• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you listen to music on your computer?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Of course you listen to music with both headphones and speakers at the same time, but I mean... which of the two options do you prefer?

I prefer listening to music with headphones since well, one of my speakers is kinda broken, which would make the sound quality even worse with only one speaker.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I use my speakers to listen to music, because the headphones tend to keep falling off.

Plus my family doesn't mind my music, so I can turn it up as loud as I want without ruining my ears. :D And also bass, ftw.

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
  • we'll i use my headphones because you get better quallity, and people don't like the music i listen to.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Being someone who enjoys examining every aspect of a musical piece, I say headphones. =Plus, they're really versatile.=

Years
  • I prefer to listen through the speakers so I don't have to wear headphones (they're sort of uncomfortable), but whether I listen to music through headphones or not depends on who's around at the time. Like the computer's in the kitchen, so if my mother's making dinner then I listen through headphones, but if I'm by myself or just my younger siblings then yeah I'll listen through the speakers.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Speakers... I have to MOVE when I listen to certian songs- and most headphones arn't up to the task:p

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Headphones, deff. Mostly because the music I'm into those around me either don't know and/or aren't into, and I don't want to bother them. Plus, I like to actually hear the music straight up to "appreciate" it I guess. That probably sounds corny, oh well. It's just more chill and what not with headphones imo.

Years
  • Headphones are nice if I really want to get into the music, but more often I just want something playing in the background while I do something else so I go with speakers.

Years
  • Concidering I live with my parents at the moment I have to listen to my music with headphones. Though if it were down to me I would listen to them through speakers. Saying that though I'm gonna agree with Scarf and say that listening to them through headphones helps me get deeper into the music so each have they're good points =)

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Headphones. I am usually on my computer at night, and I listen to music then. I don't want to wake the whole house! XD

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • we'll i use my headphones because you get better quallity, and people don't like the music i listen to.

^ Pretty much this. If I were to listen to my music through my speakers, it would have to be LOUD, because metal sounds better like that. :P And um, my family seems to be offended by the music I listen to so yeah; it's become common courtesy use headphones instead.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    It varies, usually I'll listen with headphones because it's the best way to hear the detail; but sometimes it's fun to plug the speakers in and listen to some D'n'B

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Usually speakers for me when it comes to listening on the computer.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • It depends. I prefer listening through headphones, but sometimes I'm too lazy to put them on (like now). Also, I always have my computer playing music as I sleep, so it's headphones off at night because the computer's all the way across the room.

Sometimes headphones irritate my ears and make them itchy, so I don't use them all the time :/ But the sound quality is definitely better with them.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Speakers. I would be way too lazy to plug headphones in every time I listen to music. Also, I really couldn't care less if the music falls a bit short of high quality.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I usually listen to music through my speakers. Since I live alone, I don't have to worry about people complaining about what kind of music I listen to. And it is better that way because then I can dance around. XD

Years
  • Headphones.
    The sound card on my PC was once fried, and although I know it doesn't help, I tend to use my headphones with my new sound card. Although I do like to "move" when I'm listening to my music (techno techno techno!), my headphones are 6 meters in length, so they cater for a bit of head bobbing :P..

Back