• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How many tries did it take you to beat Brawly?

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    I know tht it takes a zillion tries to beat brawly.lol im asking how many tries.
    it took me 14..?
    Lol.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    On my new Emerald save file I beat him in one try lol - Taillow rocks when you're battling him xD

When I was trying to beat him on a ROM though I failed like 15 times or something xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2010
    It took me only one try to beat Brawly the Gym leader of Dewford city.I defeated it with my Pikachu.

Years
    It depends on what kind of team I am using. Most of the time I just skip him, do the Slateport and most of the Mauville stuff first, then fight him and then have to grind to the high 30s because all teams I build in this games are horribly Wattson weak

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Torchic can learn Peck. That's all, my friends XD

When I chose Mudkip, I caught a Ralts and kept training it in the cave nearby. That's another useful solution.

VCaliber

The Cutest (=
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    My first run through, it took me several tries. Now I can beat him easily, last time I used Combusken + Focus Energy + Peck.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Usually takes me 3-4 tries.

I end up not being high leveled enough, so I take advantage of the experience I gained from his first two to make it easier to take down his third Pokemon.

Back