• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you find out about rom hacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    ...fire red didnt even come out in english until 2004

Did he ever say it was for Pokemon Firered? Gold, to my knowledge, has a Map Editor!

I just found some of those rubbish hack things on YouTube, like that one with the Congratulations, you received a free Regice, and then Chaos Black, and then here.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years

I found rom hacking in a similar way to Mateo.

I was at an all day rehearsal with my amateur dramatics group, and I had a few months previous been playing Pokemon for the first time, and so we got on the conversation of it, it eventually led to some guy saying his friend had Pokemon Yellow on his computer. When I got home I dialled up the net and found no$gmb and pokemon blue. This got my interest in looking for Pokemon roms, which eventually led to finding some Pokemon Orange hacks by Dtyler, and Pokemon Generations by BG Translations. Onwards a few months I was looking for Pokemon game makers, it must have taken many weeks of searching before I found anything. The first programs I discovered were Thingy32 Mr. Clicks TileED, and Pokemap. I didn't join any forums until 2003 about a year after I had started ROM hacking and 2 years since I found out about Emulation.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Honestly? I googled "New Pokemon Games" and found the original Pokemon Brown.
    Through that, I found out about hacking, and through google yet again, I found Pokecommunity.
    Hung around for a while, then disappeared, joined in 2007 and barely posted.
    And now my posting is starting to pick up.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    same here I knew about pc and I never register til I neaded to post my hack thread then I stoped posting than I started ansering questions in the simple questions thread and started posting a lot

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
    I remember searching pokemon gold cheats on youtube. Then after browsing a bit i found pokemon shiny gold glithes and i was like wth? then eventually i found a vid showing more of SG and the link was to PC. The next part embarrases me...
    ...I tried to download shiny gold and found out i had to be a member. Made an account, looked at HSC hacks and played them. Later in the fall i decided to give ROM hacking a try. The rest is just history... (first romhack I was in was reign of fire, didnt go so well...)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Ahh, the good ol' days.
    I was checking out Pokemon Diamond/Pearl vids before the game was released in the USA, and I came across a pic of a custom map, so I looked around on youtube, found a link to E-Map, and got it, looked up Scizz, and the Helmeted Rodent team, and found The Pokecommunity, and joined, became a nooblet, and that is the story of how I became me.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Yeah, someone in youtbe had a good video on where to find hacking tools. I followed the links(wah) and his advise, and i became a maniac hacker. XD

Then, i searched around Wah, i learnt about on going hacks, and then [i dont remember how] i clicked a link to a PC page. I started to like the forums, and i joined right away, using my nickname as username. [/offtopic] Sorry. XD

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    i found pokemon choas black, dude some guy was selling it! i was so dumb that i actually bought it........

Aberbecam

Banned
    Years
    To make short story little more short, The event took place around August 2007, xD

1.Found GBA Emulator
    2.Found Pokemon Rom
    3.Found WAH
    4.Downloaded Rom Hacking Tools
    5.Hear i am

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    hmm well i was googleing "gold and silver remakes" after i first saw those one pictures (the ones that were fake that got posted one april fools day) because i thought they were real and i really didnt find anything about it when looking for websites so i clicked images and one one of the first three pages i saw shinygold. i tryed to download it but it said i needed to register (and if it wasnt for that i would have never came back to PC) i download beta 4 of SG not knowing beta 5 was out because the link led me the older thread lol. a month passed and i found a link to beta 5 on a youtube video. a year later (i didnt always play it lol) and i got stuck in SG so googled "pokemon hacks" to try to find a different hack but no i found something greater i found PC! i logged in after a whole year and i sent a pm to Zel asking for help and ever sence then i have been going to PC almost every day!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back