Strength is the one that allows to move something XD

For strength: maybe you could use a item called "super secret censored thingy" (or something like that) and nobody ever knows what it does to the stone so you can move it?

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2011
    how far does this version go? After the tower, they said the base would have someone to fight, but there isn't anything. Am I missing something, or is that all there is right now?

also, love the machete instead of cut. Although, I'll miss Strength and Surf(the moves, not the uses). They had good attack power

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • Wow, this is really awesome. It's the game I've always wanted to play. You've done a great job trying to completely reinvent the game, rather than simply redecorating it. Major props are deserved for that.

Playing through the Alpha, I felt like the Pokemon Tower was a bit on the low level side, though. I mean, my Pokemon were already Levels 14-16, and the big boss is Level 11? Given how much experience you made available through those trainers, maybe the levels in the Tower could go up a little bit?

Anyway, I definitely like what I see, and it seems like you have a lot of plot related stuff planned out, which is excellent. I look forward to more happening with this project.

Thanks so much, glad you like it so far! :D And level 14-16? Hmm... hadn't expected that. Well, some of the early trainers are going to be made a bit weaker (like one trainer with four Pokémon, and one trainer who's accidentally got a Muk), so that should reduce the amount of experience you get. But I'll consider raising its level a bit. I don't want the levels to shoot up too fast over the progress of the game, since it's going to be going through Kanto and then through Johto and then back to Kanto again; if it goes too fast, I could end up with a situation like the opponents getting pushed up to level 100 halfway through Johto. Which wouldn't be good.

DaVici

DeEmpo
    Years
  • First of all, I want to say that I love the whole rocket-concept, and that you're relisating all really good (after I played the Alpha) I hope you go on with the good work.

Secondary a suggestion about the levels: maybe you could raise the amount of experience before level-up? So, instead of having a rattata gain another level at 300 experience at 500, and instead of 600, 1000?
    That way, It should take longer to reach level 100, wich means you can include more :3.

ckret2

Years
  • For strenght what about a car jack, you could put it under the boulder and use it to lift it up at one side so you could roll it over.

Perhaps... it'd be a kinda boring item (and I'd have to come up with a reason for there to be car jacks in a world where cars don't seem to exist; in the games, the only motorized vehicles we see are motorcycles, boats, and mass transportation like trains or that cable car in Hoenn), but it could work if there isn't another solution.

Maybe you can use Sound Waves to push the Boulders aside?
    I don't know what will that item will be though. Maybe it's just
    a new invention which Team Rocket invented which is a Sound Wave
    Megaphone which allows you to push boulders aside using the power of Sound Waves.
    (That would be 2 Key items. First one will be the Headphones so you won't hear the Sound
    Waves and the other will be the one I mentioned above.)

Hey... that's not bad. In Johto, Team Rocket already uses some kind of sound waves or radio waves of certain frequencies to force-evolve Magikarp, and the PokéToaster is going to be based on that technology by using radio waves so intense that they force an evolution of a Pokémon. So we know Team Rocket is already doing some pretty advanced things based on the energy produced by very powerful sound/radio waves. A kind of contained, directed sonicboom that can even force back large rocks... That could work.

Of course, if it could do that to rocks, a good Rocket would want to use it to do that to any other blockade, as well. They'd probably try to use it against police officers to send them flying. :P I'll see if I can't come up with some other scripts that a sound-based weapon could be used for, since a Key Item with power like that should be practical for more than just moving some rocks.

Don't think it should stay a megaphone shape (since it's not like you'll be yelling into the machine yourself), but the concept behind the item is workable. And you don't even need two Key Items. There can be something like "complimentary earplugs included" in the description of the key item and that'd be taken care of. Needing two Key Items to get it to work would just be extraneous, and would be a waste of a second Key Item.

Well, it wouldn't really work to have 2 key items, where one doesn't even do anything. If anything, they could be combined into one item, but at that it wouldn't work. Although sound waves can be powerful, they probably wouldn't be powerful enough to move a 1000 lbs. boulder.

