• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you make your teams?

Editman

Pokemon Collector
Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I chose Pokemon, that will eventually evolve into, Powerful types (I.E Dratini).

Current Team, on platinum is

Dragonite
    Pidgeot
    Walrein
    Typlosion
    Luxray
    Roserade

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • On platinum I dumpped my piplup in PC
    My team for Leugue 4 was

Pachirisu
    Noctowl
    Lucario
    togetic
    Giratina
    leafeon

most of the time it is pokemon I like

allBlue

legendary cake lover
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    My in game team consists solely of my favorites pokemons. I'm a very picky person and usually when it comes down to a choice I go with the looks. Scizor, Gengar, Milotic, Metagross are pokemons that I consider cool and most of the time they're in my first squad. Not to mention their sprites look awesome in HG/SS. :)
    How do you make your teams?

Years
  • I make mines by strategy. I actually really like all Pokemon, and the ones on my team are also my favorites.

Here they are:

Typhlosion
    Pidegot
    Victreebel
    Poliwrath
    Ampharos
    Dragonite.

Yeah, I love my team :P

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • This sexy lookin' thread belongs in General Pokemon Gaming and because I'm so nice, I'll move it for you. Now, bow before me! n_______n;

Years
  • Most of the time, I just use the Pokemon that I want to use. Except when their movesets would be horribly crippled by overlapping TM requirements.
    And, for some reason, these I'm-in-the-mood-of-...-teams often work better for me than serious ones. Probably because I'm horrible at serious team building.

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
  • I usually go by movesets, and I build on movesets by the stats. And due to the physical and special differentiation, it's much easier.

But getting back to the topic, I think I will be more strategic with HG and SS. On HG im going to build a mono-type team and SS im going to do favorites, but each poke' is going to cover a particular stat.

Years

• As the thread title asks, how do you make your teams?
    Do you pick favorites or make (ugh) strategic teams that have better chances of winning?
    Put down which way, why, and your current team ^^.
    Depends on the purpose of the team.

In-game (storyline):

I pick my favs! :D And I'm not ashamed to use legendaries, either. Lugia has already made the roster for my Soul Silver playthrough. Don't like it? Tough.

Battle Tower (or other Frontier facilities):

You have to have a strategy to be successful in frontier battles. However, it just so happens that a lot of my favorite pokemon just happen to be strong, so I don't have to change up my strategy much. But some of my favs, like Charizard, Blastoise, and others don't quite cut it; other pokemon can do the job better. When you're limited to 3 pokemon, you have to choose 'pokes that are extremely versitile. There's really no time for stall strategies, stealth rock, or any of that stuff. Battle Tower is really different from any other battling enviornment; it requires its own strategy.

tl;dr version: I pick favs when I can, but if there's an extremely versitile/useful pokemon that I don't necessarily like (*cough*infernape*cough*), I'll use it.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • I usually write down a list of six types that all cover eachother's weaknesses. Then I pick Pokemon of each of those types that I haven't used in my teams previously, or that I really like.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Well at the minute I'm considering trying to catch a Mareep in Diamond to replace my Luxray. [I made a vow this time around not to have any of the Pokémon from my last game XD]

Usually the second time around I build a team that covers many groups.for instance at the minute my team is

Gyarados = Water/Flying Type
    Torterra = Ground/Grass Type
    Espeon = Psychic Type
    Luxray = Electric Type
    Dewgong= Water/Ice Type
    Honchkrow= Dark/Flying Type

[I love my Honchkrow, but strangely I HATED my murkrow to begin with. But it grew on me [Literally, with an Exp. Share]]

Espeon is replacing my Chimecho because I prefer Espeon cause it's just super fast ;D

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I usually go by the type they are I make sure I have atleast one water,fire and grass type in my team =/ and aslo an electric type.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I usually go by my favorites throughout the region/game. Starter is first, then the "route 1" bird, followed by a water type [magikarp], a cool looking pokemon, a dragon, and another flying type.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2010

As the thread title asks, how do you make your teams?
    Do you pick favorites or make (ugh) strategic teams that have better chances of winning?
    Put down which way, why, and your current team ^^.
    I try to balance my team out i try to teach them different moves that are very effective and i also give them items to maximize their strenght. I also like big pokemon like dragonite.

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
  • I center my team around a few of my favorites, and then pick Pokemon I like that can assist them and increase their chances of winning. You want the best for your favorites, right? ;] I also expereiment with other Pokemon to see how they do around my favorites. Sometimes I discover new ones I never would have thought I would have liked!

My EV trained team for Pearl is Garchomp, Ninjask, Spiritomb, Togekiss, Infernape and Starmie. Can't wait to transfer them to SS!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I go by favorites.

Games I'm currently playing:

Platinum Team:
    Roserade
    Empoleon
    Luxray
    Moltres
    Glaceon
    Larvitar (Power-leveling for a Tyranitar)

LeafGreen:
    Charizard
    Raichu
    Victreebell
    Vaporeon
    Hypnos
    Last slot changes...

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2010
    I always keep the Starter and make sure i have a fire, water, and grass type. I also must have a pokemon with fly and surf. They usually are all my favorites (too bad you can only carry six at a time) xD

My team right now would be:

Meganium (Favorite)
    Slowbro (Favorite)
    Houndoom (Favorite)
    Miltank (Favorite)
    Forretress (Favorite)
    Dragonite (Favorite)

All are pretty durable for the most part and gotta have a sweeper :D

Back