• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Just started playing the game and it's very interesting so far :D

Funny thing I noticed, though. If you go into Mr. Fuji's house in Lavender Town, one of the kids (the older-looking one) says: "I wonder where Mr. Fuji went." or something like that, when Mr. Fuji is standing right there...
    You may wanna take a look at that. Unless it was intentional? XD

Not sure if someone mentioned this before, but I figured I'd just throw it out there ^-^

EDIT: Oh gawd, just got to the part where Bonnie kills the Marowak...
    Sure hope she doesn't kill my Pokemon O.o

EDIT AGAIN: Wait so what now? XD

Last edited:

led

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    will i downloaded the rom and i got this toxicpurpleA1.ips what do i do with it im really lost thank you =P
    Dl a patching tool and patch it to a FireRed Rom. I'd say most of us use Lunar IPS, if your running windows.

And this hack is great. The most original one I've seen. Playing the same 8 badge thing gets predictable. Hope this continues.

Years
  • Nngah..
    OMGUKilledKenny, go to the very first post, and look at the bottom. Also, since you're new here (you obviously don't know, anyway)- don't double post. It's a no-no here.
    Anyway, I haven't seen this thread in ages. Not many updates, eh? I guess it'll be worth the wait, either way, so..:D

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2010
    I killed the marowak, got the big machette, but now im still stuck in saffron/lavender town. i have no idea where to go lol. any advice?

Years
  • It's a very interesting history.
    Team Rocket Hack... O.o

The screens are not very original
    pallets are the same as in Fire Red.

PD: I'm Spanish. My English is pretty bad. Sorry.

What's so wrong about a ROM Hack with the original FR/LG/RSE tiles? When I make ROM Hacks I won't edit the tiles at all, and I don't know how.

Anyways, Ckret2 is taking a break, the ROM Hack isn't dead. Will we go to Route 10's Pokemon Center for the end of the next alpha? The current alpha ends after you defeat Marowak and leave the Pokemon Tower.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    -cough- Hello...
    First time on this site, was directed here by a friend when we were talking about future side Pokemon games; I suggested a you're-a-Rocket game and she told me about Toxic Purple~
    Anyway, this is the first time I've even heard of hacks. I sort of kind of get ROMS and emulators, but I have noooo idea how to work a hack :S I downloaded the file, and I also have a FireRed ROM downloaded... I use NO$GBA if that means anything.
    I understand it's a patch but I have no idea how to work it? Can I get some tips/instructions/links to somewhere that can help?

EDIT: Ooh thank you to led, who a few posts back mentioned Lunar IPS. I googles it and now I'm all set ;D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    is this hack yet continuing?

it seems dead there are no more news since a while.......

Oh shut up you. This hack is on hold for a tiny bit.

:*( this was really fun and entertaining!
    sadly no updates foreverr. :/
    I will deff. keep an eye here, best rom i have seen by far being able to play as team rocket!
    :DDDD

See above comment.

cant wait to play beta 1!!!

Okay, but I think this is spam.

It's a very interesting history.
    Team Rocket Hack... O.o

The screens are not very original
    palletes are the same as in Fire Red.

PD: I'm Spanish. My English is pretty bad. Sorry.

Go play your graphic hacks. Hacks aren't just for graphics. The are for storyline and features. Look at Brown, it won HotY, but it was a Red hack with no fancy graphics.

can u do anything after beating the marowak?

See first post.

will i downloaded the rom and i got this toxicpurpleA1.ips what do i do with it im really lost thank you =P

1) You get a FR rom. (Not suppose to tell you, but Google it.)
    2) Get Lunar IPS.
    3) Patch your Rom. (It's so simple a caveman can do it.)
    4) Play it on VBA.

I killed the marowak, got the big machette, but now im still stuck in saffron/lavender town. i have no idea where to go lol. any advice?

You wait for the beta.

AAgh, I need more! I'm gonna die waiting for alpha 2!

Okay, just wait.

did the creator of this hack stop working on it? because it seems like?

See my very first response to this massive quote sea.

This is just beyond epic. I have taken inspiration from this for my ruby hack so kudos lol!

Pirate alert! Pirate alert! Fire the cannon! *Shoots the cannon*

plzzz i need help i dont know what to do after u done pokemon

What? You need to explain!

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • serioulsy someone just posted answers for you yet ppl still ask these questions it the end of the alpha and until ckret2 comes back and realeases a alpha/beta that is it ok?

AshK

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2011
    Help?

Patched my FireRed ROM.
    Opened ROM.
    Worked ok(ish)
    Just went in a cycle.
    screen1 (Gamefreak screen)-1st menu screen ('Press start' screen).
    Help, I'm confused?!?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back