• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can play the mayonnaise

Sirfetch’d

What are some of your instrumental talents PC?

Sirfetch’d

I took piano lessons when I was little and also played Trumpet and French Horn in band when I was in 5th grade.

Was piano hard to pick up? I've always wanted to learn it but idk if I have the patience to do so lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Was piano hard to pick up? I've always wanted to learn it but idk if I have the patience to do so lol

A little bit. Though I never went very far with it. I still can't play all to well with both hands. I took it when I was in elementary school and never wanted to practice...lol.

Sirfetch’d

A little bit. Though I never went very far with it. I still can't play all to well with both hands. I took it when I was in elementary school and never wanted to practice...lol.

That is like me with guitar practice lol :( I asked for lessons and then enjoyed it for maybe a month and then just started hating practice and refusing to learn

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I've tried to play guitar but I have to play the opposite way that most people do. I have to do the same thing when I play Guitar Hero and Rock Band too. xD

pkmin3033

Mayonnaise is one of the vilest substances on this planet.

I can play a few things on the keyboard from memory, but I can't read sheet music or play a proper instrument or anything. I've wanted to learn how to for a while now, but time and money are both lacking. Maybe when I'm in my twilight years I'll pick something up...

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I took piano lessons for a couple years in elementary school. I also played trumpet, french horn, mellophone, and flugel for band. I continued with the french horn into college for the time that I did go, and my band director was actually really impressed. I would love to pick it up again, but unfortunately I just don't have an area to practice.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • took piano lessons for maybe 8 years, stopped about 4 years ago -- can still play it kinda well but have to shake the rust off. have been taking sax lessons for 8 years now as well (Jesus Christ), and am pretty good at it. have been taking drum lessons for about 5 years now, and am also pretty good at that. I can strum a few chords. I can sing poorly. that's about it.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I did violin for awhile, I just couldn't fit in orchestra with my high school schedule, so that effectively ended it. I can play one song on guitar, never had the drive to properly learn

Lucid

I play piano. I started as at around 15. If you can type well, you'll kind of have an advantage. As with ballet, it's more memorization, you can't rely on looking at your hands (or feet in that case), but the more you practice, the better you get, it just takes time, even with a simple keyboard is great! Take your time to learn to read music and memorize. It's tedious at times, but I have a laughable attention span.

I also played the trumpet for a bit in 4th grade but just didn't care for it much.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I can play twinkle twinkle little star on the mayonaisse, but honestly, I'm more of a ketchup guy.

Super Prism

Sylveon Enthusiast
    Years
  • Alright, many don't consider these things instruments... but I do!

I'm an electronic producer, with a rather cumbersome spectrum of genres. I also make Chipmusic using a gameboy... I guess that counts a little more? Idk. :P

As for non electronic instruments, they don't really interest me very much. I'm fascinated with their sounds, and I love hearing people play them, I just don't feel a compulsion to myself.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I started playing piano when I was 5 and quit when I was about 15, after I passed the grade 8 RCM exam. Since I picked it up at a young age I didn't think it was that hard - of the few instruments I've tried playing it's definitely the most straightforward and easy to play, imo.

I played violin for about 3 years in elementary school, and to me, it was definitely a lot harder to play well compared to the piano since it required more precision to make a nice sound and I found it harder to control the dynamics. I did spend a lot more time and effort on the piano and had one-on-one lessons though, so that may be why I found it easier.

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    What about horse radish?

I, too, played piano for a few years in my teens, but I hated practicing and didn't have the motivation to continue. Otherwise I can sing pretty decently, but that is the extent of my musical talent.

~Psychic

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Learned to play the keyboard during 1st grade 'til the 6th grade for music classes, didn't play again 'til the 11th when we finally bought our own keyboard, but even then I rarely touched it lol. At least I can do basic songs if needed haha.

At the very least I am able to read music sheets as well as figuring out the rhythm and the tempo of a music piece. :v

Also apparently during my 11th grade music class when we were asked to sing out the notes on a music sheet, I can notice even the faintest of a false note. It goes to the point that my classmates approached me just to make sure their singing is correct haha.

Years
  • Recorder for 2 years in elementary school, then flute for 5 years or so after that. Stopped because by that point band classes would have interfered with other classes I wanted to have, and apparently I didn't feel a huge desire to continue on with playing music there. :(

I probably shouldn't even mention the recorder since if given one now, I would not know how to play it at all. If given a refresher course on flute I might be able to sound decent on that. Honestly unsure, though. I basically quit all musical endeavors in high school, and haven't been back to playing an instrument seriously since then.

Years
  • I played the Piano for a few years as a kid! My parents took me a teacher once a week. I didn't mind it but it wasn't for me.
    After that I played Clarinet in the school band, but I soon quit when I got tired of it.

Lunalie

Years
  • Talent? Nope, I have none of that when it comes to music.

I learned how to play the French Horn through pure Stubbornness despite being awful at it for the longest time.

Back