• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] How do I get started in making a Pokémon game?

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2022
    Hello pokecommunity!

This is my first topic so excuse me If I'm in wrong section or I'm asking things that have already been asked before.
    I want to run a pokemon game online with some friends, and I was searching on google to find out how I could do this and I just saw this rmxp. Although I need specific things and this is why I created this topic. So here's what I want:

- I want to build a game with old pokemons (until V generation), but to be able to add my own custom pokemons like some new legendaries or some completely custom ones from scratch.
    - I want my game to be both online and offline.
    - I want to be able to add my custom events from scratch using my own ideas and coding skills.
    - I want the best and updated resources around according to your experiences of course.

Note: I am also interested in some guides or helpful topics which I may need in order to achieve my targets.

Thank you all very much and keep it up! This forum is probably the best around for pokemon developing! Congratulations to all of you!

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
    Pokemon Essentials 13 Comes with Gen 1-5 Working
    You Can add in your own custom pokemon in the PBS/Pokemon.txt file
    You can make your own events , go look the forum at progressing games to see
    But to learn coding in this rmxp make sure you learn Ruby Lang.

Best resource i would look under the Resource forum.
    But i would use PKMN Essentials 13 for now it's offline but you can make it online by adding in RMXOS to it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2022
    Pokemon Essentials 13 Comes with Gen 1-5 Working
    You Can add in your own custom pokemon in the PBS/Pokemon.txt file
    You can make your own events , go look the forum at progressing games to see
    But to learn coding in this rmxp make sure you learn Ruby Lang.

Best resource i would look under the Resource forum.
    But i would use PKMN Essentials 13 for now it's offline but you can make it online by adding in RMXOS to it.

May I have some further information about RMXOS? What is it? Where can I download it?
    Also, will I have crashes or any kind of problems while running the game online, so I can handle many players?
    Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate that!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Note: I am also interested in some guides or helpful topics which I may need in order to achieve my targets.
    This guide link to many others for making a pokémon game at Essentials. Also, was written by someone who manage to develop a full pokémon game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2022
    Well I have no words. Thanks for your help guys, all of you! I really appreciate that!
    I am finishing my scenario and then I'm gonna start working on my game..
    FL and Java's Missingno, I'd like to have a word with you in private guys, If you have some free time PM me with your skype, I would really love to.

1 Question: I will start with MultiPlatform RMX-OS SYSTEM from chaos project, but as I can see their client's links are dead. Can I download the essential ones and work with this client? I guess I won't have any problem, right? Also I want to work with "old" pokemons, which means generation 3 and 4. Which essential client version should I download?

2 Question: Essentials are completely from scratch right? I mean, if I was about to take the classic default game and just expand it with more features how I could do that?

Note: I'm pretty sure I will post more questions soon.

Thanks

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
    2 Question: Essentials are completely from scratch right? I mean, if I was about to take the classic default game and just expand it with more features how I could do that?

(broken link removed)
    With essentials you can create pokemon fire-red as long as you understand the basics with events and all that. If you wanted to create more features check on the wiki and see if its done already or if you can modify something that already exists.

Basically, you can expand upon the classic game already since the features exist, but you'll need to map it yourself.

Back