• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    I'm glad you believe this hack is doing well! I'm gonna keep up my support the best I can. ^^ Even if it's only making banners and beta testing. LOL I have a good feeling as well that this hack will get finished sooner or later!

Really? I have a feeling that it'll be at least all summer until we get a decent beta with great tiles and everything out. xD I really don't want to release anything until everything is perfect. By the way, do you have any spriting or tiling skills, Minchan? =3 You should try something sometime. xD Maybe we could kick you with a boot and mold you into a spriter or something. With just West and I, I really feel like we need more help. xD Your enthusiasm about the project and commenting has made all the blood and sweat very worthwhile though, so thanks for the support. That goes for everyone who comments here, in any case. ^_^

o_o I use "^_^" a lot too. xD

Dubew is a bud for Roselia. Budews face is where Roselia's stomach will be. The bud on it's head will turn into the roses on Roselia's hands. And it "grows" a new head. And it does resemble Roselia slightly. And Trapinch isn't a Baby Pokemon. It's the first Pokemon of a family, there is a diferance.

Now, I'm tired of being ignored and looked down upon. I'm tired of people saying they have won while the battle wages on. And I am tired of people taking my ideas and being praised for them.

[HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Tropie. Tropical pie. Baby to Tropius. How does it look?

Beginning to get better, but I like my concept better. My concept's neck grows longer. The red budding 'nanners grow into large yellow 'nanners. the small leaf structures grow larger.

If you fixed it up and made it larger without such a big triangular space between the head and the left foot, it would look a lot better. I still wouldn't like the concept as much as mine, but much better overall. ^_^ Much cuter, and makes much more sense. The flower doesn't look much like a flower, but that's understandable at least for me because it was so hard to get a good concept for the blossoms on that tree I made. xD

EDIT: I do have to say though. Tropical pie makes no sense. He's not a pie. >O Oh and now that I see it, that triangular look is really caused by that flower being there. So make the leaf grow out a little leftwards, make the neck bossibly larger, and make the flower go rightwards a bit. It's really cute. ^_^ But I still like my concept better. o-o I wish we could include both. Maybe if we made this one larger with a few more features it could be a second evo or something. Maybe if it was fixed up with the perfect lining and the suggestions I've made we wouldn't have to use mine. I don't mind at all if it doesn't look any better than I could do.

EDIT (again): Now I'm starting to warm up to the idea that it could look reeaaaaalllly good if we just fixed it up a bit. =3 Then we'd have peoplez vote.

Last edited:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
    Really? I have a feeling that it'll be at least all summer until we get a decent beta with great tiles and everything out. xD I really don't want to release anything until everything is perfect. By the way, do you have any spriting or tiling skills, Minchan? =3 You should try something sometime. xD Maybe we could kick you with a boot and mold you into a spriter or something. With just West and I, I really feel like we need more help. xD Your enthusiasm about the project and commenting has made all the blood and sweat very worthwhile though, so thanks for the support. That goes for everyone who comments here, in any case. ^_^

o_o I use "^_^" a lot too. xD

Beginning to get better, but I like my concept better. My concept's neck grows longer. The red budding 'nanners grow into large yellow 'nanners. the small leaf structures grow larger.

If you fixed it up and made it larger without such a big triangular space between the head and the left foot, it would look a lot better. I still wouldn't like the concept as much as mine, but much better overall. ^_^ Much cuter, and makes much more sense. The flower doesn't look much like a flower, but that's understandable at least for me because it was so hard to get a good concept for the blossoms on that tree I made. xD

Okay. I've read that PM.

And let's get down to business.

There, edited the flower, added more shading, enlarged his right leg. Oh, and that was a typo. TROPICAL PEE! You could say he's a cutey pie, but since he's small, he's a peewee. I hate typos. I need to slow dowwwwnnnn... And that idea of being a first evolution is great! So tell me how Tropie looks now.

P.S. You edit too fast! And ha ha, he's a pie. XD

Edit: What about Caterpie? He's not a pie either. And yes, that's how you spell it. I'm keeping the spelling the same.

