• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
Later in the game will there be a mission where you can get a snorlax like an admin gives you three snorlax's tells you to block off the two routes and then go kidnap mr.fuji and lock him in the top room in the pokemon tower since he has the only pokeflute that could wake them up and you get to keep the third snorlax as a reward.

No. Both the Snorlax are already there. Why would Team Rocket want to block off access to Fuchsia? And you'll have to work harder than that to get such a rare Pokémon from an Admin for free.

Mr. Fuji isn't kidnapped, he says himself in the game that he's there of his own free will. And he is. Besides, I doubt that he's the only person in all of Kanto who happens to have a device capable of waking a Snorlax, be it a Poké Flute or anything else. He's just the one who happened to give something to wake a Snorlax to Red.

You'll get one of the sleeping Snorlax, don't worry. :P

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
Years
Very nice looking! Storyline is quite interesting ...
I'm going to try it right now... and I'm sure it will be very adventurous!

Job well done to the workers on this hack :]

Skully367

Bored...REEEEALLY bored.
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2012
Hm...I haven't been here in a long time. Nice job on getting HOTM, ckret! I might just leave here for a long time, The alpha will make a nice chirstmas present, or maybe a birthday persent? (My birthday is like...6 days before christmas, lol) Well, Bye for now.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Been a while since i posted any ideas here so anyway...

Not sure if this has been stated but how about making that person that sells magikarp a member of team rocket?

Next idea

As for selling pokemon how about selling them for $50 per level?

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2009
Hmmm so i guess since were team rocket after the actual events of the game will there also be a side quest in the sevii islands? b/c team rocket is there in firered/leafgreen

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
Hmmm so i guess since were team rocket after the actual events of the game will there also be a side quest in the sevii islands? b/c team rocket is there in firered/leafgreen
this hack follows the story of the original games not the new ones

It follows both the original AND new games, since they're both considered "canon." FR/LG is basically just an expanded version of R/B/Y anyway. I'm borrowing elements from both generations. Same goes for G/S/C and HG/SS. (Although I'm keeping Kris rather than Kotone. Not because I'd rather follow the old games than the new, but because I'm one of those semi-rabid fans who despises the fact that Kris was kicked out in favor of Kotone and shall flat-out refuse to play as Kotone when I get my copy of the game, simply on principle. :D Plus, Kris looks better. Plus-plus, the extra overworld sprite palette I inserted into the game is compatible with Jenny and Kris and not Kotone.)

However, no, you don't visit the Sevii Islands. They're still there, and events that happen on the islands will be referenced in ToxicPurple, but you yourself don't visit them.

Been a while since i posted any ideas here so anyway...

Not sure if this has been stated but how about making that person that sells magikarp a member of team rocket?

Next idea

As for selling pokemon how about selling them for $50 per level?

It's already been stated. I've been planning on making him a Rocket the whole time. His name is Stephen, he gives you a free Magikarp and some other goodies, and he'll be showing up a few times. He's important to the plot.

Selling Pokémon for $50 a level could be annoying to script. Possible, but annoying. However, given the type of people that would purchase the Pokémon, doesn't seem likely that it'd make sense in the context of the game. People on the buying end of poached/smuggled Pokémon typically don't care how strong they are, and they aren't very good trainers. They just want rare Pokémon. Plus, given the fact that the Magikarp salesman is still in business, Pokémon-buyers probably aren't all that bright a group. A high-level Pokémon probably won't be worth any more to them than a low-level one.

In any case, the Pokémon-selling concept isn't finalized, and it'll probably have limits on it. If it costs, say, $400 a Poké Ball (everything's more expensive for Rockets), and if you could get $1000 per Pokémon, then that's an infinite cycle of $600 profits. Infinite easy money isn't a good idea for a challenging game.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I don't believe I didn't reply on this thread 'till now.
First congratulation on winning the HoTM :)
Now to say something more... this hack is really awesome, scripts are very great, hero's OW is nice also.
I'll play this hack after ya release beta 1. Good luck with this project :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Does the game end after the defeat at the radio tower or does it go to the next region like Hoenn or Sinnoh like after Team Magma or Aqua or Galactic were there taking advantage of the fragile state the region is in after their attacks.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
Does the game end after the defeat at the radio tower or does it go to the next region like Hoenn or Sinnoh like after Team Magma or Aqua or Galactic were there taking advantage of the fragile state the region is in after their attacks.

In my opinion, what happens after this is the best, and most creative, part. We cant control the outcome of the kanto and johto stuff, but after that, the future is ours and apparently we start new missions.... who knows what they are.... but in those missions we will have more of a hand in our own success or lack thereof? At least thats the impression i got from Ckret... hell it might even be in the first post lol.

Either way, thats like, a long ass way away...Just imagine the work that would be required. But after that, Ckret will have one hell of a game here huh.

Weavile Gemini

Some Ninja
Years
It makes me think that eventually, we will take the role of boss. And I agree, that is when the creativeness will kick in. Since we don't see Team Rocket in either Hoenn or Sinnoh, it makes me wonder what they could be doing. (Or if they are still in existence at all.)

And is radio tower really Team Rocket's last stand in Johto? (I don't remember it being radio tower. I thought it was something else...) Perhaps Silver is acting so roughly to Gold/Kris because he's had a few beatdowns from you.

mukkamukka

Elite Four Champion
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
This hack is pure awsomness. I really love it. In the game will you be able to steal all of the pokemon on the St Anne? I would be awsome that you could steal all the pokemon and then make the ship sink. Congrats on HotM

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
This hack is pure awsomness. I really love it. In the game will you be able to steal all of the pokemon on the St Anne? I would be awsome that you could steal all the pokemon and then make the ship sink. Congrats on HotM

i don´t know if steal all the pokemons would be good, but a rocket attack to the SS Anne would be great!!! But in the main story the rocket never tallk about the luxurious ship so maybe this won´t be a line for the story, i think...

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2009
OMG!!!!!!! THIS GAME IS INCREDIBLE PLZ TELL ME THE NEXT ALPHA IS ALMOST HERE B/C IDK HOW MUCH LONGER I CAN WAIT!!!!

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
Congrats looks like a nice game that can go a long way. Keep it up man i'll keep my eye on this.

Dry

Team Rocket Elite No. 16
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2011
Guys remember Ckret2 is creating the game on the rocket point of view following what happens in Fire red, Leaf green not the Pokemon Anime.
Rockets may inavde the SS Anne but they wont sink it or steal EVERYONES Pokemon.
Oh and Ckret im Curious if the Rockets start in lavander town and then to Mount moon what comes next because the order could turn various ways next... Personally i like the fact its not mount moon then lavander then Celdon ( or however it goes in Fire Red)

Im out.... =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back