• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How many of you..

Have you used third party programs?

• Yes, and it enhanced my gaming experience

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Yes, and I regret it

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • No, I have no interest in doing so / it's unfair and I would never

Votes: 45 40.2%
  • No, but i would try it

Votes: 20 17.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortal_one

Math is power.
Years
  • I have used a third party program in the past, but it was just for fun, I didn't gain an advantage over someone with it because I didn't use that cartridge in real battles.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I used to use my AR then i dropped my DS and it broke so i said forget it and stated my game over and I will never use an AR for my pokemon Diamon ever again. It just takes the fun out of it =|

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    yes i used to AR i totally regret it because i was stupid and put too many codes in at one time and now i cant go into my medicine pocket without my game freezing.

NeotyKairyu

That's it, I'm leaving PC...
    Years
  • :O

Well, I did use it on my Diamond. My brother did on Pearl... but it got no fun. At all. Well, there is he part where we make Pokemon to send to the Ranch. So I decided I'd never EVER use cheats on Platinum. Unless I get stuck, my Pokemon are too weak, etc. :D :|

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2009
    I hope I never have to use third-party programs. They're so heavily criticized and are a real pain in the neck to people who take battling seriously. ;/

But where I live, events rarely happen and when they do happen, I never can go. :x So perhaps..

Years
  • I hope I never have to use third-party programs. They're so heavily criticized and are a real pain in the neck to people who take battling seriously. ;/

But where I live, events rarely happen and when they do happen, I never can go. :x So perhaps..

As long as the hacked pokemon have reasonable IV's and EV's and no moves that they normally can't use, I seriously don't understand everyone's problem with it. It saves so much time of mindless breeding and grinding. I don't think people who battle with notice nor care that you use hacked pokemon, as long as they are the same as regular pokemon - just minus all the work to get perfect IV's and EV's.

ivanedu

exxpierienced /master trainer
    Years
  • well ive got m AR an i really woul appretiate if you could give me the diamond coning code and the instructions of how to use it .... please ! beg U

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I never cheated in any of my pokemon games and probably never will. I'm not risking all my pokemon.

There's no risk to it. Anybody who lost Pokemon when using any cheat device didn't lose it because of the device, but because they were being stupid.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Well, I've never really bothered looking for cheating devices, namely Gameshark and Action reply, but even if I did I really don't like the idea of using them. I don't care whether or not someone uses them, but I prefer to obtain them without the use of cheating Devices. Though, I'll admit that I would love to use one once I can't seem to find whatever I'm looking for.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I used action replay DS to obtain event pokemons and some shiny pokemon.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • I seriously don't understand everyone's problem with it. It saves so much time of mindless breeding and grinding. I don't think people who battle with notice nor care that you use hacked pokemon, as long as they are the same as regular Pokemon - just minus all the work to get perfect IV's and EV's.

Quick Breeding Code & Quick Egg hatch and using Pokesav to view IV's is atleast fast and efficient while keeping things legit, much better than completely making Pokemon.

No one can say "Oh I made a Pokemon but the IV's are random so it's okay" Because as much as you deny it, people ALWAYS give better than average IV's like no stat below 27 etc.

That's not random.

Nothing beats the satisfaction of breeding a Pokemon yourself where to your surprise later it ends up with IV's like 29/31/30/31/30/27 and you can say to your self "This is my legit Pokemon that I bred"

Does not matter if it takes time, if you don't have that time then maybe it's just not the game for you.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • I've only used my AR to hatch eggs quickly, have Pokemon breed quickly, and get Rare Candies and Master Balls. XD; So no, nothing game-ruining worthy.

Years
  • My friend let me use his AR when I first got Pearl, and I loved it! So I bought my own AR and now I have over 800 codes for it! But, it got boring, so I started a new game, and now I'm going through the whole thing without the AR.

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    I used an ar for checking pokemon Ivs, getting rare candies, and setting pokemon for Ev training. Other than that I didn't really use it much.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I haven't ever used an AR, mainly because I have no idea where to get one. However, I wouldn't use it very much; too scared of messing up my game XD
    I have considered using an emulator to play G/S/C, but for starters, they're illegal, I think, and I'd be too scared of messing up my laptop, so I really doubt I'll ever use one, especially if they're bringing out remakes. ^_^
    xX

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back