• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much do you care about your hair?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Basically the title.

Do you wash/shampoo it often - if so how often? Do you pay attention to split ends? Do you cut your hair often? Do you dye it often? Do you change the style of it? Do you do anything else to your hair? Are you pleased with how your hair is right now? And so on! Anything else you can think of, add on.

Don't answer in lists, just sorta describe. :3

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I don't really care much about my hair much. I wash and shampoo it about at least once or twice a week. I don't like how it looks after I get out the shower though. It looks big and puffed up so that's probably why I dont wash it much.

Years
    Do you wash/shampoo it often - if so how often? A couple of times a week.

Do you pay attention to split ends? No.

Do you cut your hair often? Once every 6 - 8 weeks I think.

Do you dye it often? Never.

Do you change the style of it? Well I usually have a short hair cut so there's not really much to do as far as styling is concerned. As my hair grows out I sometimes slick it back.

Do you do anything else to your hair? No.

Are you pleased with how your hair is right now? Sure.

And so on! Anything else you can think of, add on. No.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My hair defines my look! It's pretty much the only thing I really care about these days appearance wise (that's not to say I don't like dressing nice if I'm going out, but that comes somewhat naturally). If I'm not happy with the way my hair looks, I'm a beast. I'm hideous and looking at me will send children shouting for the hills so no one is allowed to look at me who doesn't live with me and I don't go out. If I like the way it looks, I have huuuuge amounts of self-esteem and I expect people to be thinking how attractive I am in their heads! Conceited of me? OH WELL!!!!

I wash my hair everyday, which is important to note because I don't wash everyday. I shower every other day, but I wash my hair in the sink on the days that I don't shower, or just stick my head in the shower and wash my hair that way. It has very little to do with caring about my hair to such a degree that I need to wash it everyday but more-so because I'm laying in bed and my head suddenly gets itchy. I cannot fall asleep if my head is itchy and it's the only thing I concentrate on until I finally decide to sacrifice my exhaust and do something about it. Washing fixes that! I don't even know what a split end looks like. I cut my hair whenever I want it cut. It could take a few weeks, or a few months. It just depends on what look I want and if I feel like going to get my hair cut.

When I have short hair, I stick bangs up. When I have a little bit longer than short hair, I have a faux-hauk with the top of my hair being a bit messy. When I have medium-legnth I try to accomplish a faux-haux as best I can, but it never cooperates with me and I just end up getting mad and washing my hair and just going with whatever.

Am I happy with my hair right now at this exact moment? No!! I want a haircut and makes me look uglier than I actually am! I can't even really style it right now b'awwww.

Last edited by a moderator:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    I love my hair. I will never dye it, for it damages it, and I take a shower every day, so I wash it once every day around late afternoon. I never pay attention to split ends honestly, and I rarely cut my hair. Last time I cut my hair was last year, so I cut my hair once every year. I don't pay attention to hairstyles, I find them more of a time waster. I prefer simply, straight hair or simple ponytail guy or gal than one who took hours fixing it. No use if you're going to destroy it anyway.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I care a lot about my hair, and I wash it 3 times a week. I have long hair, and I don't suit short hair at all. I often refuse a haircut.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I'd rather be bald. My hair is too much maintenance, my scalp itches constantly despite washing, and it grows in totally uneven so it makes me look unkempt, which I feel has cost me a couple of potential jobs. I have to cut it every 3-4 weeks since if I don't it just starts looking horrible. I like to keep it cropped short... it's the only way it looks passable.

Years
    I do love my hair. I shampoo and condition every morning. I brush my hair after and usually pin, clip, or tie it into a style I want, sometimes because I want it to look that way and sometimes just until it dries in a certain shape or direction if I just want it to hang normally. I often stop to run my fingers through my hair and make sure everything is okay with it. Even if I just ponytail it up for the day I still think about it and play with it. Aside from that I don't do much. I should cut it more often so it will grow well, but I don't get split ends much and so I just let it grow and grow. I would never dye it though. I like the color too much.

