• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I hate the gts

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
    All the trades aren't ballenced.Like a lv.3 biddof for a lv.100 rhyperior or something like that.The only thing I like about the gts Is you can clone pokemon with it.Which I think is why people are putting up trades like lv.100 dialga for lv.9 and under uxie.The only trade I was able to make on that mess is my american blissy for a japenesse combee.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Join the club, we have jackets...

The GTS has been the biggest joke since Rosie O'Donald said that fire couldn't burn steal.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    The GTS has many problems that I wish could have been resolved. As mentioned above, ridiculous offers are all over the GTS. A resolution to this problem is to arrange level based on the minimum level you can obtain it. Such as instead of Dialga 9 and under as the minimum request, Dialga 40 and up should be the minimum. Hacks are practically littered on the GTS, in hopes of getting a good deal by trading it off. Also, not being able to check the summary highly increases the chances of trading for a hack. However, I can't say I hate the GTS. Nearly half of my event collection comes from a guy from Okinawa. All I had to do was trade a Magikarp/Starly/Bidoof (Yes, I'm sure they're legit). The cloning glitch also prevents from losing anything in a trade.

So the GTS does share many flaws as well as benefits.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I agree with all of what has been said, I also wish you could trade the pokemon in your PC on GTS... Anyway, the ridiculous offers sometimes do get you powerful pokemon. I got a Lv 100 Non hacked, fully Ev'd in Def and HP Skarmory for a Lv 9 or under Combee. It is ridiculous what people offer though...

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    I know I hate that too. Im like wow these people are morons lvl 1 Turtwig for a lvl 100 Dialga?!

I wouldn't necessarily say the people who offer the Pokemon are the morons. The people who actually trade for it are the morons. If the offerer gets a great trade like that, they would be tempted to try and pull of another trade like that. Then if others see that the person actually pulled off the trade, they would try to pull it off themselves.

frostyfuz

Cheeko, Cheeko
    Years
    I just went to GTS yesterday to see what you guys were talking about.

I was looking for a level 5 and under Turtwig but the wants were ridiculous.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    The GTS is broken because Nintendo didn't take into account that seven, eight, and nine year olds would playing the game and pretty much ruin the system.

Looking for: lvl. 99 Dialga!
    Offering: level 1 Magikarp!

Not to mention, you can't tell if the pokemon you're getting is hacked or not. Basically, just don't use it.

Finneon

Pretty fishie
    Years
    The GTS does have a lot of flaws, but I've found a bunch of good deals, with some (.. ok, a lot of) patience. Though I've had the trouble of getting really obviously hacked pokémon for pokémon I worked hard on. Rudely named things, too. There should be more precautions.

Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 5, 2010
    I really hate it. About 1 in 100 offers are fair. I especialy hate it when people ask for unoptainable pokemon. Wormple for a Mew, Shinx for a Darkrai. It really gets on my nerves.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2008
    i used to use it wen i was into getting as many OT #'s as possible for the loto in jublife. i hav a 100 and something trades from it.... but i didnt go looking for the pkmn id offer a decent pokemon for then and usually get the pkmn i needed within a couple hours. i got a lvl 50 milotic i didnt lik and put it up on the gts for a lvl 100 garchomp and i got it from japan where i usually get most of my rediculous trades

Moi.

I think I got ownt.
    Years
    HAHA yeah i seem to get all my ridiculous trades from japan aswell.

It seems to me that some people dont realy care on what they do in game aslon as they "complete" it and can show other people that they have.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2009
    Level 9 and under Mew, level 9 and under Mew...

Someday I'll hack myself a level 9 and under Mew and put it up on the GTS asking for a level 100 Magikarp!!

Lol.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    the trades are really unbalanced, but what can you do about it?
    the kids want a level 100 dialga for a bidoof, when you can just walk out and find one, i think they think that we are stupid.
    However, there are some great deals on it.
    for my friends cloned level 100 aggron, i got a level 100 shiny starmie, with great moves, and its modest nature.
    The GTS is bad for trading, but you will find a fair trade at least once an hour.
    but i had to give up my mew for a deoxys.
    that mew was a curse to me.

Back