Agreement on the 2 Key Items issue, but I think the sound wave idea has potential. True, moving a half-ton boulder WOULD take a lot of energy, but considering how much energy it must take to force a Magikarp to evolve into a Gyarados if it isn't good and ready to evolve... Team Rocket's already got the ability to do some epic things with sound/radio waves. And maybe secondary explanations can be put in; perhaps the Strength boulders so commonly seen are actually some kind of pumice, so they look really heavy but are actually a lot lighter--not light enough for you to push around yourself, but light enough for some powerful sound waves to push? Or perhaps it could be explained that the rocks (since they look so perfectly round in-game) and the patches of ground they sit on have been heavily polished and smoothed by tons of Trainers and wild Pokémon forcing them back and forth as they go around, which would reduce friction and make it a lot easier to move the boulder even if it's heavy.

The exact logistics would have to be worked on; but a machine based on sound or radio waves already has some basis in canon, and will have some similarities to the machines they use at the Lake of Rage and for the PokéToaster, in the source of its power (sound/radio waves) if not in its function (evolution vs. Strength).

how far does this version go? After the tower, they said the base would have someone to fight, but there isn't anything. Am I missing something, or is that all there is right now?

also, love the machete instead of cut. Although, I'll miss Strength and Surf(the moves, not the uses). They had good attack power

Yep, that's where it stops, after you get the machete. In the next alpha, there'll be someone to battle.

I think I'll keep those HMs available in the game, so that you can use them if you really want. I personally like Surf when I have a Water-type on my team, but when I don't it's just a nuisance to have to haul along my level 8 Psyduck to use it. (... It's always a Psyduck with me. Dunno why.) That way, you can keep using the HM moves in battle if you want to, but you won't have to have an HM slave on your team to use the move. Unfortunately, they'll still probably have the must-visit-move-deleter-to-remove-HMs rule attached to them, because that's just in the game's code, but that shouldn't be quite as burdensome, since now you won't have to teach a Pokémon an HM move unless you actually want them to know it.

Since the scripts on all Cut trees and Rock Smash/Strength rocks will be changed, it'll be impossible to use the HM moves on them, so there won't be a possibility of you learning Rock Smash before you're supposed to get your Jackhammer and messing up the order of the game. Even if you learned one of those moves, it wouldn't work on the rock/tree, so there's no issue there anymore. The exception is Surf, which I think can't be prevented from working on any body of water if the raft's going to work on it. I'll just make sure that either you can't get Surf or you can't trigger Fuchsia badge's flag before you get the raft. And then worry later about the fact that when you Surf on a Pokémon it'll look like you're riding the raft, heh. Maybe I can just make a new move that has the name and in-battle function of Surf but not the OW ability to Surf.

But Surf, Strength, Cut, and Waterfall, I hope to keep in the game in some form. (I doubt anybody will miss Flash or Rock Smash. I'm still debating what to do with Fly.)

First of all, I want to say that I love the whole rocket-concept, and that you're relisating all really good (after I played the Alpha) I hope you go on with the good work.

Secondary a suggestion about the levels: maybe you could raise the amount of experience before level-up? So, instead of having a rattata gain another level at 300 experience at 500, and instead of 600, 1000?
    That way, It should take longer to reach level 100, wich means you can include more :3.

That's a good idea. Since Rattata is usually a wimpy Pokémon, that'd be why everyone can get it to level up so fast; but since it's the starter, it'd make sense for it to take longer to level-up. That wouldn't be too much of a modification of the way the Pokémon functions, it'd be justifiable. (Plus, it can be justified in-game: some Pokémon that other trainers find really easy to train just don't flourish under the brutal treatment that Rockets usually give their Pokémon, which would explain why they'd take longer to level up.) Thanks for the suggestion!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Turns out the boulders are paper mache, so they can be moved easily?
    Nah, that would be kind of weird.
    Maybe for Fly, if you can't decide, more rooms in the Rocket place, each with a warp panel to a different town that unlock after you accomplish certain missions or something in the storyline?
    Eh, I'm not very good at suggesting things, I suppose.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Maybe for Fly, if you can't decide, more rooms in the Rocket place, each with a warp panel to a different town that unlock after you accomplish certain missions or something in the storyline?

