• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you celebrate birth?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I look at the baby and congratulate the parents and think "aww I want one of those one day". Normally we celebrate kids getting baptized here, which usually happens when they are still babies. I guess not everyone does it anymore, what with my country having become anti-christian and multicultural and what have you. But that's what I can think of.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    "Ew that thing looks horrible." As a silent thought, of course. After that, I proceed to appreciate the fact that nothing that huge will ever come out of my genitalia. Then an awkward smile afterwards to seal the deal.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Why would I involve myself in someone else having a child? All those parents have done is added another person who will cut in the food line right in front of the starving third world.

#fakehumanitarian #ireallyjusthatekids

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Little reptiles or birds hatching from eggs I could sit and wonder at, and the tenacity of young plants is staggering, but I can't think of anything more physically disgusting than human childbirth. Beyond that event, there's nothing at all nice about the prospect of another human appearing among the billions already extant, and inflating all the issues associated with overpopulation.

I'd rather not involve myself. Sorry about the negative attitude, you did say celebrate in the title — but I really can't bring myself to, not for people.

Years
    It depends if we're implying I'm actually watching the baby being born. THAT, if anything related to the subject, is something I do not want to do. Watching a life form come out of the genitals of someone that I know does not appeal to me.

However, in the least pedophilic way possible, newborn babies are cute.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Am I watching a baby being born?

Is this the child of someone I know or a stranger?

Do I have anything invested in this at all?

I have too many questions to answer this thread accordingly XD

Generally, I've visited my relatives in the hospital upon the birth of their children. There's not much to do. Congratulate them and look at the baby. Not a whole lot for you to do as an outsider in those early days. You don't want to disturb the baby and the mother probably just wants some rest and privacy.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    um idk I feel this weird disconnect when it comes to human babies than any other baby form of life. but for the sake of appearing normal I would congratulate the parents and be happy for them. If it was someone I was close with I'd def help them out if they needed anything. I really wouldn't want to babysit once they can walk/talk, but I don't mind doing it here and there.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I've never witnessed a birth nor do I know anyone personally who's given birth in over a decade so having not been a party to someone's birth since my little brothers I have no idea what I'd do since adult me is totally different with a life and responsibilities and whatever. I guess it would depend on who it was and whether they live nearby. I don't think I would be present for anyone giving birth unless it was me (obviously), a really close friend, or if my brothers ever marry and have kids. Anyone else, if they're a friend and not just an acquaintance, I'd probably get them a gift and wish them well, and if they're nearby I'd love to actually meet the baby at some point.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I've posted in the past about how I'm terrified of pregnancy and childbirth and don't want a kid ever unless I adopt it, but lately my ~!*maternal instincts*!~ are kicking in and like I want one??????? Not soon or anything, but I don't know. Lately my fears have quelled and I kind of would like to have my own child someday.

As for other people having kids, I'm not personally close to anyone with a baby, really. I have a friend with a two year old, but I wasn't really around when he was born exactly, so yeah. I mean, the common thing to do is to congratulate someone when they post about it on Facebook (that's the only way I ever find out this kind of crap, cause I just don't talk to anyone face to face lmfao) and like the pictures when the baby is born? I don't know.

I do have a friend from high school who I'm not really close to anymore, but she lost a baby last year and just had a healthy one last month, so I'm definitely really happy for her. I guess that's something.

As for my own birth, I celebrate with cake every year. Duh.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    "Ew that thing looks horrible." As a silent thought, of course. After that, I proceed to appreciate the fact that nothing that huge will ever come out of my genitalia. Then an awkward smile afterwards to seal the deal.

lmao

Literally think this and then congratulate the parents and maybe give them a congratulatory gift.

Last edited:
    Back