• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i can't see without them

Years
  • I don't need glasses unless I'm working on a computer monitor that I'm not familiar with. Even after I adjust the settings, a lot of times my eyes will strain and I'll get a bad headache. I bought some "Felix Gray" glasses, and...they actually help when I remember to wear them.

I wish I'd worn them today when I was in the office. I had such a headache after a few hours of being there.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I wear glasses since this spring. Had perfect vision up until a couple of years ago when I started getting frequent migraines. Thought it was caffeine addiction but then I actually went to the optician just to make sure, and she said honey you need to wear glasses 24/7. So I did, and today is the first time I have a proper ouchy headache since then. This one is probably caused by all the sugar I stuffed into myself last night, mumble grumble.

I see really badly at short distances, and have to really struggle hard to focus. Far away is much easier. With glasses, I can see perfectly at far distances (until things become simply too small to read ahah) and it's not as hard to focus when looking at a computer or phone screen for example. But I also have super strong reading glasses I put on when I'm at my computer in the office or reading on my phone in the evening ahah because with them I can completely relax my eyes and read perfectly at short distance.

I think I look good in glasses, but I do miss being able to not wear them at all. It's such a bother when you hug someone and they get in the way or when you have to be active and risk damaging them or something. I still don't think I'd feel comfortable with contacts... I'll stay away from them for now.

These are the models I wear, I have two to choose between so I can change my style :3 but always round shape. I don't think square glasses suit me at all.

Spoiler:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Circular glasses are soooo cute on guys, omg. Makes them look so scholarly. <3

My vision if fair, but I do tend to get eye strain. I've noticed it isn't as good as it once was, which scares me because there's no way I'd like to wear glasses myself—they don't flatter me in the least, haha. :'(

However, if I absolutely had to, I'd probably get some clear framed ones. The type that look more like safety glasses than actual specs. :P

TY

My vision actually gets worse with glasses so no.

People often get suprised how far i can see and read

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I have needed glasses since I was in college. One day I rwalised my eyes had got a lot worse quickly.

Over the years it has reached the point where I need to wear glasses all the time. I am the only one in my family who needs glasses. I have two pairs of glasses, one with black frames and one with red frames.

Back