• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to add a Fakemon?

Years
  • Hi, I added a new evolution for Eevee.
    I added Battle Sprites, Icons and the section in pokemon.txt
    But when its evolving this message appears:

Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Mondweiß
    ---------------------------
    Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonUtilities:1250:in `pbSeenForm'

PokemonUtilities:1249:in `each'

PokemonUtilities:1249:in `pbSeenForm'

PokemonEvolution:507:in `pbEvolution'

PokemonItemEffects:663:in `pbChangeLevel'

PokemonItemEffects:660:in `pbFadeOutInWithMusic'

PokemonUtilities:814:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PokemonUtilities:814:in `pbFadeOutInWithMusic'

PokemonItemEffects:660:in `pbChangeLevel'

PokemonItemEffects:675

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2021
    If you can post the text you added to pokemon.txt , I can help you out.

Years
  • Sure ... I copied the Data from Umbreon and changed it a little

Code:
    [494]
    Name=Spuketta
    InternalName=SPOOKEON
    Type1=GHOST
    BaseStats=95,60,110,65,60,130
    GenderRate=FemaleOneEighth
    GrowthRate=Medium
    BaseEXP=197
    EffortPoints=0,0,0,0,0,2
    Rareness=45
    Happiness=35
    Abilities=PRANKSTER
    HiddenAbility=INFILTRATOR
    Moves=1,HYPNOSIS,1,TACKLE,1,HELPINGHAND,8,SPITE,15,NIGHTSHADE,22,QUICKATTACK,29,CONFUSERAY,36,SHADOWBALL,43,DREAMEATER,50,LASTRESORT,57,MEANLOOK,64,SCREECH,71,MOONLIGHT,78,GUARDSWAP
    EggMoves=
    Compatibility=5,5
    StepsToHatch=9180
    Height=1.0
    Weight=14.0
    Color=Purple
    Habitat=Forest
    Kind=Moonlight
    Pokedex=Umbreon evolved from exposure to the moon's energy pulses. It lurks in darkness and waits for its foes to move. The rings on its body glow when it leaps to attack.
    BattlerPlayerY=0
    BattlerEnemyY=17
    BattlerAltitude=0
    Evolutions=

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    I think we need what you changed to the EEVEE data. That is where the evolution error would be. And by the way, the internal name and name should match, just the internal name in all caps, and the name with just the first letter capitalized

Years
  • I'm German so the name is the german name from the pokemon and the internal name the english ... i made that because i want to bring out the game in english too. They dont need to match...

But here the code from eevee
    Code:
    Evolutions=VAPOREON,Item,WATERSTONE,JOLTEON,Item,THUNDERSTONE,FLAREON,Item,FIRESTONE,LEAFEON,Location,37,GLACEON,Location,117,ESPEON,HappinessDay,,UMBREON,HappinessNight,,SPOOKEON,Location,110

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Search this forum for the phrase pbSeenForm and you'll find your answer. I'm amazed that three separate people don't recognise it, given that people ask about it pretty much daily.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    In PokemonUtilities, after line 'if !$Trainer.formseen[species]' add '$Trainer.formseen[species]=[]'. This will fix the bug.

Years
  • Thx, the error is gone ... but the Fakemon can not attack. If I chose an attack it's like I press x, it brings me back to the menu (attack, pokemon, bag, run)

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    Thx, the error is gone ... but the Fakemon can not attack. If I chose an attack it's like I press x, it brings me back to the menu (attack, pokemon, bag, run)

are you sure you hit the right button? That has happened to me a few times, but I ended up accidentally hitting x instead of c. There has to be a problem in one of the poke battle scripts then

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Thx, the error is gone ... but the Fakemon can not attack. If I chose an attack it's like I press x, it brings me back to the menu (attack, pokemon, bag, run)

I suggest you to remove the ability Prankster to this Fakemon and put another ability.

It is possible that it is for the ability.

Years
  • Yes I am sure, cause I tested it more than one time and I switched an other Pokémon in and this pokemon was able to attack ... with the same button ^^

//Edit: Yes you are right ... Prankster does not work :(

Back