• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HTC is the worst brand of phones

Outlier

This phone is notorious for not even having a functioning power button to turn the phone on and off.

Also, even when you back out of a website or an app, you will continue to be charged until you go into your phone's settings and manually disconnect from the internet and wifi. You can't technically close the internet or app tabs you can only minimize them. I didn't realize this until it was too late of course. Looking forward to paying that bill...

Sorry but I just had to vent and rage against this awful, awful product.

TLDR; HTC sucks, the developers clearly just designed it to drain your money and waste your time. Don't buy it.

Years
    I like HTC :O Their build quality and style is hot hot hot! Also, the phone I have from them, the HTC Desire, is developer friendly and so it's nice having a lot of choice of ROMs available to try out. I think you should play around with the sync settings, if that doesn't get you anywhere I'm sure there's an app out there that can schedule your connections.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    I liked the part where you mentioned the model of your HTC phone because we have no way of finding out whether your power button issue is widespread or an isolated one.

You can force close an app in Android by opening it in app info or swiping it out of the recent app list (by holding the home button). Otherwise, you can monitor your data usage from Android ICS and upwards and see what app is using up your data. In addition, you can set a data limit so that it will automatically disable data when a limit is reached.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Da fuq? I have my issues with their pricing, but otherwise HTCs are among the best phone makers. It was a dark time between 2008-2011(the transition between Windows M 6.5 to android) but their 2012-2013 lineup has been amazing. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Outlier

Oops! I have the HTC Desire. They all suck though. Death to HTC! BlahISuck and I clearly have two very different opinions on this phone.

Years
    Wow, in that case you should totally get a ROM! Dude we're in the same position XD I understand if you don't like Sense, get yourself some Jelly Bean :P Are you forming your opinion on things you haven't tried out yet? Seriously though, flash yourself some buttery goodness. You won't regret it.

Outlier

I don't even know what a ROM is. All I know is that the phone product that came as it originally was, completely sucks. Worst phone ever.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Like I said, HTC was weird in the phone department up till 2011. Somewhere after Sensation came out did things get better, and the One S is were things started picking up again. Another thing to mention is that the Desire is a 3 year old phone running Froyo. Of course the phones going to have issues, most apps won't run correctly, and the hardware is obviously going to have issues.

Outlier

I've had phones made in the 90's that function better than this piece of ****.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Hey, I'm not disagreeing with you. All I'm saying is that you should not base your opinions on the company solely on one phone from their worst line due to the transition to Android. They needed to find an identity, failed horribly in what they were doing, and learned from it. The desire was one of those mistakes.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    With all that being said, the Desire is one of those well-rated phones.
    Sure, if only cause HTC was the only one putting effort into their android phones. They were going up against, what, the Motorola Milestone? Galaxy 3, Sony Ericsson X10? Of course the desire was gonna be rated good, it was the only thing that had decent looks. And everyone was still using their own Java based OS, not giving one **** about this one OS android future. Its ironic in hindsight. HTC saw what was coming, but was too caught up in its own shenanigans.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I find this topic mildly amusing because imo, HTC put out one of the best phones of the year with the HTC One. Hands down, amazing phone. Solid specs, supreme build quality, and good dev support (They allow you to unlock your bootloader, hello! amazing <3).

Outlier

^ HTC employee detected. How much are they paying you? Is it worth the lies?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I had an Incredible 2 as my last phone and it was just one problem after another. They were slow as hell getting updates out and every time they did update it, it broke something and I had to do a factory reset. Their newer phones look promising and are apparently much improved, but I really like my Motorola now and I'd probably stick with them or Samsung before I'd go back to HTC.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I'd be a much happier person if I worked for HTC. I just think that they have really turned their company around in the last few years. My next phone though will probably be a Motorola though :P

Years
    Yeah! I was hearing about them making these great flagships, except they weren't bringing in profit like Samsung and Apple could.

mayuyu

Fairy Queen
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2014
    say it ain't so
    I almost got the HTC One until the T-mobile guy convinced me into getting a Galaxy.

Back