• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How likely are you to tell others that you're a Pokemon fan IRL?

Years
    • Age 33
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I unapologetically wear Pokemon shirts and march. I don't mind people in my life knowing I like Pokemon and talking to them about it. :)

I won't bring it up unprovoked though lol.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Yeah, no one in my town really 'cares' if i'm a pokemon fan or not. I just tell them all and they all seem pretty cool about it :P

Years
  • Uh, well, if it cropped up in the conversation then yeah, but I wouldn't blurt it out on its own. There's no shame in it, at least. It's a phenomenon! Like cats, except not crappy.

But if I was trying to charm someone who was more mature, I wouldn't mention it nor any other thing that could be misconstrued as being childish. That's just me being a creep, though. Ah yeah.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 7, 2019
    Very likely - I'm not easily embarrassed. Just today I went to the library and took out a copy of My Girlfriend is a T-Rex. When the librarian saw the title we both just laughed it off.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • It's not like the first thing I tell everybody is that I'm a Pokémon fan, but I'm not exactly hiding it either. I mean, I've been playing Pokémon games during my breaks at my uni. xD

A funny story is that I was making a map on my laptop in the bus last week and the guy next to me recognized the FRLG tiles I was using. It was the perfect ice-breaker for a good chat we had for the next ~20 minutes before we got to his stop!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2018
    Seeing as how my wedding band has pikachu, bulbasaur, squirtle, and charmander on it i am not shy in the the slightest.

Back