• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How has anime impacted your life?

ashe-chan

Dalmascan Princess
    Years
    wow, how has it affected my life? well i know so many new words that id never know before and well if it werent for anime then i wouldnt have one of my fave hobbies which is drawing anime

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    I don't think anime has impacted me to a extremely deep level, but it has exposed me to some amazing storytelling and interesting ideas. I am a creative person and there are so many things that are different and wild that have come out of anime. Just the concept of Pokemon is pretty out there. I love that about anime. It gets you thinking, and is definitely a nice escape.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I have all of my friends thanks to getting into anime, because before that I was mostly a loner aside from having a couple of semi-friends. Come to find out, those semi-friends were into it as well as we got closer and met other people, etc. Even though my friends and I are all into it, it's by far not the only thing we talk about but it was definitely an ice breaker at first, and way to get closer.

I've also learned a lot of morals and values from it. My family was never really the type to get into vocalizing those types of things, so a lot of it I picked up from lessons or advice that would come up in certain series. Usually those 'slice of life' ones. As a result I always get compliments on how nice I am, and etc, and it used to be something that was a practice, but now it's just how I am. =w=b

Someone I know IRL compares me to Tohru in Fruits Basket, except less of a spazz.
    I guess that's a good thing, there are worse characters or series to be compared to.. xD;

Nam

Years
    Well, I spend a lot of time in my head, so I haven't really learned much from anime. It just confirmed my beliefs. But it did change me somehow.

Aside from making me realize how boring life is, compared to anime; it has made me want to be a better person. Mainly Bleach, Naruto, and Dragon Ball Z. These shows taught me to never give up. They showed me the power of a person's Will to succeed. I may be naive, but I think I truly believe that a battle depends on your resolution. It has taught me that friends are there to make life interesting, without them we are nothing. For those who don't have a reason, friends are their reason to keep living. I can almost assure you all that at-least half the people who committed suicide, did it because life was boring. I hate boredom, I think it's the worst torture in the world.

If you want, I'll share with you something I wrote a few years ago. I wrote this, I think after I watched an episode of Bleach:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
    Other than impacting my fashion choices *slightly*, and taking up...well, a lot of my time, not much. It's purely something I watch for entertainment value.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Anime introduced me to magic and wonder in my childhood, and is the reason for a lot of my interests being what they are today. For that, I'm eternally grateful.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Kind of, they taught me some things when it comes to romance and relationships, and sometimes they help me overcome those problems too. ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Hm... I dont think it's been a HUGE impact... But the anime I grew up with deffinetly defines how I look at people. For instance, all of my favorite guys were tough. Therefore, when I get a boyfriend... He can't be a push over, or a lazy kid. I hate to say it, but thats sort of how it is~ :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    I love anime. It brings out the child inside of me. Watching anime is also a bonding time in our house.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
    well,it made my imagination wider..helped me to write stories and also made me learn a lot about people's characters..but also kept me away from people as it was only me and sis likes to watch anime while others hated it..

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    It basically gave birth to my imagination all those years ago and still remains a pretty big part of my life interest wise.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It hasn't, any more than watching anything else would. It's just the format I prefer for visual entertainment.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    It made me much more aware of my surroundings, and even taught me to be nicer, aha! It's so weird, I've even been eating more Asian food because of it as well. XD It's also made me anticipate romance and the such, and has gotten me into reading books and my interest in fantasy/magic all over again! I even study for my tests(because asian people are smart and i wanna beat them, haha, jk...) at school. I can't deny that I really like how everything is coming out! But I do hate how it kinda takes over my life as well, as I watch quite a bit everyday. But it's alright because i'm even thinking about getting a job as a bagger at a new grocery store opening up by my house! I saw an anime where a girl was working at a grocery store, and it made me want to earn my own money and work at a grocery store too! Weirrddddd!!!

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
    Anime has been surrounding me my whole life. I used to visit my older cousin's when I was little and she watched Inuyasha among other things. As a kid I always had Dragon Ball and Pokémon, so I knew it had always been "cool". As I got older I watched so many animes to the point I watched adult (X) rated anime;

so anime has kinda made my life different for better and worse. I was fascinated by Japan for so long that my family basically stopped talking to me; the only ones I can talk to are my grandparents and my father. I took Japanese in high school, ate Asian foods, and even started acting like anime characters.

On the good side, I met some good friends along the way and have met a few girls with common interests. It also has made my game developing skills improve tenfold.

I thank you anime, yet curse you at the same time.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Anime has impacted my life by making poor or almost poor everytime I get money because I always have to buy something Pokemon related. I got 95 dollars today and I already spent some of it on a Drilbur doll and when I get to the Pokemon Center when I get back to NYC, I will spend the rest in there as well.

:t354:TG

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
    Years
    I wouldn't say it's really impacted my life a whole lot. It gave me something to do when I really didn't have anyone I could relate to in High School so that was a couple of years without a social life. It probably seemed like I was addicted to it to the point of not having a social life but it was just that I didn't see anybody at school that I could really relate to and I'm quite an introverted person anyway.

It's different these days but the stories and worlds that I've seen in anime have influenced my imagination and fantasies. It's also been something to talk about and something I can use to relate to other people with.

Back