• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Dude when are you going to release a beta for this! I'm dying to play it and i can't wait anymore. Can you plz atleast tell me an estimated date of completion. Thank you for your time.

Ayesha

惚け
    Years
  • Dude when are you going to release a beta for this! I'm dying to play it and i can't wait anymore. Can you plz atleast tell me an estimated date of completion. Thank you for your time.
    It's been released but there's only a little bit to play so far.

blue4ever222

=^.^=
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2015
    i LOVE this!

But my problem is that the 3rd floor+ of pokemon tower is still so foggy i cant see where I am going. -_-Is this supossed to happen? I just walk around w/ trial and error lol!

Also where can I download the beta so i can get passed the marowak?

Please answer, this is a fun hack. ^^

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • i LOVE this!

But my problem is that the 3rd floor+ of pokemon tower is still so foggy i cant see where I am going. -_-Is this supossed to happen? I just walk around w/ trial and error lol!

Also where can I download the beta so i can get passed the marowak?

Please answer, this is a fun hack. ^^

This is a rare error that some people run into on that floor. It's not supposed to be like that; the foggy floors are supposed to look the same as they do in FireRed, but for some people the fog stays and the floor disappears. So far I haven't been able to isolate the cause or come up with a solution, so you might want to find a map of Pokémon Tower online and use that to help you navigate.

The next alpha hasn't been released yet, so once you beat the Marowak and go downstairs to talk to Bonnie, the alpha's over. In the next alpha you'll be able to get farther, no worries.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Congratulations on winning October's HOTM, ckret2!

blue4ever222

=^.^=
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2015
    This is a rare error that some people run into on that floor. It's not supposed to be like that; the foggy floors are supposed to look the same as they do in FireRed, but for some people the fog stays and the floor disappears. So far I haven't been able to isolate the cause or come up with a solution, so you might want to find a map of Pokémon Tower online and use that to help you navigate.

The next alpha hasn't been released yet, so once you beat the Marowak and go downstairs to talk to Bonnie, the alpha's over. In the next alpha you'll be able to get farther, no worries.

Really? Well I fixed it. What I did was I talked to the channler er whatever they are called on the first floor and then it cleared up. O.O

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2009
    The premise of Toxic Purple persuaded me to make an account on here... and I wasn't disappointed.

Fantastic hack so far. I look forward to the next release.

I think there might be a slight error though. In the Pokemon Tower, I ran into the original Cubone's Mother at level 30 on the second to highest floor. I wish I had taken screencaps at the time to show where it was, but I think it was around the other side of the stairs to the top floor.

Of course, I couldn't run away from it. My Rattata and Vulpix fainted straight away, but I had previously caught a Gastly in the Great Ball I found on the ground. Being level 9 at the time, the only offensive attack it knew was Lick, but that had *just* enough PP to defeat her. Unfortunately, I saved shortly after (thinking that it was part of the game) so I couldn't go back.

Anyway, I heard that you were supposed to get a promotion after defeating the Marowak on the top floor? The encounter that I had with the 'ghost' must have messed things up, because after I defeated the level 11, nothing happened. I returned to the base as well and nothing happened.

But apart from that, it was very enjoyable playing it. This looks set to be an amazing game.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • The premise of Toxic Purple persuaded me to make an account on here... and I wasn't disappointed.

Fantastic hack so far. I look forward to the next release.

I think there might be a slight error though. In the Pokemon Tower, I ran into the original Cubone's Mother at level 30 on the second to highest floor. I wish I had taken screencaps at the time to show where it was, but I think it was around the other side of the stairs to the top floor.

Of course, I couldn't run away from it. My Rattata and Vulpix fainted straight away, but I had previously caught a Gastly in the Great Ball I found on the ground. Being level 9 at the time, the only offensive attack it knew was Lick, but that had *just* enough PP to defeat her. Unfortunately, I saved shortly after (thinking that it was part of the game) so I couldn't go back.

Anyway, I heard that you were supposed to get a promotion after defeating the Marowak on the top floor? The encounter that I had with the 'ghost' must have messed things up, because after I defeated the level 11, nothing happened. I returned to the base as well and nothing happened.

But apart from that, it was very enjoyable playing it. This looks set to be an amazing game.

That's going to be removed in the next alpha. When I was making the hack, I relocated the tile that triggers the original ghost Marowak script, so that I could still go back and test out that script while I was working on the new script upstairs. And I accidentally left it there when I released the alpha

When functioning correctly, after you go upstairs and battle the level 11 Marowak, go downstairs--don't use an Escape Rope to leave. Shortly after you go downstairs, you'll run into your partner; after that, continue heading towards the exit, and Bonnie will give you a Big Machete. At that point you can battle some new trainers on the way down the tower, or just consider the alpha over there. You don't get your promotion until the next alpha.

If that didn't happen, you probably want to restart the game, and avoid the tile where the ghost Marowak is. It should work correctly then.

For the record, that Great Ball isn't supposed to be in the alpha (it was left in by mistake), so you probably don't want to pick it up, as it will be replaced by a different item in the next alpha. When Bonnie gives you a Big Machete you get ten Great Balls anyway, so.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    lol, it's been awhile since I checked this thread, but everyone's still asking the same questions...

blue4ever222

=^.^=
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2015
    Hey is there anything that I can do to help? I would love to help support the progress of this hack, cuz it has an amazing storyline and stuff!! Where can I get one of those banner things?

blue4ever222

=^.^=
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2015
    Hey do you think you could add some running shoes? I dont really like walking around, i feel so handicapped! LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back