• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How Will You Start Your Journey?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If you are deciding between the two, pick the one you don't want. Chances are, those two will be highly picked among other trainers, and so then you can just trade for the starters you actually want. But, it is only a suggestion.

My normal style of play usually revolves around just catching the first thing that moves and seeing how far I make it that way first. The technique and style comes in after I feel safe with saying that the game is harder than X/Y

Why would I do that when I can just pick the starter I want at the beginning of the game though?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Once the PokeDex is fully confirmed, I'm going to plan my team for the last time. :D Maybe I'll plan down to the movesets, but I'm definitely going to choose which Pokemon I'm going to use the first time. I'll also probably pick their nicknames so I have lots of time before I actually catch the 'mon to think of something, haha.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I have Preordered both. I will pick them up and start playing on November 21st along with the Officer Pokemon Game Guide that I always get with the games upon release. When I get home I will transfer every possible Pokemon I have on my Pokemon X & Pokemon Y to Pokemon Omega Ruby which Will be my main game. I always buy both games but I only choose one and play it the other version just goes into my Pokemon room with the rest of my Pokemon collection. After I have transfered all Pokemon to bank I will then transfer a Flawless IV/Perfect Nature & Ability & Ev Trained Level 100 Sceptile, Blaziken, Marshtomp, Metagross & play the game. The other two slots in my team will be HM Slaves.

Years
    I'm getting both so am thinking of doing a play through with 6 pokemon that il breed for at lvl1 (i cant be bothered to do ev/iv stuff) and another play through with purely speed based pokemon but I'm not sure whether to go with the fastest non legendary from each gen, the overall fastest non legendaries or the 6 fastest from hoenn

Also really tempted to go for a hp based non legendary team just to annoy people

Years
    I want an Audino on my team and have already bred a 5iv one waiting for my game. x3
    I thought about having a 5iv Treecko ready but I think I'll use the one the game gives me. I might breed a Swablu as well since I want an Altaria on my team. Those are my plans but I may just go through the game without trading, haha. xD It's funner that way.

pkmin3033

I'll start the game twice first to get the starters (hopefully with mega stones attached) and then start it properly a third time with the remaining starter, then play through the game normally, catching whatever appeals to me (Taillow almost certainly, and maybe a Ralts as well provided it's not as insanely rare as it was in the original games...) and just taking my time with it.

I won't transfer anything at all from X until I start dex-filling, and then it'll be only for a Ditto if I don't have one and whatever I can't get in the game. I like to fill as much of a dex as I can before resorting to transferring things over.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I'll probably send over my lvl 7 shiny Sableye, but keep everything else in game. I love my Sableyes...

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I'll probably transfer some of my favorite Pokemon over, such as my shiny Glaceon and my shiny Milotic.

Other than that I'll probably just catch Pokemon for my team.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2017
    I'm gonna pick Mudkip and train the Beldum as well. No trading. Doing it legit.

Years
    I'll most likely do a clean run without any traded Pokemon, especially because I love Mega Sceptile and want to see it in action. I usually do trade in some powerful breeded Pokemon when I first start a remake (i.e. Platinum) but this time I'm almost definitely not going to do something along those lines.

Years
    My first play of the games will most likely just be a normal one. I'm not settled on which starter i'll go with, but I may not use the Beldum. That would be hard to train up early on and then it'd become kinda cheap.

Years
    I'm not sure yet but I want to try finishing the game without using pokemon centers and see how it works out and i will start with Treecko!

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    Pick Treeko, catch a Tailow and Ralts and be on my way :) that's what I did back in 2003 though I think I picked Mudkip.

Years
    The only thing I have set in stone so far is picking Mudkip for my starter and using it (I'd use the one you can get from Steven in HG/SS if I hadn't already evolved it for PokeDex purposes...oh well). At first I thought of breeding my team in X and transferring them over, but once they announced the DexNav would allow you to catch HA Pokemon in the wild I figured that would be kind of pointless. But on the other hand, most of the better Balls wont be available at least until Verdanturf, and I'd rather not be stuck with a party in standard Poke Balls the entire game...which is admittedly a small issue that I'll probably just deal with, but then I could just as easily transfer my team in and avoid the issue entirely.

I am conflicted.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    I'm starting mine with Mudkip.:D
    And I don'treally think I'll want to EV train or try IV breeding so soon in the game, I just like to take my time and enjoy the plot, really! But I will do that once I beat the champion for the first time - then I'll actually start breeding pokemon!
    But I'm certain there will be a Ralts very soon in my team!:)

Trickori

A Gen 5 Hipster
    Years
    If I'm able to transfer pokemon from X right away, I have a few perfect and shiny level 1 pokemon I want to bring over and use right away. I'm going to wait until I beat the game before I bring over all my favorite pokemon from X. Otherwise, with a heavy heart I must choose treeko over my beloved kickin' chickin'.

Years
    Il be starting mine by turning on my 3ds :)

But seriously treeko on OR and mudkip on AS, cant stand the torchic line and it was given to us in x and y, will be catching ralts because mega gallade, using beldum because metagross, everything else I'll decide as i go along

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    I'll be starting with Treecko and the shiny Beldum, I'm going to try and do a run of the game with only hoenn pokemon and the exp share switched off.

Back