• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I hate boys!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • There is something you see from time to time that really drives me up the wall. Just recently one of my friends broke up with her boyfriend and Facebook-spammed how much she hates boys. Not just her ex-boyfriend, but boys in general. I find this to be one of the most annoying things in the world; a man breaks your heart and somehow it's the fault of the entire male gender, as though we are all connected somehow by a collective conscious and make these decisions together as one.

I, of course, tore her to shreds for this because there is simply no excuse for it. I have no patience for people like that. It's dramatic, it's attention-seeking and it's so obnoxious to publicise your failed relationship all over Facebook anyway.

So the two of us are not in a good place right now, however I know you're dying to find out how this story ends for the unhappy couple. You're dying to know, aren't you? I bet you are. Well, lo and behold, after the most publicised parting of the ways since Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise, those two crazy kids managed to work things out! Who would have thought?

So, what's the point of this little tale, you ask? Good question. Well, the one good thing that came from this whole experience was that it gave me an idea for an OVP thread! So, here's the question:

How do you deal with break-ups?

Break out the tubs of Ben & Jerry's and the unflattering haircuts and tell us your tales of woe!​

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise

You did that on purpose, didn't you?

I've only had to deal with one serious breakup in my life honestly. I did make a few Facebook statuses, but nothing like "I hate boys", just quoting sad songs and stuff lol. I spent a lot of time just walking around campus at all times of the day and night thinking as well. I had a few crying breakdowns in public too, kind of embarrassing but I cry over basically nothing a lot of the time anyway so at least I had an excuse xD

Zet

Years
  • If she broke up with her boyfriend, why is she hating on boys?

I deal with break ups by bottling up the emotions inside of me, I am a man after all. talking to friends.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • oh, i thought this was about how girls whine about hating the entire male species. i guess not.
    although, admittedly, i'm guilty of that too. sometimes. (saying, "i hate boys/boys are stupid/etc.")

i've only had one "official" break-up so far ("official" because we actually were together. nowadays, it's all just one-sided with me). the truth is, i didn't really have to "deal with it", as it was a mutual thing between my girlfriend and i. she told me she found someone else, and i told her i was okay with it. there was no over-consumption of ice-cream, nor were there calling up friends in the middle of the night to share sob stories or any of that. i suppose it had to do with the fact that we sort of drifted apart as we went to different schools. and we were young. like, thirteen. so we both weren't in emotional roller coasters back then.

Last edited:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Well... I've never had any messy breaks ups xD The worse that happened to me was getting played off as the crazy ex -.- But, that was in middle school so it didn't really bother me and we weren't particularly close anyways. The last girlfriend I had... we split only because I'm gay and really am not interested in her body o.o We're still best friends of course <3 And the one before that... we broke up because I wanted her to follow her many dreams -.- She ran off to some Ivy League College somewhere. BAH.

But, boys do kind of suck -.- I had plenty of bad experiences... and GRR! This makes being a homosexual awkward @-@ Never once have I had a problem with a woman! But, every guy that I've gotten to know has either been a jerk to me or to someone else -.- While I don't judge a person for being male and while I am searching for a guy as opposed to a woman... I still say that men suck :3 Tee hee ;D

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    i've only ever had two relationships before. my first relationship wasn't all that serious, we were young and had crushes on each other and that was pretty much it. we were friends before that and found it really awkward. we ended up splitting up and going our separate ways. our friendship was lost somewhere in that. but the second one was naturally hard to deal with during the breakup part of it. even though i had been wanting to breakup myself, the fact that we were wasn't something i really pictured happening.

it was pretty mutual, though, in retrospect. i was upset about it for a few days, and she found someone else a little afterwards that i give my complete approval of. he's a cool dude. we're still best friends, and when i think back on it, i think we were always somewhere caught in between best friends and in a relationship. we did love each other in the way that people that are in a relationship do, though. it wasn't really something i had to really deal with, though. we were still friends, we still talked during that period, and then things went back to normal between us about two weeks after. we still act just as strange and obscure and weird around each other as we've done when we were in a relationship and even beforehand.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't get over them quickly. It kinda depends really. How I deal with it ummm...I just listen to a lot of music, talk to friends, tweeting random sad things, stare out the window or at the floor, etc. Don't get me wrong, I've had some I've gotten over within like a week or so. But there's one that sticks out to me, seeing this thread haha. It shouldn't be bothering me anymore tbh. But whatever.

Edit: Thinking about this more, the reasons I was left in the past have only made me less-trusting and more cautious. I just built walls around myself to not let the same things happen continuously. But I know that not everyone is the same. Just cause one person cheated on me doesn't mean the next person will. And some people should realize that too. Just cause one person did something to you doesn't mean another will. -cough-

Last edited:
    Years
  • Only had 2 breakups where I was dumped. I'd go sit in my room and cry until I'm too tired and then I'd sleep. When I wasn't crying, I was spacing out, usually with music or the television on though not paying any attention. I just sort of turned into a ghost of a person for a while until I started to accept things and get back to reality.

When a friend suffers a breakup I try to be there and just be a shoulder to cry on since I'm no good at saying the right things to help them get through it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Since my previous relationship was long-distant, as well as my very first, I would like to say that my breakup with this guy... I couldn't take it in. I remember crying during my final exams, and unable to concentrate. It took me weeks to get over.

So, pretty much... I give myself time to process these overwhelming emotions. It gives me a lesson in life that guys pretty much come and go. I may be a crybaby, but I did tell my mother about my breakup first...then my friends. Letting everything out was a good thing, then after feeling much better I would go out with my friends.

