• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you know about Pokemon in the first place?

How did you know about Pokemon?

• Anime

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Manga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Games

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

fanh

<= Gotta eat 'em all
    Years
    So how did you first know about Pokemon? By watching the anime? Read the manga? Play the games?

I first knew about Pokemon by watching the anime =D

Glacier

Mayzz Lover
    Years
    I first saw it when flicking through channels about 7 years ago and saw the little yellow rat shocking team rocket half to death and it made me laugh so i got myself a GBpocket and yellow and ive loved it ever since.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I knew about pokemon in anime, when this little boy holding some huge rodent with red spots for cheeks electrified the bike of an orange-haired girl. Then when i heard that there is a game for this show, I bought my first Pokemon game: Blue.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    You know, good question @_@

I believe it was by the advertisements of it, followed by the anime. I got Blue though, the rest is history.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I cant quite remember, I think it was either anime or just saw it in the shops :)
    I hate Ash! :(
    But I like Red so I bought that first (well blue but then red, its a long story. :) )

starmii3

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    I learned about it by seeing the cardgame in action. Then i went home and saw the show. I was addicted, but as everyone else stopped watching/ playing it, i felt i had to also. But now here i am, years later, and im addicted to it :P

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    My younger cousin showed me the game from when he came from the US. He has since then grown out of it though…

skyterra

In Olivine city
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2008
    Friends of mine were playing it, so I decided to rent gold at blockbuster. Was awesome.

Gold was my first game, Cyndaquil my first Pokemon.

Murasaki

Confused @_@
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    I noticed the boxes for the Red/Blue versions in a store just before the game was released (the boxes were just some sorta display-type-thingy) and, being the typical 8-year-old girl thought Pikachu was cute so got Red once they were released. Didn't even know what the game involved I just got it because I liked the monsters xD Watched a bit of the anime since that came out around the same time I think... but my interest in that died since it's not very good.

So yeah... games for me.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    The TV show, a younger girl on the bus once told me she liked to watch it and told me it was really cool and that I should watch it.

The first episode I saw was TR's first appearance. I was like "Oh no! Villans!" hehehe

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I first learnt about it by watching the anime. I can't remember the first show I saw was around the Pewter Gym.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I learnt about it by watching the anime too. I don't remember specifically what the first show I watched was about.

Blargtastic808

likes stuff
    Years
    The first time I watched it was on a Japanese channel. It was the episode where all the Pokemon were lost on the island and they had subtitles for them and stuff lol

After that I saw a commercial for Blue version during the commercial break and I was set on having my mom buy it for me. I was 7 lol

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    It came to me in a dream.

I was flipping through the channels and happened to stop on the channel airing the first episode of Pokemon as soon as it was starting. In other words, it was fate.

Back