• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can't think of a title. Something PC related, I guess?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Is there anything about PC that particularly annoys you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Nobody is/was mature enough to take a few damn green pips.

...But I think we all knew that. Other than that, I would have to say too many people that don't give one about their grammar.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't like it when people try to suck up to staff members. We're normal people with colored usernames that just help keep the peace around here. Don't put us on such a high platform.

Also don't like when people make threads and say "I didn't see anything like this" when there's a sticky for it. idk how you miss that...

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I love you Sydian!!!!11111 ( :P I joke)

What I dislike isn't just for PC but rather for the internet in general. That is, someone who cannot form a coherent sentence because they use internet speak or some other form of grotesquely used English.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When people make R/S remake threads in Black and White, when the name clearly implies only Black and White. D;

Also what Syd said.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    When there are no posts for 10 minutes or something. Gaps like these just irritate me.

On the grammar department, I dnt s ny one typ lik thz often, so it doesn't concern me.

EDIT: I also hate it when people randomly switch there genders.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't think it's sucking up - just trying to get on your good sides. xD (I think the only mod I ever really generally talk to is Kirbychu and maybe Hiiro)

Um, well I find quite a lot of people to act very obnoxious sometimes - but the majority of people are friendly and I don't talk to users that posts I like or whatever.

I hate it when the server goes busy - or waiting when a section goes really dead for a few hours xD

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
    What Syd said, and I don't appreciate when people act so powerful and start arguments in public. It happened to me before, and it's truly irritating.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I've stated this so many times, but it's when ordinary members can't have blogs (apart from 5k+ post members). I know that there's a reason for that, but I'm still annoyed.

I also agree to what everyone else said.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I hate PC when the server is down and we can't get on and talk to eachother.

I have nothing wrong with the people you guys are awesome.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    The fact that this thread is allowed (apparently) but other ones including PC members that isn't made by a moderator isnt?

lol..

and the fact that almost everyone is a whiny tween.. or acts like a 5 year old over something miniscule. The amount of false "kindness" people show here.. jesusgod, I can tell when you're just being a faker.
    And the fact that apparently being gay here automatically makes you "cool" or "uncool" like as if they think their sexuality is of earth-shattering importance to others.
    And others are just obnoxious. It's a close-group popularity contest.. where friends seem to be competing over friends.

I have so much more to add.. but let's just leave it at that for now.

I guess I could name people, right? But then that'd automatically make this thread locked, isn't it? Since saying stuff about people is against the rules around these parts.

But hey for the sake of it.. let's name myself. Holy hell, Kura, stop being so goddamn self-righteous. It's freaking annoying.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Its not really here but in general toward new things like Black and White, where the users are overly pessimistic about. I really hate when members over and over down on something like Black and White when they haven't had a firsthand chance yet at even trying it out for themselves. Or how people make knee jerk reactions too things mainly the looks of the new pokemon. I also dislike when say pokemon is running out of ideas blah blah blah. If they were running out of ideas then why are some of the pokemon designs so complex compared to the original ones or ones from earlier generations? What really gets me is comparisons to Digimon by people, they are not Digimon like they are pokemon like that's why they are called pokemon >_>. But people will have there opinions I just find it overly annoying with the comparisons and the overall pessimism.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Apart from the common chat speaker, one thing I really do dislike are people who are "elitist".

If you don't know what that is, it's someone who believes the higher up, or more well-known person is right, and that they will always be right. As a trader, some people (I won't name names) believe that because Smogon are better for trading and whatnot, that everyone should follow their rules to what is defined as a hacked Pokemon or not. They say because Smogon consider a Pokemon legit, then it should be considered legit everywhere.

These sorts of people annoy me.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Hmm... well, I like trolling to be perfectly honest. I think it makes things a lot more fun, so I do wish it wasn't such a big deal here. Then again, I do understand that on a forum of this size, it could get out of hand pretty quickly.

Iow, no. Not really. Everything seems good to me. lol

Edit: No wait, this. Big time.
    And the fact that apparently being gay here automatically makes you "cool" or "uncool" like as if they think their sexuality is of earth-shattering importance to others.

Being a Christian gets me a lot of hate on this forum, and the one time that people misunderstood what I said, and thought I was gay, everyone wanted to come to my rescue. They couldn't wait to defend me. It's no different than how it's okay to be racist toward Whites, but not toward Blacks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Currently, Nick's avatar is kind of annoying, in all its .gif glory.

At any rate, there's things about everything that annoy me, if I take the time to look for them. However nothing greatly annoys me about PC. It's an active forum and I'm by no means restricted to the Pokémon sections, which let's face it, a lot of us avoid now as we grow out of the fandom. There are some small things that annoy me, certain outbursts in posts, in relation to people really getting off the topic and taking things personally when they shouldn't, but that's really something we see on all forums.

Though I guess what annoys me a little, is how the forum can be quite selfish, and I'm saying that in a non-negative way, but for example, we try to make the irc active again, offer a free emblem, and the members just come for the emblem and leave again. It's typical, but we knew that this would end up happening. In saying that, it's just a minor annoyance. Though to stray away from members, I guess the inactivity of certain boards gets to me, and that I wish the competitions here were more active. I think that's something I'll be doing when I come back from exams, is getting the Art Gallery competitions up and running again.

Though, dispute gets to me, and how at times things aren't done it the most mature way possible, in relation to the fact that when it comes to decisions, not all are quite as level headed as others. There seems to be a lack of unity in the glue that held the forums together, and there was once more of a sense of it, when I joined. But it's gone now, and I can only hope it comes back in my time here.

Being a Christian gets me a lot of hate on this forum, and the one time that people misunderstood what I said, and thought I was gay, everyone wanted to come to my rescue. They couldn't wait to defend me. It's no different than how it's okay to be racist toward Whites, but not toward Blacks.

That's not so much the forum as it is just everywhere you go I'm afraid. It's up to you to let people hold their own opinions regardless of how warped they may be, just let it slide. There's a reason that these beliefs are yours and no matter what, you'll never find someone in this world that agrees with everything you say, not deep down. However, you must not let prejudice on a forum with a large base of members being young, and who would not be able to debate without the aid of the internet and a keyboard on their hands, get to you. Taking offense online is something a lot of people need to air out, it's really not here for that. People avoid getting hurt offline more so than they do on the net, but I think in real life, is where you'll learn more from a first hand account of making mistakes, but it depends on the situation I suppose, but I believe there being a presence is big part of learning. All in all though, ignore the prejudice, I would hardly permit those who dish it out to reach my heart, and damage it.

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Trolls who mess around all over the forums. They're very annoying.
    ...And pretty much what everyone else had said.

Back