Alec Empire

Are you ready to testify?
    Years
    I don't care about my hair in the slightest bit. I have an afro, and it makes my head quite hot in the summer.
    I have an itchy scalp, and I occasionally get flakes if I don't shampoo twice every week(which I hardly do).
    I'm probably just going to cut all of this hair. It's a pain to have.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
    I do not really care much about my hair. I'm really the stereotype of a hippie when it comes to that. I hardly put any maintenance into it, and it just looks dirty and unkempt in general. Just the way I like it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I don't really care what it looks like, but I care if it's clean and I like it being a nice colour. Style doesn't really matter to be though :3 I keep it blacky purple by dying it somewhat regularly but I don't really style it... I usually brush it but that's about it :3 As far as washing/shampooing it goes, I wash it at least once a day, sometimes twice, and I usually use conditioner too just so it feels soft when I run my hands through it :3

Years
    If I cared more about my hair, I would've had it cut ages ago. It's just a big blah right now. It's almost to my shoulders. It should've been cut two months ago. Lately I've been getting it cut to my hairline, layered in the back, with bangs and a bit cut out around my ears. It's cute enough when it's short, but looks like a mullet after awhile, and then just turns into the mess it is now.

It gets shampooed every time I take a shower, conditioned whenever I remember, and air dried. I don't style it; when I go to work, it gets put in a hairnet and I put on my hat, giving me awful hat hair. :( When I go out, the only kind of styling I do is brushing it and putting on some hairspray. God I'm boring.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't care what my hairstyle is, but I care about its condition because I shampoo it every morning. I also go for haircuts on a (semi-)regular basis.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
    I take very good care of it. Shampoo it every time I have a shower, brush it, trim it every now and then for health, and no dyes. It's past my shoulders and I wouldn't be myself without it.....and by the way....I'm a guy :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    As an aspiring hairstylist, I am my hair, my hair is me. Hair is important. I ge it trimmed every three weeks to rid it of split ends, I give it moisturizing treatments and repair treatments once a month, color it for every season by a professional, and I always make sure I have three different types of shampoos and conditioners. I style it, and then clean it later that night. I never blow it dry unless I absolutely have to. I neve straighten it, curl it, or put too many damaging products in my hair. My hair I love.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I wash it when I take a shower, which is every day, so i'd say I take care of it as much as needed. I wash it with cold water, which is good for the scalp, and dry it off my wringing out my hair with a towel rather than roughing it up until it's dry.

As for split ends, dying and all that jazz, I don't worry with it.

For hair styles, I usually just roll with it after I shower, though I do straighten it sometimes.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I wash my hair twice or thrice a week and in vacation my mom tells me wash them everyday which I don't :P. I don't pay attention to split ends. i cut my hair once in 6 months.
    I will never dye my hair. I don't style my hair I prefer simple and straight hair. I am pleased with my hair but I want them to be as smooth as my mom's hair.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    i care about it to a degree. i'm not as ocd as nick (ily) but i wash it once a week usually.... i'm not a fan of washing my hair because it goes fluffy and it's impossible to style, so that's bad. i straighten it and use wax because it defines how i look <3 <3 <3

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
    Uuuh.. yeah.. I'm rather OCD about my hair.

Length-wise, I cut it all off so it's pretty short, but regardless I'm always paranoid about it when I know it looks odd on bad hair days. Likewise my job makes me wear a hat, and I leave that sucker on until I get home, and if my friend pulls it off I steal it back before anyone sees my hair. >_> He does it on purpose, by the way.

I don't talk about my hair much, or bring it up, or really even comment on it, but I tend to check it or mess with it a lot to make sure it's how I want it. I didn't used to care when it was longer, but now I guess since I actually like the way it's cut, I pay a lot more attention to it. x_x It's almost a hassle how much I care. I'll be with friends, and we'll pass by a mirror "HOLD ON WAIT gotta fix my hair". 8|

Last edited:
    Years
    I'd say I care quite a bit about my hair. I shampoo it ad often as I can because my hair gets bet greasy very quickly for some reason. Plus I recently found this shampoo that stops my hair from getting dull from living somewhere where the air isn't that clean so I want to see how well it works.
    I tend to style my hair whenever I leave the house. This can be going out out or just nipping to the corner shop for something. The style depends on what I'm wearing but at the moment ny hair is at that awkward legnth where it just wants to either be flat or go into a point so I just wear it up. I don't get my hair cut very often because I just can't be bothered and I can never remember the style or legnth I usually have.
    Ive been banned from dying my hair though since it ended up being stuck bright blue after my hair reacted badly with some of that temparary hair colour spray stuff. Once I'm out of parental supervision though I'm dying it brown or something!

Back