• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How Will You Start Your Journey?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
  • Pfft. You know what I'm gonna do? Do a shiny quest! It won't be searching for IV'd and EV'd Pokemon, it'll be a hunt for the pretty baubles instead.

Although I'm pretty much sure that I won't do it 'til I get the other version, 'cause I want to enjoy Hoenn as much as I can first. One thing clear is that I'll be catching everything in the playthrough without utilizing the Pokebank or trading, like how I didn't turn on the PSS 'til I finished my Pokemon Y.

Also, using the Beldum is cheap, plus I have no plans on using one anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm getting both games, and I'm still debating what I'm going to do with each one. I'll start with Sapphire, since that was the one I played through originally, and I'll go with Mudkip out of tradition (plus, it's my favorite gen III starter), but I'm not sure what I'll do after that. I'll probably just use the Pokemon I catch, and EV train a couple of them for the sake of doing so (even though their IVs will be awful). I'm not a huge fan of Hoenn, so part of me would like to trade in a few other Pokemon I like, but I'm not sure if that will ruin the experience of not. Beldum will probably sit in the PC because I generally like to leave event Pokemon untouched, but if it's easy to farm a couple by restarting Ruby a couple of times, I may use my Sapphire one in-game.

For Ruby, I'll probably trade in a bunch of perfect eggs bred on X to use with the game. I'm not concerned about altering the difficulty level too much or making things too easy, because Pokemon is generally inherently easy anyway.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    I'll probably catch a few new pokemon from the new roster available and super train them before heading to the first gym. I also might transfer over a couple of level 1-5 kalos pokemon that I already have super trained like my leafeon. I don't want this to be a complete copy from RSE. I have to change things up enough to make it feel fresh to me.

Years
  • I'm going to be getting two copies of OR (one English and the other Japanese) and one copy of AS (English). I'll play all three through normally, with Mudkip as my Eng OR starter, Treecko as my AS starter and Torchic as my Jap OR starter and all with the shiny Beldum, I'll also be transferring over a level 1 Feebas to my English OR for usage in contests once it becomes a Milotic. Also I will be trying to use Gen 3 only Pokemon, with Pokemon such as Roserade and Gallade being exceptions.
    Once I have finished AS, all the Pokémon on it will be moved on to my English OR and it will become my challenges copy.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • I'm going to be starting with Torchic and I'm going to bring some pokes over using the bank if I can't get them in-game or if they don't show up until I'm way too far into of the game (I'm probably going to bring a low leveled Skarmory over shortly after I start the game).

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
  • I will be starting mine off as a Nuzlocke Challenge. Still debating on what rules I will use, although the Shiny Beldum goes right to the box. I will most likely go with Mudkip, although Treeko is kind of my favorite Pokemon from the generation....

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    I'll probably go old school as usual and just catch my team as I go along. Every time I tried using traded pokemon in the main story, it just felt wrong for some reason :P The shiny beldum will probably be boxed away until after I beat the game, for online battles ^_^

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'm starting the game fresh. Not going to trade over any of my Pokes from Y, although I do want to use the shiny Beldum in my playthrough, since the Metagross line is one of my favorites.

I'm so excited :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    I'm buying both, but I promised I'd let my friend borrow one of my games, so I'll be playing through Omega Ruby. When I get my Alpha Sapphire back, I'll nuzlocke that (I don't like blind nuzlockes, they just bother me).

I plan to use Sceptile, Swellow, Sharpedo, Flygon/Altaria, Exploud, and Hariyama

~cleaskulty~

It's contagious
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2015
    Since I'm getting AS first, I'm probably going to play through that with Mudkip or Treecko and have that as my main game. When I get OR I'll use that for challenges or maybe just another playthrough.

URKNightmare

Pallet Town Original
    Years
  • Starting mine with Mudkip. I usually like to take the game and build a team without the stress of IV/EV and see how I like the flow of the team. Play with all the cool moves that are completely worthless outside of the game. Also pretty excited for the Secret Base feature. Hopefully they allow us to trade over X/Y pretty quickly, would love to finish a lot my training starting from a fresh game.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • I'm trading over some breeding leftovers I may want to use. I think I will only use the treecko because I can't catch him. Otherwise, it makes the game too easy. After I finish the game , I'm defenitely going to trade everything over. I didn't know we got a shiny beldum. I guess that counts as my first shiny then (even though I might not even use it lol). Anyways, my starter will he Mudkip. I'm still trying to think of a nickname though. Hopefully I can catch sharpedo/ carvahna early as well manectric or it's pre-evo. I also really want to catch a bagon because I want a dragon type and have a Salamence learn fly.

Last edited:
    Years
  • In AS I'll be trading over some Level 1 Pokes from X for my first playthrough, then for my second I'll be doing the playthrough like normal. :D 'Prolly gonna do the same for OR.

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • I'll play through it like I did Emerald; no trades until I'm done with the main storyline.

The only Mon I'm going to possibly breed and trade over is Lunatone, 'cause he won't be in OR.

Years
  • I don't have any previous games to trade over so it will be just me and my starter. I will try to get a shiny Beldum. A latios/latias if I get the Eon ticket. So that's my team so far. Blaziken, Metagross & Latios/Latias. :)

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    I'll play through the game as I do with all my games. The normal way, I will catch pokemon, and not worry about IV's, or EV's and will catch pokemon that I want to catch. (Mawile <3)

Back