That's a cool idea.

And ckret 2, I know you want to keep Strength in the game. But if you can't find a logical way for the Key item to work, go with something funny, made up, ect. And if you don't want to do that, just drop Strength all together. I mean that's what I would do. I would jump at a chance to make a Key item like yours something funny. "Hey, look! I have a Magikarp sub! Huhuhuh!" Just go with what you think is best.

But, one more go at Strength.

1. It could be something that Team Rocket has invented, like suggested before. It could be a small machine that makes sound/radio waves. Step 2, captures the sound/radio waves. Step 3, compreses the waves of sound/radio. Step 4, blasts the boulder with a powerful burst of energy. And since it's small, it could only push it so far. (One tile) Of course.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2011
    why not make the surf allowing flag the same thing as getting a raft? and as for fly, I doubt people would mind 1or 2 HMs.

either way, do whatever works

ckret2

Years
  • Turns out the boulders are paper mache, so they can be moved easily?
    Nah, that would be kind of weird.
    Maybe for Fly, if you can't decide, more rooms in the Rocket place, each with a warp panel to a different town that unlock after you accomplish certain missions or something in the storyline?
    Eh, I'm not very good at suggesting things, I suppose.

If the boulders weigh the same as paper mache, wouldn't you be able to push them around yourself?

By "I can't decide" I mean "I haven't decided whether I even want to include Fly yet," not "I haven't decided if I should use Fly or a replacement." Fly isn't exactly necessary to the game, and for plot-related reasons yet to be disclosed, it wouldn't be until well over halfway through Kanto that you'd be allowed to receive Fly even if I did decide to include it in the game. Then the fact that for the second half of the game you start in time-skip Johto, and being able to Fly might mean you could Fly back to the Kanto three years in the past, which would mess things up quite a bit. So Fly (if it were included) wouldn't even be available until Johto to prevent this.

Rest assured, if I do implement a Fly replacement, I've already figured out how to do so. I've got the idea, and how to make it work.

And ckret 2, I know you want to keep Strength in the game. But if you can't find a logical way for the Key item to work, go with something funny, made up, ect. And if you don't want to do that, just drop Strength all together. I mean that's what I would do. I would jump at a chance to make a Key item like yours something funny. "Hey, look! I have a Magikarp sub! Huhuhuh!" Just go with what you think is best.

I considered dropping Strength, but since it is a part of the original games, I'm reluctant to do that unless I have to. Plus, there's a couple of particular events planned that need Strength. Yet to be disclosed. But I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going with for Strength now, as said a few posts ago.

1. It could be something that Team Rocket has invented, like suggested before. It could be a small machine that makes sound/radio waves. Step 2, captures the sound/radio waves. Step 3, compreses the waves of sound/radio. Step 4, blasts the boulder with a powerful burst of energy. And since it's small, it could only push it so far. (One tile) Of course.

Uh... isn't that pretty much the exact idea I said I was going to go with a few posts ago? :P But, yes, that is the plan.

why not make the surf allowing flag the same thing as getting a raft? and as for fly, I doubt people would mind 1or 2 HMs.

either way, do whatever works

... What difference would it make whether or not I used the same flag? And the flag allowing Surf is the Fuchsia Badge flag, which means it's going to be a "promotion" flag.

And as for Fly, it's not a matter of whether or not I can replace it, it's a matter of whether or not the concept of Fly is going to be in the game at all. If it is, I've already got a fully worked-out plan for how a replacement will be handled, and it won't be available until Johto. Regrettably, it doesn't involve a Meowth Balloon. But riding around in a Team Rocket helicopter is a pretty good consolation prize, yeah?

