• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How many hours did you put in gsc before it stop saving

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I'm up to 900 hours on crystal. At 550 I had to replace my internal battery. I backed it on the cp first though re-wrote the save.

Poke'Master24

Got my Wi-Fi Jirachi
    Years
    you guys should invest in a monster brain. I use it to keep all my saves safe, and if the batteries ever go out, you just replace them and you can get your file back.

FireShock

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    My longest was Gold at 450 and it never died on me as a matter of fact my only game to have a internal battery die was Yellow which stopped working at 45-50.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    I own Yellow, Red, Blue, Silver, and Crystal..and they're all working except for Yellow, which has some weird problems on it. I can't even estimate how many hours I put into those games...haha.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    My Silver has made it around 150 hours, the longest I have put into any. (I restart games too much to get a long time in them)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I think about 150–200 in Crystal, and the battery is still live.

I've got a soldering iron so I could always change it if I want to anyway.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I was somewhere between my 400th and 500th hour in Silver before it died on me. I remember being really sad that day; it almost felt like someone died because of my general mood. :O

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I had roughly 150-200 hours on my Silver & Yellow
    Though I didn't have Crystal long enough to have many hours on it..

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    My Gold is still running, but I dunno exactly how long it's been.

I know I've gone through it 3 times already, so 22*3+15=86 hours for me. I got it from someone else a while ago who has beaten it a couple times well, so I can't do much better than that as an estimate.

And even if it dies, I can just swap out the save battery and Gameshark all my Pokemon back in. I'd have to start my adventure over, but after I beat it again, I'll probably just restart anyway.

Ayselipera

I have Yellow, Blue, Gold, Silver, and Crystal. They are all still thriving. ;)

Years
    545:23 on my poor dead Silver, 244:39 on my poor (almost) dead Crystal.

129:53 on my Gold, whose battery was replaced a few months ago. :D (It was my TM farm before my other two died, so I dunno how many hours it had in total.)

R/B/Y all work perfectly fine. My Red has about 60 hours on it, and my former speedrun Blue has 18 or so hours. Yellow, I haven't played it since 2001 but it works >.>;

hectord25

It's so Dark here
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    These cartrigdes die?I`m playing Gold with 170 hours,but this never hace stopped of saving.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I think my Silver is dead. It restarts every once in a while. But it could be because I hacked it...

However, my Crystal still works (though it doesn't like to cooperate with my Pokémon Stadium 2 GBT).

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Aint dead yet?
    put its getting glitchy ... soo i might be diening soon

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    I played Crystal for 200+ hours in just my original file, had it for almost a decade and it works perfectly fine. Silver does too.

Weird

Lazy Guy
    Years
    My Gold and Silver cartridges are playing fine, but my Crystal cartridge stopped working after 150 hours ( my neightbour destroyed it with one of his crazy ideas)

Back