• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I disable this

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I feel like recent AFD's have been a letdown. So today's theme was like when PC was very old or something?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Next time, make sure that it doesn't happen while it's night time on my end. Didn't even notice a thing.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
    The broken features weren't intended by the staff, we were just supposed to go back to the glorious early 2000s. :P

This is the feedback forum. If a score of people post their feedback on a site-wide feature and their preferences for a feasible alternative or an opt-out, staff ought not so facetiously disregard user concerns. The feedback forum, I'd hope, would be the one place where concerns would be taken seriously, regardless of the holiday. Users can be as flippant against each other as they want about it, I don't care, but there were some flagrantly condescending posts in here by staff, and anyone denying that fact either didn't read the entire thread or is genuinely in no position to deal with user feedback.

If a feature is released and it's so terribly broken, I'm sure people would have liked it to have been taken care of without the touch of sass from lower-level staff until high administration finally came in to address the contention with the desired solution. It's staff's duty to make sure these things go as smoothly as they can. Large sites utilize partitioned test forums to implement these features for debugging. I hope PKC takes that measure in the future when it concerns forced and locked site-wide alterations.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
    I've only been here for a few months myself and I honestly had no idea what was going on at first. I'm able to see the current forum style now, but in short, I would at least recommend this sort of thing be optional for everyone. Lots of people find things such as limited usability and features a sort of thing a bit too much for AFD. I wasn't on this community, nor was I using the internet at all when this place looked like that, so I think I have little to no say in this matter, so do whatever you guys wanna do. Personally, had the style stuck for the whole day, I probably would've stayed off for the day seeing as I couldn't find the subforums for any other games than Gen 1.

As someone who grew up on forums that looked like this, I'm completely fine with it.
    For this reason, I don't think it should've been taken away for everyone. Obviously, some people are gonna be okay with it, and it's a neat thing to do every year, but just not for everyone.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Next time, make sure that it doesn't happen while it's night time on my end. Didn't even notice a thing.

I feel like recent AFD's have been a letdown. So today's theme was like when PC was very old or something?
    I'm sure it was supposed to go the whole day but due to many complaints in this thread it ended early unfortunately. The style still exists, just go to the style switcher and access it. Then use PC for the rest of the day with the cool style. I still am.

It's disappointing that people complain either way. If there's no joke, people will complain, if it isn't to their liking people will complain, and if it ends too early due to point two people will complain. Seriously everyone, appreciate the fact that people are willing to try and make the day special for all of you. Next year PC should just not load up for april fools. People will complain but nobody will be able to hear the complaints.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    People take things way too seriously. It is now toggleable, so all of you that don't like it can opt out.

But hey, AF always goes like this, no matter how tame or how wild it gets. You can never please everyone. It also looks like some people can't be pleased at all.

That you don't particularly enjoy a holiday doesn't mean no one should.

I loved it and appreciate the work that the staff team puts on the forums. Thanks, Audy!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Oh my gosh like this is so much better than the old version! Glad to see they removed those new fangled pokemon games that are just rehashes, but what is the underground thingy doing here? This aint a community of killing? Omg

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    It's a bit of a shame people react negatively to a very harmless joke like this. It's a forum skin; nobody's tampering with your accounts or ruining your access. Inconvenient? Maybe. Some sites do way worse and Audy, despite it being janky, put a deal of effort into getting this done for AFD when his schedule is so hectic. Next year, it might be best to do nothing.

Anyway the topic's question has been answered.

You can disable the AFD skin via this link and then select your original skin: https://www.pokecommunity.com/index.php?styleid=48

From there you can also select AF16 from the skin dropdown to enable it again if you want to appreciate some nostalgia on what PC used to look like.

Happy April Fools Day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back