How I got over it was another thing: listen to a lot of tough breakup songs :D

Years
  • How do you deal with break-ups?
    There hasn't been one relationship break-up that has really effected me in a dramatic way. Seriously, I can normally see it coming when a relationship is about to end just by watching that persons attitude change towards me.
    I am only 21 and I seriously couldn't care less about relationships inb4 can't get one. I love being single because I don't have to constantly amuse someone who thinks I am going to sleep with any female that is in front of me.

So, I deal with relationships like they never existed and works out fine! :3​

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I wouldn't know, I've never been in a relationship. Honestly, I think I would either completely get over it right away, and not be affected at all, or completely break down. I can't say for sure which it would be. lol

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    If she broke up with her boyfriend, why is she hating on boys?

I deal with break ups by bottling up the emotions inside of me, I am a man after all. talking to friends.
    Probably because he did something bad that made her break up with him and hate males forever lol, but anyway.

How do you deal with break-ups?

One break up I had was very bad. It has a whole story behind it which made it 100times worse than it probably would have been otherwise, which I'm not going to tell now, but that is how things were. The person had promised me that he would be there for me and that he would support me no matter what, and that he wouldn't let me down. I know it might sound cheesy but I was young and it meant a lot to me. You can guess what happened, and also by cheating on my cousin tyvm. I was extremely sad and I felt used and I got trust issues. Anyways I took it very bad, but it was not a regular relationship.

Otherwise I handle break-ups pretty well (better than that one lol), most of the time I probably know it's going to happen, or why, and that makes it easier to handle. Also, there are more fish in the sea.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    There is something you see from time to time that really drives me up the wall. Just recently one of my friends broke up with her boyfriend and Facebook-spammed how much she hates boys. Not just her ex-boyfriend, but boys in general. I find this to be one of the most annoying things in the world; a man breaks your heart and somehow it's the fault of the entire male gender, as though we are all connected somehow by a collective conscious and make these decisions together as one.
    GOD I HATE THIS SO MUCH
    Girls I used to know would say this and then be like "ohhh but you're different Ryan!" gurl plz, all of humanity is messed up, not just one gender

anyway, two break ups; the first was kind of a mutual thing where we both agreed it wasn't working, I'm not going into detail but it was absolutely terrible, legit probably the worst few months of my life

Second, I got cheated on multiple times and told her to get the hell out. I think she deserved it, but it was still really upsetting, plus considering it was so soon after the first one so yeah. I wasn't cut up about it though. She'd lost a load of friends as well so I pretty much just went on huge ***** sessions with them which was fun

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
  • It annoys me when people do that. They hate a boy. Not the entire gender. Both men and women have screwed me over, I don't hate all of humanity though. It annoys me even more that they think women never do the same thing thing to their partners. I've seen women break hearts like they were cheap toys.

But in response to the question I've only had to deal with a break-up once and it was on good terms, so I suppose I don't really know how I would deal with a bad break-up.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Uhh... I usually just shrug it off. To be honest there isn't a point in fighting if they break up with you, they just don't want to handle being in a relationship so I respect their choice, and you shouldn't be mad or sad if you were the one who broke up with them. We might stop talking for a few days, but we all end up chatting like normal once it is all over.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i don't believe every single male human is a dishonest jerk with ulterior motives, i doubt most girls really do, but i keep my guard up as a result of bad experiences and surely that can be empathized with. not every man is deceitful, most of my friends happen to be upstanding and dependable men. whenever i say "trust no man" around my male friends they respond with something along the lines of "those are wise words." take from that what you will.

boyfriend/girlfriend breakups are freaking easy street in comparison to having to forcibly part company with a dude who barely knows you. i've ended up being stalked after telling a man (a customer) that if he continued to approach me in an aggressive and pressuring manner that my coworkers would no longer provide service to him and i may end up having to contact authorities. he somehow got ahold of my phone number and i've since had to change it. oddly i've had worse experiences with older men than i have with people my own age.

anyway, when it comes to breakups i'm not much of a fighter. arguing is exhausting.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I haven't ever had a real break-up but I've had a few "awwwwwwww I guess we're not going to be together" type of things and I tend to change my appearance in some way. A big one for me is changing my hair: style, highlight color, etc to boost my confidence and be the ~new phase, new look~ for me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I've only ever had to really deal with one real break-up. I didn't handle it as good as I should have, but I'm all good now. It took a while for me to accept and get over it, but I did. I also did so much for this boy, and put up with so much ****. I mean... I was in love. So yeah... I got pretty wiped. But then I realized, he isn't worth being sad about. I'll just move onto something bigger and better, the best type of revenge is living well. Haha!>:)

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Perhaps a more appropriate answer would be that I don't deal with breakups. I've only had one before, but I'm still learning to move on. I loved him, y'know? Still do, but as a friend. Immediately after the break up, I was really spiteful and nasty towards him and his partner. Not wishing them well, wishing them well with sarcasm, crying, etc it wasn't a good time for either of us. After that, I don't know, I started the healing process and I'm still in that process today. It's been a few months, but I'm nearly at the stage of being able to finally say I've moved on. As I said in the beginning, I really loved him.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • How do you deal with break-ups?
    Privately. I usually carry on the way I normally would and deal with it on my own time. I rarely "vent" to friends, not because I don't trust them but because I'm simply a very private person. I don't let break-ups keep me down for long anyway; life is much too short for that.

On another note, I can't stand it when people give up-to-the-minute status reports on their relationships. I have two friends who are either bickering constantly or declaring their undying love for one another over Facebook. I love them both to death but I fear they may drive me insane.

Back