• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How did you catch Giratina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I weakened it to around 10HP, put it to sleep and used about 4 dusk balls. Soon enough, it was all mine.

Psittaciformes

~♫♪۞۩☺☻~
    Years
    There was no way I could've whittle down a level 47 Giratina's HP with a level 65 Infernape without destroying it, so I was forced to use a Masterball. I also did not bring any Pokemon that could inflict a status condition against Giratina, and seeing how they were low-leveled, it wouldn't have worked anyway. I just wanted catch Giratina and move on.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Got it's health down to about 20, threw a Masterball at it, and caught it just fine. It was surprisingly easy, actually.
    actually, if u had to use the master ball, there was no need to weaken it. master ball catches nay pokemon without fail!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Masterball. BAM. End of story. EV Trained. Now it's my primary competitive uber laying in my boxes gathering dust just because most tournaments don't like it :(

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    In Pearl, I lowered its HP, then twenty five or so Timer/Dusk Balls later, I caught it. In Platinum, I just threw the Master Ball right off the bat-I always use the Master Ball I so conviently find/recieve for the main legendary. :D
    What I find odd is that Cyrus was aghast that I caught it-he's the one who gave me the Master Ball, for pete's sake...

Years
    For giratina-o I caught in platinum I only brought 10 ultra balls. I was too lazy to go back and get more ultra balls so I saved in front and lowered it hp. I tried at least 10 times, it struggled and koed itself every time. I eventually did it by switching in Staraptor for the attack lower and the immunity to ghost attacks (shadow force, ominous wind) and I caught it with my 8th ultra ball.

What I find odd is that Cyrus was aghast that I caught it-he's the one who gave me the Master Ball, for pete's sake...

lol that's funny

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    yup! cyrus is a real fool. he makes great plans but they fail. he could have kept the master ball for himself and catch giratina!

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
    Tried to catch it with normal Dusk / Ultraballs for the first 15 times (which I only managed to catch 6 out of) since I was breeding - then I got really annnoyed and threw Masterball for about the next 40 soft resets or something instead

If you were wondering why, I wanted a good Natured Giratina with good IVs :D

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    I tried for a long time, many resets, and eventually just gave up and earthquaked it. XD

NatureKeeper

On Diamond? Got Dialga, Used Roar of Time, Dragon Claw and a Duo of Duskballs. On maybe like the 14th try. Before my game was trapped in Mystery Zone...

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Meh I really couldn't be bothered so as soon as the battle began I just chucked that master ball.

Years
    I used a Master Ball on it since I'm getting sick of trying to get an Adamant on it with good IVs and not trying to waste the Master Ball. .___.

TheSpaceKnight

Kecleon Robber
    Years
    I tried to catch him about 10 times but got bored of it so I left the cave and is not looking foward to go back. Infact, I am looking about starting a new game.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    I used a timer ball on him. Lucky for me this giratina had a bold nature :D And on my first try also

Dialga911

32 badge trainer
    Years
    It wasn't hard

I got it low on HP and kept throwing Ultra Balls. Whenever it got ready to use Shadow Force,
    I switched out to Staraptor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back