• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] How can I update from v17.2 to v19.1

Years
  • Hi, I'm not really good at RGSS but I was wondering wether I could change from v17.2 to v19.1, the big problem is that I have a lot of scripts that I use that are from various tutorials, like Birthsigns and Third Type, that I have no idea how can I update them without creating some problems. Can anyone help me?

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    From what I understand:
    - v18.1 changed a lot of things in the battles from v17.2. If you have battle scripts, chances are you cannot update them easily.
    - v19.1 changed almost everything else from v18.1. If you have general scripts, chances are you can update them, but you'll have to do it yourself.

From what I see, the third type script could be adapted (but you'll have to think a bit). As for Birthsigns, I don't know ^^"

I started making my game in v18.1 and a few months later, v19 was out. I refused to upgrade because I had ~30 custom scripts ("custom" = made by me). In your case, if you don't have custom scripts, you should upgrade to v19, because if new scripts are released, they will be for v19, not for v17, and you will find less help with v17.

Years
  • From what I understand:
    - v18.1 changed a lot of things in the battles from v17.2. If you have battle scripts, chances are you cannot update them easily.
    - v19.1 changed almost everything else from v18.1. If you have general scripts, chances are you can update them, but you'll have to do it yourself.

From what I see, the third type script could be adapted (but you'll have to think a bit). As for Birthsigns, I don't know ^^"

I started making my game in v18.1 and a few months later, v19 was out. I refused to upgrade because I had ~30 custom scripts ("custom" = made by me). In your case, if you don't have custom scripts, you should upgrade to v19, because if new scripts are released, they will be for v19, not for v17, and you will find less help with v17.

So I'm basically stuck, I have dozens of custom scripts and I'd like to add the Modular Pause Menu but the original v17.x version is lost. I guess it's time to learn RGSS properly

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, I'm not really good at RGSS but I was wondering wether I could change from v17.2 to v19.1, the big problem is that I have a lot of scripts that I use that are from various tutorials, like Birthsigns and Third Type, that I have no idea how can I update them without creating some problems. Can anyone help me?

Youre better off just waiting for v20 at this point, which is nearing completion last I heard. Youre sort of out of luck as far as third party plugins though, unless you have intimate knowledge on how they work. However, im already about 60% done converting the Birthsigns scripts into a v19.1 Plugin (most likely a v20 Plugin by the time its done), so if thats one of your main hurdles, you can scratch that off your list.

Years
  • Youre better off just waiting for v20 at this point, which is nearing completion last I heard. Youre sort of out of luck as far as third party plugins though, unless you have intimate knowledge on how they work. However, im already about 60% done converting the Birthsigns scripts into a v19.1 Plugin (most likely a v20 Plugin by the time its done), so if thats one of your main hurdles, you can scratch that off your list.

Thx a lot, I will consider the idea

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    And as usual, you're also able to backport changes from a newer Essentials version to an older, if you can. My Essentials 16.2 copy I maintain has some features backported from Essentials 17 and 18

Back