Edit: (Again) Well, you could've posted, so I could post again. XD But, what other suggestions? I guess I missed them in the confusion...

Last edited:

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    Okay. I've read that PM.

And let's get down to business.

There, edited the flower, added more shading, enlarged his right leg. Oh, and that was a typo. TROPICAL PEE! You could say he's a cutey pie, but since he's small, he's a peewee. I hate typos. I need to slow dowwwwnnnn... And that idea of being a first evolution is great! So tell me how Tropie looks now.

P.S. You edit too fast! And ha ha, he's a pie. XD

Edit: What about Caterpie? He's not a pie either. And yes, that's how you spell it. I'm keeping the spelling the same.

Edit: (Again) Well, you could've posted, so I could post again. XD But, what other suggestions? I guess I missed them in the confusion...

But he's a caterpillar with out he llar and with an e. ;) And i'll send you a pm with the edited one I made. You just basically need to make everything bigger. You're getting the idea, but you're having a hard time coming out of the box. Better and better.

And I'm glad you took that pm to heart. xD I spent a lengthy time writing.

Edit: I think my concept was more creative, but I think I like this one better for some odd reason. =/

Last edited:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    Dubew is a bud for Roselia. Budews face is where Roselia's stomach will be. The bud on it's head will turn into the roses on Roselia's hands. And it "grows" a new head. And it does resemble Roselia slightly. And Trapinch isn't a Baby Pokemon. It's the first Pokemon of a family, there is a diferance.

Now, I'm tired of being ignored and looked down upon. I'm tired of people saying they have won while the battle wages on. And I am tired of people taking my ideas and being praised for them.

Tropie. Tropical pie. Baby to Tropius. How does it look?

Before I comment on the sprite... I'd like to point out that "Dubew" isn't a Pokemon. LOL

(sorry, I HAD to point that out!!)

*dies laughing*

*un-dies*

I really like your new Tropie! It's so cute! Question: How do you pronounce it?
    Is it Trow-Pee, Trow-Pye, Trah-Pee, or Trah-Pye? Just wondering since I wasn't too sure of that to begin with. LOL

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I really cant wait to get a taste of this game!

Keep working at it guys! You're doing good work!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    You James, no there are no updates. Mac left to go somewhere for a week. And I was meant to be inserting Pokémon but he gave me a broken link and left xD

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
    Before I comment on the sprite... I'd like to point out that "Dubew" isn't a Pokemon. LOL

(sorry, I HAD to point that out!!)

*dies laughing*

*un-dies*

I really like your new Tropie! It's so cute! Question: How do you pronounce it?
    Is it Trow-Pee, Trow-Pye, Trah-Pee, or Trah-Pye? Just wondering since I wasn't too sure of that to begin with. LOL

Ah, just what I was about to explain. ;)

Tropical. Pea. Trop-pea. Trah-pee. I also named him this because: Tropie = Tropius. Trahpee = Trah-pee-us. When it evolves, it adds "us" to the name. Like Cleffa. Cleffa = Clafairy. It sounds similar. And it adds "iry" to the name. Or Pichu = Pi-KA-chu.

And I might not be able to work on Tropie for awhile because I'll be busy. So Vannah, wait for me! I might edit this post (if no one posts after) if I do make a new Tropie before I get busy though. =D

Oh, and I just want to show everybody, I made concept art for my fakemon I made awhile back. It was my first scratched sprite. Presenting Dradow's concept art!

Edit: Okay, I hope you enjoyed Dradow's concept art, and here is the next Tropie!

I've edited the flower on his neck, I have edited the buds on his back, added more lighting and shading, and added more detail.

Second edit: Oh, I have an idea! Everyone knows that Tropius is Grass/Flying. So, since Tropie hasn't grown his wings yet, he can't fly. So, it's like he's a potted plant. XD Let's make him Grass/Ground! If not, I'm happy with just Grass. So, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    I think you should just make Tropie grass only, unless you intend to make Tropius, a Grass/Flying type, also be ground. If Tropie were Grass/Ground, he might evolve into a tropius with earthquake o_O Im not sure if that is something you want...

