• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How is your Self-esteem at the moment?

Sorvete

Novice
Years
  • Do you respect your personality, your appearance, your everyday life decisions? How do you feel about yourself in general?

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen today
    Personality wise I feel okay. I'm not easily angered by anything, which is a trait that's helped immensely so far.

Hygienically, I still take care of myself. Though I also now look tired much of the time. So I'm not fond of my appearance anymore.

I'm glad I could get myself into a college immediately post-graduation, though as far as the work goes, it's more than anything I expected.

TY

It's still pretty high despite the things that have happened lately. Still feel highly confident in myself for some reason.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Generally I feel that I'm a good-for-nothing, dime-a-dozen sort of person and that if I were never born or were to just disappear tomorrow nobody and nothing would be any worse off for it. It doesn't always show, nor does it always effect everything I do or is constantly in my head, but that's what I feel deep down.

Satire

let’s get this bread
    Years
  • lol what self esteem

On a more serious note, I've always had nihilistic tendencies and overall see no point to life whatsoever. I don't consider my physical appearance to be pleasing most of the time, but I like my personality so that's a win I suppose.

Years
  • My self esteem is non existent.
    But I don't really talk about it because I know it'll push people away if I'm always going on about my flaws.
    Plus it could be interpreted as "fishing for compliments"

Years
  • This will be a lot easier as a list:

Looks: Sometimes I look in the mirror and its just like
    Spoiler:
    Most of the time, however, I like my face and would never trade it. But people my own age have no appreciation for fine wines, the peasants, and are committed to ignoring me.

Personality: I'm not entirely enamoured with myself, for there's a lot wrong in the old personality department. I do like myself, but certainly not all of the time.

Generally: Here's a crappy homemade rap-thing that clarifies things a bit

Spoiler:

... basically I am fascinated by myself but terrified that I'll find out things that I don't want to know. Sometimes I despise myself, and other times I'm almost in love. Every sentiment I have has a contradiction to match. I am every bit as cruel as I am kind, and every bit as bland as I am interesting. Arrogant and insecure. Empathetic and indifferent. I'm going to make someone very happy and very miserable some day, and chances are they don't deserve me at all and yet will be far too good for me.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • my self esteem is okay. it could be better, i guess. idk. i'm a pretty interesting person when you get to know me, i'll admit that. i'm funny and loyal and kind and a good friend. but since im super quiet at first, no one really takes the chance to get to know me because i have my walls up i guess. irl at least.

but i mean. my self esteem is okay? it could be better. somedays im pretty confident in myself. somedays im not. it just depends i guess.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • It really depends on my mood. There are things about myself I don't like. Most of my self-esteem issues are often drive by my anxiety. It has a tendency to make me feel really bad about myself or worry that I'm not good enough or something. I mean, I'm always trying so hard to positive about 95% of the time... but deep down, I still wish I wasn't always worrying. Like, there are just things I simply can't do that I wish I could do. It makes it super hard on my self-esteem because then my anxiety triggers me into realizing I'm not like others, and that I'll never BE like others... no matter how hard I try. I also do try to be more like myself, but that does get me into trouble as well.

TL;DR: It varies.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Top tier self esteem. Throw everyone at me, and I will come out unscathed. People's judgments and opinions don't affect me at all. unless of course it ruins my life.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    Much better. A few years ago I thought I was as gross, creepy, and dumb as people said I was. As I opened up and made more friends, things got better. I realized my strengths and accepted my shortcomings.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • It could be better. Because of my trichotillomania, i've pulled out a lot of hair on the front of my head, making it look really messed up. Obviously it's not permanent but it sucks waiting for it to grow back... :(

Back