• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I hate holidays. Who else?

Do you hate holidays?

• Total voters

lonewolfx44

Is a happy fellow ^^
    Years
    I am always so lonely on holidays, more so than any other day. Nothing is joyous and festive about having no one to talk to... or even the lack of half the people you usually can talk to disappearing making me exaggerate that no one is around. I'll be in my room for the next 4 days... alone and doing nothing. Isn't life grand?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Who hates the holidays! I love to spend time with my family, and of course no school!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I am always so lonely on holidays, more so than any other day. Nothing is joyous and festive about having no one to talk to... or even the lack of half the people you usually can talk to disappearing making me exaggerate that no one is around. I'll be in my room for the next 4 days... alone and doing nothing. Isn't life grand?
    Well you could stop complaining and get out and find someone to talk to. I don't mean that in a harsh way but I'm sure there's some kind soul that would enjoy spending the holidays with you if you just ask.. If everyone is busy, come on PC or get a pet. Have some joy because it's a day where it's okay to be happy and not go to jail for it ahah. /crazy ^_^
    The only reason I like holidays is that there's no school.

Lol I just have to agree with that but holiday's are still fun to goof off with family/friends while I'm out of school. 8D

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    Well you could stop complaining and get out and find someone to talk to. I don't mean that in a harsh way but I'm sure there's some kind soul that would enjoy spending the holidays with you if you just ask.. If everyone is busy, come on PC or get a pet. Have some joy because it's a day where it's okay to be happy and not go to jail for it ahah. /crazy ^_^\

I was going to say that and then some, but the rest of what I was going to say was kind of mean.

I, for one, like holidays. A lot of my friends might leave for the holidays, but that's what phones (calling and texting) are for. Use them. =]

Hey, if you're going to be alone for about a week, you could always get drunk. Just a thought.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    Who could hate the holidays!? For one, no school. Second of all, you get to chill with friends and family. And lastly, you get to eat ten pounds of food and have a reason. xP. For you, I suggest to get a cat.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    I love holidays. :x No school, good food, spending time with friends and family, good food, lots of parties, school events...good food. I understand how one could dislike holidays if they have no one around to spend them with, though.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Like almost everyone else here, I love most holidays only for the no school part. However, I hate Valentines Day with a passion. I''m ALWAYS left out since all of my perfect friends get like millions of Valentines... =(

Years
    When I was a kid, I loved the holidays. Because there was no school.

Now that I'm older, I think they've become so commercilized that they've lost their flair.

Especially Easter. That has turned into Christmas in spring!!

Years
    I don't hate holidays. I like to have a break from study and such.

I can completely understand how holidays can be really grim when you don't have anyone to spend them with. It can be very painful, frustrating, even to the point of bitter anger. For thise who say "oh its not hard to find someone" "its not hard to find friends, go out and look", you obviously haven't been in the position of not knowing how to find friends. What're you supposed to do? Go out, pick a random person off the street and say "hey, wanna hang out with me?" Most likely they would be very uncomfortable, heck I know I would be. It is not easy to make friends. You may have the skills to do so which make it easier, but not everyone does, not everyone knows even where to begin when going out friend-hunting.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I don't hate Holidays. It's a time where I get a break from school and hang around with my family and friends. Christmas is where you get a whole lot of gifts for free! Who doesn't like that? Also the all night parties at your friends house, having fun, playing games, and chat.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    the main reason is how shall I explain it in one word oh yea FAMILY! I was the type when I was little that I never wanted to be with family and wanted to be alone so and I hate my family thats why I dont like the Holidays

:t354:TG

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Now that I'm older, I hate the holidays. I bet the rest of you don't work in a grocery store, working thirty hours or more a week now, having customers pretty much think that you're an idiot because you're working on the holiday itself. Because I do work in a grocery store. And the customers are just plain mean now because we run out of supplies people need to bake their pies on the day of the actual holiday. People, it's not difficult to realize that the holidays fall on the same time each year. Buy your pies in advance.

Plus, the holidays are just commercialized. The sales that stores have starting at four in the morning (does anyone think about those who are working in the stores at that time?), people killing one another to buy a gift that the other person might not even want. What ever happened to the fact the the holidays were a time to spend with family? Why is everything now about how much people can receive and not show a single drop of gratitude?

Yes, I'm bitter. :/ But I don't try to ruin it for other people with my sour mood. Except for throwing a can of condensed milk at a customer. :P

Back