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    The concept art is a little large, unatonomical, and and blobby for me. It's hard to make fakemon, I know. xD But you need to use a reference with these things for anatomy, you know?
    As for tropie, he still needs my touch to the top of the head (larger!) and to some other parts. I'll post it this time because it's such a minor edit.
    Play with that a little. It needs to be little bit closer to what you have, but close to what I have too. Play with the green on his head and that... maybe its that brown lining under the green part of the head that's ugging me. There's still something lacking. Maybe you should add some yellow/white fawn marks. I don't know why, but I see Tropie kind of like a fawn for some reason. xD I think it might need some white flecks or something like a young deer would. Just so it has a little more variation from Tropius. Here's an idea. o_o Remove the green on the top completely?

Now! My first tiles ever. o_o To go along with my cherry blossom tree, here are a few tiles. I realize that they're very lacking in some ways. And you'll notice (as I just did xD) that below the white path, there is some light grey outlining from when I was editting before. xDDDD But pay no mind to that and pay attention the parts that aren't messed up.

So what do you think? What else needs to be improved? I know the grey on the outside of the white path is bugging me, but I'm not quite sure what I should do to fix it. Maybe the colors are off all together. xD I've never tried this before.

EDIT: Fixed a few issues.

Last edited:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    The concept art is a little large, unatonomical, and and blobby for me. It's hard to make fakemon, I know. xD But you need to use a reference with these things for anatomy, you know?
    As for tropie, he still needs my touch to the top of the head (larger!) and to some other parts. I'll post it this time because it's such a minor edit.
    Play with that a little. It needs to be little bit closer to what you have, but close to what I have too. Play with the green on his head and that... maybe its that brown lining under the green part of the head that's ugging me. There's still something lacking. Maybe you should add some yellow/white fawn marks. I don't know why, but I see Tropie kind of like a fawn for some reason. xD I think it might need some white flecks or something like a young deer would. Just so it has a little more variation from Tropius. Here's an idea. o_o Remove the green on the top completely?

Now! My first tiles ever. o_o To go along with my cherry blossom tree, here are a few tiles. I realize that they're very lacking in some ways. And you'll notice (as I just did xD) that below the white path, there is some light grey outlining from when I was editting before. xDDDD But pay no mind to that and pay attention the parts that aren't messed up.

So what do you think? What else needs to be improved? I know the grey on the outside of the white path is bugging me, but I'm not quite sure what I should do to fix it. Maybe the colors are off all together. xD I've never tried this before.

EDIT: Fixed a few issues.

OMG more Tile-fakemon! LOL not. XD

I love those Sakura tiles! Soooo cuuuute~!!! ^^

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    But, but... what can I do to improve it? XDDDD Isn't there anything bugging you? o_o (Thanks though. I take pride in my tiled fakemon. xD)

Trainer_Trevor

Fan Fiction Writer
    Years
    Wow this is like those times when you see a new generation of Pokemon and you just have to get that game to see the Pokemon. I really can't wait until this thing is released for beta and alpha and all that fun stuff. I will totally place this. I'm really excited. If your in need of any beta-testers and I will make a run through on my YouTube channel

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    OMG Trainer_Trevor! I LOVE your avatar!! (mudkip ftw)

anyway...
    Vannah, I have a hard time "critiquing" sakura. ^^ it's my favorite flower- pink is my favorite color... ifd you want un-biased critique you may wanna consult someone else. XD

mudkip&sakura petals rule.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    OMG Trainer_Trevor! I LOVE your avatar!! (mudkip ftw)

anyway...
    Vannah, I have a hard time "critiquing" sakura. ^^ it's my favorite flower- pink is my favorite color... ifd you want un-biased critique you may wanna consult someone else. XD

mudkip&sakura petals rule.

XD Where are you, other Torzach supporters? Critique please.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back