• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how do you deal with idiots

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Silently cursing them usually does the trick. They get away from me rather easily, though. Maybe I should stop hanging out with my big, bulky bodyguards friends. Hmm...

Nakala Pri

I don't. xD

And no one in my family tolerates them :P That's why we're cool. >:D

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    There's a couple different categories here. There's the people that try really hard, but can't seem to grasp it, and then there are the people that sit in front of you in your sophomore science class that do nothing but make farting noises with their arms and talk about how "juicy" it sounded. Why yes, that did come from personal experience.

The first kind isn't a problem. I'm a pretty patient person when it comes to people actually trying. I don't care how "good" they are, when they're trying, it's good enough for me.

The latter, however, really gets under my skin. I don't really know how to deal with it, so I ignore it. When your teacher pairs you up with one of those kids in the same science class and I can't ignore it any longer, then we have a problem. Especially when your partner tried to convince you that they somehow managed to get all the way up to sophomore year in high school without being able to read and tries to make you read the instructions to him because he "lost his" within the first five minutes. From my rant you can probably tell how annoyed I get at people like this.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I grab my spoon and stir the pot and watch them burn their mouths when they the broth.

Aka, cause more trouble and watch them get angry for my entertainment.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    How I deal with idiots:

how do you deal with idiots

There are seriously a lot of them here where I live and to be quite honest, they are painful to deal with.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I just play along with them and act dumb, until they go away and my friends and I are just staring at each other like, "Oh my God, did you see that guy?" Sometimes I
    say something smart and nerdy, which is pretty mean but oh well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Learn some patience and humility; just as often you'll be the so-called idiot yourself. Treat everyone and every situation with as much intelligence as you can.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Oh god, so many of these at work. Normally I ignore them or give them a smart alec comment. I try not to get idiots to perturb me, but sometimes they do, especially when they are having ab ad day. Oh, sometimes I just say complicated things that go over their head.

Back