• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen how come everyone in this game is a jerk?

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
Years
  • everytime someone asks to register my number I say no, nothing personal I just don't like answering the dam poke-gear. but whenever I politely say no they always have some kind of snappy comeback like "oh yeah you winning was just luck", or "whats the matter you scared?" These trainers are jerks there's a reason why I don't register their numbers.

AssumingRain

pokemon veteran
    Years
  • They're jerks because Nintendo took out the funny come-backs, like "Dropped my balls!"

lolol

:O There was a before time?

Also, you should, it's good training (they are around the same lvl as you are when you battle) and they also give you stuff. I do agree though, it's annoying.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • Even if they call you, if you move and exit somewhere or run into a wild Pokemon, the call ends. That's the problem I always have. When someone just happens to call, I move a space and a wild Pokemon attacks, or I'm checking my roster, or I just happen to exit the Pokemon Center. Talk about bad timing.

Darkfalz

A.K.A "The Bang-Shuhbang"
    Years
  • They want to intimidate you so you're more encouraged to battle, in turn training your Pokemon, in turn better moves and strategies, and in turn RULING THE POKEMON WORLD! Muhahahahahahahaaaa!

I mean... Taking care and stroking your Pokemon ever so sweetly. ^_^
    (Dang. They're onto me... I think I'll just have to kill them all....)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I noticed it too hah. I only accept the ace trainers and all the female trainers =]

can't say no to a lady

I always feel bad when i say no so i say yes.

Wow i sound timid.

Don't you quote that or i'll have to bite your ear off.

Wait whaaaaat?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Don't you all start getting off-topic, now. Discuss the thread topic please, and keep those sort of comments in VMs or something.

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I haven't rejected a number but there have been times where I believe the trainers are very full of themselves

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I never normally reject, but since this play-through of mine is a rough play-through, I decide to check everything out and do things opposite to what I'll do in my final and main play-through.
    So I did do a lot of things in an anti-myself manner, like choosing another starter, choosing the opposite gender character, and even saying no to people at first when they want to exchange numbers, just as an experiment to find out what they reply with, and later exchange numbers anyways.
    And yeah, I was surprised at how Pokemon game characters could come up with rude comments like that...

So I guess it's better to exchange numbers on first time, because that way you will know that you were nice, making you feel nice, and you won't have to unlock their rude counterparts.
    And I never have a problem with them calling me. In fact, I need them to call me more, because they're not calling me much, and I need them to do so for battles.

For anyone who does have any problem with calls, just don't receive them. It's not like you have to...
    Besides, making a wild Pokemon appear, battling others, talking to others, reading signposts and interacting to things, and even talking to your Pokemon following you stops the call.

The only person who bothered me from the calls was the in-game mom, since she was the only one calling too much telling me again and again about the fact that she bought something.
    From then on, I ignored her calls, and later on I stopped saving my money and withdrew all I saved. She doesn't call anymore after that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2014
    The only person who bothered me from the calls was the in-game mom, since she was the only one calling too much telling me again and again about the fact that she bought something.
    From then on, I ignored her calls, and later on I stopped saving my money and withdrew all I saved. She doesn't call anymore after that.

Goodness me yes. I'm gonna go and get all of my money then, if that shuts her up.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • I wish you could just turn the pokegear off so you wouldnt have to listen to the thing ring all day. but if you dont add their number there gonna smart off to you which is also annoying so idk :s

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • that picnicker girl keeps calling the wrong number, seriously, she thought i was Tania :P .
    and i hate phone calls at inappropriate times :P .
    i just beat team rocket excecutive and i get a call
    'my poliwrath almost took down a magikarp, it was so close! oh well, better luck next time.'
    beep.

..................................................... wtf? i just beat team rocket and not even a wow. :P

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • Some of them are rude but the others are just freaky, like that hiker who cries when you say no. >_<
    I only accept numbers from trainers who claim they'll give me stuff. :P

Back