• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How fast do you reply to your VM's/PM's?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    I try to respond to VMs/PMs as soon as possible, sometimes I do feel lazy and leave them for a couple of hours or so. Usually when I'm prompted to reply, I try to make my response as meaningful as possible, but sometimes, just as a friendly gesture, like "hey, how are you today?" and stuff like that.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
    I try to reply as soon as I can, otherwise I feel bad. I mean, I'll definitely read it immediately, but if I'm in the middle of something, I may quickly finish that up and then reply. I dunno, it depends on what it says, I guess. If it's important, then I'll prolly reply immediately.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I've kinda given up on vms.

I mean, yeah, I'll respond to important stuff, but if it's like a one-liner like "hi", I'll look at it and be like "okay I'll reply to it later..." and then other people vm with other stuff which I reply to and before I know it, weeks have passed. :D; I feel bad for not replying to vms, but I'd rather not reply to people after like, 3 weeks, so... well, actually it'd be more than over a month now. If people want me to reply, if I haven't replied in ages, then they can just comment on my profile again so I'm less lazy! It's not that I want to ignore people, but... yeah. And even for non-one liners, I'm still lazy. BUT THERE IS SOMETHING THAT I WILL REPLY TO! Which is if it relates to help with making B/W threads, posts, or help around PC. :3 And my current vms, idk why I reply to them, but I do!

As for PMs, I LOVE getting PMs, so I'll usually reply to them quickly, or if it's with someone I talk to often on MSN, I'll contact them on MSN. But seriously, I do love PMs mainly because of the bold username under the PM title meaning I'm more likely to reply, whereas in vms, there's no formatting, which is a really weird reason, and also the fact that PMs are pop-up notifications too. /kinda crazy so what

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Replying to VM/PMs is the first thing I do after logging in. Sometimes I forget to reply to some of them ..and.. :|
    But it kinda depends ..on my mood and stuff.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    If I'm online, I'm pretty quick to reply. When I sign on though, my first priority is to handle any reports I have before VMs/PMs. PMs are next because they usually contain important matters. And then VMs are last since they're just general chit-chat. But yeah, I'm usually very quick to reply to everything I get.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    It depends, really. Sometimes I can be really lazy and reply over a day later after reading my VMs, or sometimes when I feel hyper/energetic I will reply straight away. Sometimes it even depends on the person I don't really reply to stalkers until later. o/ PMs I usually reply to straight away.

Kelp

<3
    Years
    For both, if I don't reply by the time I log off, I'll probably forget I need to reply. x)

So as with a lot of people, I usually do all that stuff before I browse the forums.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Blaaah I'm so bad with them! Usually I'll get some and I'll be on top of things, but then i'll get busy and not be able to sign on for a couple of days or so or i'll just plain forget and by then the convo is pretty much dead haha. and I feel weird being like "HI. SORRY I DIDN'T RESPOND 5 WEEKS AGO. SUP?" so I just drop it.

I miss getting pms. they're so much fun and I would always get back to those asap. but now with VMs, PMs are barely used anymore :'(

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Sometimes I answer right away, some times it takes days. xD;

It really depends on my mood.

Years
    It always depends on what it relates to. :)

This mostly pertains to conversations, but I spend a lot of time and thought into my replies, and won't send it unless I'm happy with the outcome. I wouldn't want to reply back and have very little content sent so that it wastes time and space to whom I've given it to, so I try to make it as worth while as possible, even if it takes me weeks or months to finish it. I never mean to make it look like I'm ignoring anyone when I do this, it's just an ongoing habit when it comes to posts in general. If it's a request from someone however, my replies are immediate and quickly written so I could get started on it right away.

Last edited:

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
    When I log on I always reply to my pm/vms. if i'm already on I will answer them when I see them.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I become happy when I get a PM or two. I always respond to them, even if it's late late night and I get a notification on my phone. Try PMing me and I will respond to you like lightning.

For VMs, I don't do those. I disabled them.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Usually I respond to PM/VMs fairly quickly. While I don't prioritize them, I do reply to them rapidly enough as I see fit. Typically this varies wildly depending on my mood, and what device I'm logged in with. I typically don't reply when using mobile devices unless my laptop isn't going to be in reach or it's important to me that I reply.

I'm friendly and outgoing...When I want to be. Otherwise I can be a quiet person, typically because I really don't always see the need to be so social unless it's with someone I happen to care for. The more social I am towards you, the more I happen to trust you.

Back