• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How many times will you play through the game?

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
  • How many times will you be playing through HG/SS? Personally, I'll play through it over and over til all my desired Pokemon are Lv.100 and I have HoF data with all of them. Also, by playthrough I mean start in New Bark, trvael through the region and rebattle the Trainers (V.S. Seeker FTW!!!)

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I'll play through Heart Gold once. Just getting the Hall of Fame to 1,000 wins.
    I'll play through Soul Silver about 3 times. I'll soft restart to get the starters as shinies.
    Soul Silver will obviously be my trading about.

Steeldude

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I'll play the Japanese vesion only once
    English version probably more times (along with Platinum, which I haven't finished yet)

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • HeartGold (which I'll be getting for myself) I'll only play through once. I'll make it my Main Game, much like Platinum is in my DPPt collection. Then I'm going to ask for SoulSilver for my birthday and have that as my mucking around/trading/whatever game. =)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Two: one in Spanish and then one in English XD

Probably I'll choose a different version for each run.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I tend to play only once through Pokemon games... that is unless the save date gets corrupt somehow.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Knowing me, I'll probably play through it a multiple of times, three times for the least. Seeing as I'll have both versions, I may just use SoulSilver as my main game, while I'll play through HeartGold as much as I wish to or need to. This way I know I'll have all more important items and Pokémon saved onto one game without having to worry about losing them.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    I remember when I got silver on GB, I played it 100+ times and finished it every time, guess I'll do the same with Soul Silver. :)

LilPotts

Hi!
    Years
  • With ss (if i get it) Ill play thru once until a new game comes out for ds so i can trade my good pokemon onto that. then play ss again a few times

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
    Years
  • SoulSilver: Once (in English and, hopefully, in Japanese)
    HeartGold: 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 (or until bored)

Atomika

Installing Gravity
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    maybe 3 or 4 times... first few times I wont cheat then I prolly will after i send over my others from the other games ect

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    If I get both, then one will be played only once and the other will be played countless times.

If I only get one, then I'll probably play it other anyway. Depends on how much I want to replay the whole game.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I'll probably play it three times to have a chance with each Starter Pokemon. After that, I would just go my usual way of siding with the Fire-type Pokemon.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • I'm only planning on buying one game, but I'll probably buy the other one in the end to get all the Johto, Hoenn and Kanto starters and endlessly restart.

Back