• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you think they will get rid of Ash's Z-Ring?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
Yeahhhh I don't see it being used beyond the Alola region, unless Galar has some loophole, somehow. Even then I'd prefer if the Z ring was exclusively for Alola.

Yeah. I don't expect Z-Moves to come back in the Gen 8 anime, but I believe that Z-Moves will be in Sword & Shield. Making it an Alola only feature makes no sense.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Yeah. I don't expect Z-Moves to come back in the Gen 8 anime, but I believe that Z-Moves will be in Sword & Shield. Making it an Alola only feature makes no sense.

I didn't mean exclusive in the games, but rather, exclusively native in the region. I think they can return to future games as a small cameo or as obtainable in the post game.

But, region wise, I don't think they should be found natively to Galar; I think they would have to still come from Alola first, because from what I can tell, it's more culturally impacted in Alola, ie, Alolan legends found in the Malie Library indicate that Solgaleo/Lunala gifted the Tapunium Z to the guardian deities after fighting against the Ultra Beasts.

But this was all besides my main point anyway; I don't see Ash using Z moves in Galar.

Last edited:

remer

The Warrior
Years
I have another opinion in this.What if Ash keeps the z-ring and takes it to Galar,but only use it when it is a big battle or after some time?Just like he had a strong Charizard in Johto but only used it against strong trainers?

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
I have another opinion in this.What if Ash keeps the z-ring and takes it to Galar,but only use it when it is a big battle or after some time?Just like he had a strong Charizard in Johto but only used it against strong trainers?

Zard in johto was another story... it was definitely beyond ash's level of experience to properly obey. They brought it back in gen 5.

Ash's old stuff is usually just safe at Oak's lab, as seen all the time in the anime whenever Ash goes back, so that would make sense that Z moves would see a return in Gen 8. Not to mention, their impact is too strong to just not be there. (Not to mention if z-moves were removed then there would be no possibility of Ultra-Necrozma). That being said, I think ash should take his Z-ring with him to Galar nd use it in battle! He may have to get permission from Tapu Koko or Hala to take it with him, however.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Yeah, I think he'll just leave it at his house in Kanto. I can't see it breaking , or anything. Ash leaves his older badges with is mom at home, right? So, perhaps he'll do the same w/the z ring.

Perhaps, maybe when if he takes it to Galar, he'll discover z-moves don't work there instead, if he doesn't' leave it at home?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
It would be kind of a waste to leave all of those crystals and the z-ring behind. Especially since he'll obviously be taking pikachu with him. I'm guessing, though, it would take too much of the anime's time to teach any new pokemon he has the z moves (as it apparently takes a huge amount of time, dedication, and energy to properly pull off).

so far we haven't seen zrings on the trainers from the trailer so we'll see if they'll even be a thing in Galar.

Back