... Well, now that I've suggested you might get to ride in a helicopter, I guess I have to include it now, or there'll be a lot of very angry TP supporters. :P The Fly replacement is planned out, but won't be available until Johto, won't be a fully-functioning fly-absolutely-anywhere-at-any-time system (at least, not initially), and for obvious reasons, won't be something you carry around in your backpack. You'll have to talk to Helicopter Pilots to use the system, which means you'll have to go to them to use "Fly" instead of just using it wherever you are.

But hey, you get to ride around in a freaking Rocket-Copter. Way cooler than hanging onto a little Spearow for dear life. (Ever wonder why Spearow could learn Fly? How is a one-foot tall bird going to carry you across a continent?)

In other, distantly related news, Nintendo has officially announced Gold and Silver remakes: Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, due out in Japan sometime around this November and internationally sometime 2010. Epic. If ToxicPurple is still a work in progress when HG/SS makes it to the US, expect that I'll be borrowing some ideas from it. Not a lot, though; remember, this is a GBA hack, not DS. I can't include all the flashy uber-graphics and special features that the DS version will have. But if HG/SS does more to expand the Team Rocket story the way FR/LG did with Scientist Gideon and rumors of Giovanni's son, I'll be including whatever character or plotline expansions and additions they have. I'm striving to make this a game that meshes pretty closely with canon, whatever canon that might be. (And who knows? Since this IS set in Kanto and Johto, I might do something drastic like replace the FR tileset with whatever GBA adaptations of the HG/SS tileset get made. They will become horrifically overused and cliché tilesets within a week of HG/SS's release, I'm sure, but we'll see how things go.)

I, for one, will be getting SoulSilver. I have Gold and Crystal, so in a roundabout way SoulSilver would complete my trio. :P Plus, I like its logo. Lugia as a little silver soul-fire-ball. Fwee.

Years
  • Great Game =D

I'm pretty much new to hack games, but I really enjoyed playing this! Out of the ones I've played so far, this is certainly the most original. I've always wanted to be part of Team Rocket. I would offer to help, but I've no hacking skills whatsoever xD Anyway great fun game, and hope you finish it! PS. Yay S/G remakes!

ckret2

Years
  • Random maps! Just so that you all know I'm still working...

Unfortunately, this isn't helping to make much progress towards the next alpha, because these maps are part of an area that is absolutely nowhere near where the next alpha will take you. You won't see this place for a long time. Well, you won't see it in-game for a long time, at least. You can see it here right now, isn't that nice.

First map, just a random tunnel to lead you to the second place...
    And, more importantly, the second map, which is where the REAL action will be taking place.

If you'd like, you can try to guess where they are, but it shouldn't be too hard to guess. If you'd like, you can also hypothesize on what happens in the place where they are, but I shall confirm and deny nothing. Unless it's really ridiculous, then I'll tell you that's wrong.

Before anyone says that the bed in the second map has a tile error because there's no pillow/bedframe at the top: that is because it isn't a bed. See, if it were, there would be a pillow at the top. Kinda makes sense if you think about it that way, huh?

So, how do the maps look? Personally, I think the first one looks all right. It's not very interesting, but it doesn't have to be. However, the second map feels a little uneven to me. The top right is stuffed with coolness and the rest is kinda left out, particularly the bottom left area. If ayone's got suggestions on what to do about that, I'd be happy to hear them.

Anyway, enjoy the maps (and speculating about what the heck they're going to be used for. Crucial plot stuff, that's what, but that's all you'll be getting from me.)

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    Its the abandoned mansion or somthing like that on cinabar island also i think the event might have something to do with mew or mewtwo because in the old games it had notes about mew or mewtwo

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2016
    I think the second map will be fine if you add some books and obviously trainers or at least people. That'll instantly jazz it up a bit. And if you're not wanting to add more people, you could have more stuff, for sure (like a mess of papers or maybe some closed/open books on the ground). Make it look cool/chaotic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back