• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How you used to pronounce pokemon names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
    i want to know how everyone used to pronounce pokemon names before they heard the names being said in the anime or learnt better grammer skills

the main pokemon that i can remember was Kyogre, i use to say it :

Ky-oh-gree

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years

Hairy Mama anyone?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I can only think of a few.
    I use to say Kyogre as "Ky-oh-grey" and Rayquaza as "Ray-Quah-Zah", and Poochyena as "Pooch-Hyena" if that made any sense.

Dawn Rules

<--- Dawn Strong, Smart & Sexy
    Years
    I used to call lots of pokemons names wrong until i saw them on the anime cant remember any names except maybe Metapod when i was like 7 i thought it was Metapond.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2010
    I also used to say metapond not metapod also charizard used to be char-zard missing out the 'i'

Years
    Suicune

Sye-coon

Mostly because of Pokemon Stadium 2, haha. I still usually pronounce it like that because I like that pronunciation better. :P

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010

Hairy Mama anyone?

HAHAHA. That's amazing!

Even though I know Rayquaza isn't supposed to be "Ray-Quah-Zah" and Arceus isn't supposed to be "Ar-see-us," I still pronounce them that way. I think they sound better than the actual names. And I've been pronouncing Rayquaza that way since I was about 8. I can't get rid of the habit now! Also, "Ar-kee-us" sounds weird.

I also didn't know how to say Gorebyss for a while. I also called Illumise something like, "Ill-um-myz." Poor thing.

Oh, and for whatever reason, I thought that Darkrai was spelt something more like "Drakai," so I pronounced it like that (the "dra" sounding like the beginning of "dragon.")

Last edited:

joehat

Yay
    Years

I always have called it Loo-gee-ah because whenever I hear Loo-gey-ah I think of someone hacking and spitting.

Does anyone actually call
    by its correct name? I still call it Eggs-a-cute.

Also, Kirbychu, LOL at Raykwanzaa!

Last edited:

Adri-chan

What the fruit?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    I've pronounced Rayquaza's name wrong just like all the other users who posted something before me. Same thing with Arceus. I don't like how it''s pronounced. It sounds very strange.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I will always pronounce Arceus with a soft C. Ar - Key - Us sounds stoopit!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back