• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How has this forum affected you?

Sorano

幸福☆
Years
  • I was only 11 years old when I first joined, so I can't really remember what I was like back then and how joining PC has changed me from then on. However, I have met some wonderful friends here. Although some I've stopped talking to, I am glad to have met them and shared some good times with them. Some of the friends I have met here were some of the best friends that I have ever met in my life. I wish people who are opposed to talking to people online, or joining forums or anything related to that would be able to see the friendships that people have made here, and realize how wonderful they really are. ♥

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    It's made me take better caution using grammar.

I've met lots of people from all over the world on here.

There's never a day when no one comes on.

Also i seem to be a bit more quite at school i'm all pooped out from posting here XD

People making freinds easily it's great ;)
    Thanks PC....
    and Josephine for making this thread:P

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    It's certainly proven to me that certain niche groups don't get away from their yes-crowd. Like DeviantArt, I only find swarms of people who chant praise over and over.

It's just a little depressing to see others so willing to sagnate budding artists with undue praise so early on. It's like saying a seed is an absolutely beautiful flower, but it hasn't even taken root yet.

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    hmmm.....i have been on it alot longer than when i just joined here..... it really has'nt done much to me :/

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years

• It's done nothing to calm my occasional hyperactivity

It's helped me improve my writing skills with roleplays, and...um, taught me quite a bit about graphics through the Graphics and Photography forum. But it hasn't really affected my grades much, unlike a few other people, just gave me something to do when I was bored xD

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I haven't changed much, except for the fact that I no longer use chat speak and numbers in my post.

however, I have made some of the best friends ever. a lot of people have affected me more than they really know, even if we didn't talk too much. I cherish everyone of my best friends I made on this forum, they've gotten me through some tough times when I couldn't turn to my IRL friends. I've been friends with some for a year and others for 3 years, but either way my life wouldn't be the same without them!

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • Yeah, this forum affected me much. My English grammar was improved because I kept on posting here, and my boring days has turned into successful one. This forum never cease to amuse me. ^_^

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • This forum made me appreciate message boards again. After the forum I had been apart of shut down (after 5+ years and 12,000 posts) I was pretty much adrift without a site to anchor me down. PC is becoming that site.

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
  • when i first joined this site, i felt like "finally, this looks like somewhere i can post regularly!!" cause this site is about so much more than pokémon. it's about people, too! ^__^ and i wish i could talk to some of my (at present) 59 freinds more, but sadly i don't talk to some much..

nevertheless though, i love this site! before i was what a i like to call "an internet drifter" XD just going through pokemon sites like serebii and bulbagarden, but this is the one i always come back to.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Aside from my grades dropping being here improved me.

First off my grammar has improved since I joined. It's far from perfect but it's legible enough to be read. Another thing that has changed is my attitude towards things--can't explain that.
    There's more than just that but those are the ones that affected me the most.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Yep, this forum affected me, not for grammar, well forums do improve my grammar but my grammar gets improved in an other forum. This forum, well, I got friends is one thing (obviously) and it makes time fly! Well, basically thats the internet but this is a part of the internet. Every time I look at the clock half an hour has past unless i'm not using my computer. xD So... yeah, thats pretty much it.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Er, PC, changed my life? lol Well yeah I guess, it has gotten me interested in a couple of different things like Rom Hacking, Web Design, and Graphic Design. So, thanks PC! lol

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • PC has given me a place to forget everything that's happening in the "real" world. It is my escape from reality in some ways. I can just forget about that Geometry test that I had trouble on or the drama surrounding my friends. I can't really explain it anymore than that. It's also helped my grammar, improved my graphics skills, andandand has given me more friends from around the planet. There are negative changes from this forum, but the positives outweigh them drastically. :]]

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    PC Has Helped Me. :D;;;;

PC has helped me alot. I've really learned better grammar, even if it doesn't show all the time xD. PC has also boosted my self-esteem, and helped me realize people will take for who I am (And nothing else) and won't make fun of me. Members here at PC have helped me learn that it's what inside that counts, not your face behind the screen or your wealth, riches, etc... More friends have been made, and I overall think PC has done some great things for me. Also, here, I don't have to be embarassed about being in 8th grade and liking Pocket Monsters. :D

Back