• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you feel if gamefreak said that they will not make anymore pokemon games?

devilicious

dream
    Years
    The answer for your question depends on wether Platinum is awesome or not.

edit; And if that means they'll work on more Drill Dozer games, oh boy! I'd cry in joy!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I would be pissed. Lets not talk about it because its making me upset a little.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I would be very upset. I'm addicted to Pokemon. Well, at least I would spend more time studing then playing the games! -_-'

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Well, at the least, i would be very upset.
    Pokémon is a multi-million dollar game, and is one of the best RPG's around.
    the idea of them canceling it can break my heart, but some other company will probably take over for a while, but it will just probably be another bad mix, just like Phillips using the Zelda titles.
    nothing lasts forever, but i never want pokémon to end so soon.
    if anything, it should end with a great number, such as 1,000 or so. I just hope it will stop when i lose interest in pokémon altogether, which is about 20 years from now.
    Doesn't anyone else think the idea of giving up a great game sound stupid?
    Pokémon is what made gamefreak so famous, so why would they stop anytime soon?

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I would really be disapointed, I love Pokémon so it's going to be tough. Oh well, I'll guess I'll just buy another game to make up for my boredome. D:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I'd laugh. Game freak would have just lost themselves a bottomless pit of fans with money, willing to fork out over and over for what is largely the same games. I wouldnt be upset, I'd be comforted by Pokemon diamond and the thought of GF's stupidity =]

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
    Let me tell you what i would do. Did any of you ever see the episode of south park with Queer Eye for the Straight guy episode about the crab people i would do what mr. garrison mr slave kyle and all the women of south park did too the queer eye for the straight eye guys except i would do it too everyone at gamefreak who made the decision!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I doubt it. But if they do then heck it gives nintendo the freedom of making them thereselves. Heck thats why the games are getting suckier. If gamefreak didnt own half the rights to pokemon then we would have seen the game we all want on a handheld. So i would be happy. Simply cause i know nintendo would do the right thing tae the handheld vrsion and make it perfect.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'd feel pretty much indifferent. Ever since Pokémon Diamond & Pearl came out, I knew that the whole concept of Pokémon gaming needed to change before the franchise fell apart. No one wants to play the same game over and over again with a few differences, Gamefreak need some a new idea for the Pokémon games. Of course, before Gamefreak decide to end the current gaming arc, they'll make a remake of Gold, Silver and Crystal. The remakes will probably signify the end.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I would actually be relieved - I feel the Pokémon games as of late are declining in quality, and I'd rather not play any new Pokémon game than play a new one that's really crappy. :x

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I would just shrug it off and then wake up

Game freak would have just lost themselves a bottomless pit of fans with money, willing to fork out over and over for what is largely the same games.

for this exact reason.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I might be upset a little at first, but I would eventually get over it.
    After all, it is just a game and it doesn't necessarily run my life. I would probably just keep Pokémon alive by continuing to play all the previous games. ;D

I really don't think we're going to see the end of Pokémon any time soon. It's reaching a status much like that of Super Mario and The Legend of Zelda. The production of these games may shift from Gamefreak to soley on Nintendo, but I do believe we will be seeing many generations of Pocket Monsters for years to come.

Back